Looking for new Turbo Just plain lost on what to get :(

Derek,
Install is not as bad as it looks for the power logger. If you want, send me the ECM and I'll stick it in there. You will have to modify your kick panel slightly, not a big deal. One cool thing about the power logger is you can connect your scanmaster to it to get much faster updates, and also display the wideband a/f and knock right next to each other on the main scanmaster display.

The rev limiter in your race chip is set to 6300. So if you leave it in D and you hit the limiter, you'll know something is slipping somewhere.

Even if you decide not to do the power logger, a wideband is a good thing.

Eric

Thanks eric I didnt know that direct scan went in the same way.
I really like the featurs on the Power Logger and the idea I can veiw the Wideband #'s on the scanmaster thats cool and will be way better for tuning :)
Ill be ordering one from you this week! Also do thy come with the chip for the scanmaster to read the Wideband or do you have to get those from Full Throttle??

Thanks eric I didnt know that direct scan went in the same way.
I really like the featurs on the Power Logger and the idea I can veiw the Wideband #'s on the scanmaster thats cool and will be way better for tuning :)
Ill be ordering one from you this week! Also do thy come with the chip for the scanmaster to read the Wideband or do you have to get those from Full Throttle??

IF you have the wideband readings displayed on the SM, would you still intall a gauge for it?

They are included in the PowerLogger kit.

Bob

OK I am waiting for My Power logger and Wide band to arrive (Purchased both from a super slow board memeber) Once I have them Ill be installing them asap.
I also found a leak on the Cross over pipe (Craked at the flang on the drivers side) So I ordered the larger one from Postens (Shipped today) :)

And I have built my own 4" Exaust system single shot dumps at the axle :)

I installed an o2 bung already and bouroghed an LM1 set up from a friend (Has the hand held read out. We welded up the crack for now and spool up didnt change a hole heck of a lot till we installed the 4" exaust. NOW! Car spools better and pulls a little harder at the same boost 28-29lbs.

But the Wide band says were about 13.2 on the hit from a dead stop and then drops to 12.7 or so.

I have a turbo tweek chip so I think were going to pull a little fuel out of it in the first stage or should I add some timming?? there is no knock at this point also.

Thanks for all the help and wish me luck in getting this Power Logger and wide band of my own!
Derek

You mean 13.2 while starting to spool and 12.7 while still spooling? If you mean after its spooled you are way too lean. I would shoot for 10.8-11.0:1 with the alky in 3rd. You need to get a lot more fuel in the engine or you are going to melt something.

You mean 13.2 while starting to spool and 12.7 while still spooling? If you mean after its spooled you are way too lean. I would shoot for 10.8-11.0:1 with the alky in 3rd. You need to get a lot more fuel in the engine or you are going to melt something.

Thats all on the brake building boost and in 1st gear stopped do to trafic I had to get out of it. didnt knock at all :) Oh and alky was off just 116 race gas :)

but if you say Im lean all add fuel to it. raining here today and still no flipping wideband and Powerlogger I really want to get this in the car this before this weekend so I can do some tunning I am going to a Track Day the 13 of Sept. so I hope to get the magic #! :)

Thats all on the brake building boost and in 1st gear stopped do to trafic I had to get out of it. didnt knock at all :) Oh and alky was off just 116 race gas :)

but if you say Im lean all add fuel to it. raining here today and still no flipping wideband and Powerlogger I really want to get this in the car this before this weekend so I can do some tunning I am going to a Track Day the 13 of Sept. so I hope to get the magic #! :)

Thats good then if your spooling. Do not add fuel. Thats where you get maximum spool. Just make sure your around 11.0:1 in the top of 3rd.

Thats good then if your spooling. Do not add fuel. Thats where you get maximum spool. Just make sure your around 11.0:1 in the top of 3rd.

