Looking to buy a new turbo...need advice for my combo

818GN

Banned
I currently have a TE60 on my motor with the following:

Champion ported irons (w/ 140lb springs IIRC also from Tom)
Champion Intake
1.55 T+D rockers
Kenne Bell plenum/matching pp
70mm TB
206/206 roller cam
60lb injecters
Razors Alky single nozzle
3in DP to 3in ATR single shot
Tinman CAI
Forged internals w/ girdle
Built trans w/ 3200 billet stall
Hotwired 340

Was looking at the 6265 DBB or 6266 DBB turbo.

Is that too much turbo my application?

Car is 90% street, but may be seeing the track more.

Goals are to have a DD with 10lsec power in the 21-25lb range, if at all possible.

Any and all help is appreciated...thank you

6265 dbb will keep a smile on your face you wont soon wipe off! port the wg hole to control the boost and plan on going thur lots of drag radials.

6262 journal will have you covered and spool fast. I could convert you te 60 into a small shaft 60-1 with an e cover abd that will cover you easily also. You might want to pm SGRIM and ask for his opinion on this though.

6262 journal will have you covered and spool fast. I could convert you te 60 into a small shaft 60-1 with an e cover abd that will cover you easily also. You might want to pm SGRIM and ask for his opinion on this though.

What would be the difference in spool time with JB vs DBB?

I will PM him later today.

What would be the difference in spool time with JB vs DBB?

I will PM him later today.
Not much if you really have a 3200 stall. I'm sure he will be happy to hear from you

Lol.

What size stall would maximize a 60-1 or 6265?
It's not about the stall speed. It's about the converter design. I came close to maximizing a 6265 with a combo I had back in December. It made about 700whp@28-29psi. I used a 17 blade PTC 9.5". It's a lot of fun on the street.

I went from a 6262JB to a 6265DBB and I am glad I did it. From a slow roll on the street the 6262 was pretty sluggish. The 6265 spool a lot faster. This was with a 0 pump Vigilante. Rated at 3200 by Precision. At the track the JB needed about 3 more lbs of boost to get similar 60ft times. I did get low 1.5X 60fts with the 6262 so it is fine at the track. But it is a lot easier with the DBB version. On the street there is night and day between the 2 as far as fun factor.

It's not about the stall speed. It's about the converter design. I came close to maximizing a 6265 with a combo I had back in December. It made about 700whp@28-29psi. I used a 17 blade PTC 9.5". It's a lot of fun on the street.

A PTC converter is on the list.

Would a 3200 work best with a 6265 or should I go higher?

When you did your tests in December, what stall did you use?

A PTC converter is on the list.

Would a 3200 work best with a 6265 or should I go higher?

When you did your tests in December, what stall did you use?
They aren't sold by stall speed. The one I used stalled to about 2800-2900@ zero boost/vacuum. It stalled to 5400@29psi. It coupled to 5%@138mph. The car is brutal from a 70mph roll if it doesn't blow the tires off. 70-120mph in under 5 sec. It's more fun to drive than any other turbo regal I've ever driven.

I went from a 6262JB to a 6265DBB and I am glad I did it. From a slow roll on the street the 6262 was pretty sluggish. The 6265 spool a lot faster. This was with a 0 pump Vigilante. Rated at 3200 by Precision. At the track the JB needed about 3 more lbs of boost to get similar 60ft times. I did get low 1.5X 60fts with the 6262 so it is fine at the track. But it is a lot easier with the DBB version. On the street there is night and day between the 2 as far as fun factor.
With the correct PTC 9.5" the two would have spooled the same. The vig requires locking or it will slip a lot up top. If the converter is marginal the bb helps a lot.