WOOO Close one I was in panic mode again lol.
It spooling better still think I may go to a BB turbo in the spring :)

Ok the turbo on my car now as told to me when I got it off a board member is TE45a with a 65mm wheel making it a TE65??? Has .63 exaust housing.

I seem to be stuck in the flipping 11's with this turbo! Sick of it! I want 10's lol

Best time has been 11.04 at 29psi!!!!!!!! :eek: Im not liking the super high boost level much either :(

engine is mostly stock with a girdle set up and is only .30 over boar and I think hyper pistons. (eng. was in the car when I purchased it 2 years go) stock valve unported heads (As far as I know) 206/206 cam 3.5" DP with Exteral racegate, 3" single shot exaust, PTE front mount, Huge fuel system reds duoble pumper -10 to the rail and -6 return line + alky control 60lb motorons and tt race gas chip
Rear end and is done up as well as a 3.5 chrome alloy drive shaft
Built trans by brian on the board here and dose have a stage right brake (Havnt used the brake yet)
Art car 3500 "0" n/l converter
I know with the brake I can get a 10.80 or so out of her but the high boost scars the crap out of me and spool up is not what I think it should be really.

So I come to you as the experts on what to get next :)

Im looking at several turbos Im listing them below and want to know what some of you would put on the car so it will foot brake to the toon of High 10's and then trans brake to say 10.50 or a little faster

Turbos on my list are-
GT6776s 4" inlet 2.5 out
CPT66 4" inlet 2.5 out
CPT70 4" inlet 2.5 out
GTQ70 4" inlet 3" out??

That would be them all they all have there good points Im more interested in what one will make the most power at the lowest boost setting say 22-25psi max

Thanks for the help and info in advace I know may of you know way more than I do about turbos I am also having a hard time reading the compressor maps :( I know those tell the tail on what a turbo will do at any given boost level :)
Derek

I had stock heads with a 3way valve job and ran 11.0's also. I put some heads on and went 10.80's and gained 4mph with a PT67 .63. 3'' inlet Then the motor broke in half mid track after the 4th run stock bottom end. :frown:

I believe Redsttpe over in NN ran 10.30's with ported irons, 204/214, PS intercooler and JC 70-P trim. I am not sure what the boost was but I bet is was over 25 psi.

I believe Redsttpe over in NN ran 10.30's with ported irons, 204/214, PS intercooler and JC 70-P trim. I am not sure what the boost was but I bet is was over 25 psi.

I'm still running stock ported Irons. with a 218/218 70gtq @ 28psi. RJC Intercooler. Stock stroke.;)

Ok got my Power Logger today! :D

I have a question I dont know if you guys can answer or if I need a new thread but here it goes :)

There is a lead and a little circit board that it plugs into and no info any place on what the heck its for :( Im guessing this is where the wide band and other extra sensors tie into?? Kinda lame they dont put anything in the instructions on this. (Same thing I ran into with the other electronic items I purchased from Bob and Full Throttel always missing some info) :eek: :mad:

Anyway Im going to be installing it later today and just want to know what to do with it and what gets hooked up to it and how and where to do so :)

I have not loaded the disc that came with it yet so maybe info in there on it but I just like to ask questions :)

Thanks in advance
Derek

Ok got my Power Logger today! :D

I have a question I dont know if you guys can answer or if I need a new thread but here it goes :)

There is a lead and a little circit board that it plugs into and no info any place on what the heck its for :( Im guessing this is where the wide band and other extra sensors tie into?? Kinda lame they dont put anything in the instructions on this. (Same thing I ran into with the other electronic items I purchased from Bob and Full Throttel always missing some info) :eek: :mad:

Anyway Im going to be installing it later today and just want to know what to do with it and what gets hooked up to it and how and where to do so :)

I have not loaded the disc that came with it yet so maybe info in there on it but I just like to ask questions :)

Thanks in advance
Derek

Buick PowerLogger & Scanmaster Support - Full Throttle Speed Tech Support
All the info you could ever want is here.