New Dodge Challenger

2234759-2008Challenger002.jpg

2234760-2008Challenger000.jpg

2234763-2008Challenger001.jpg

2234779-2008Challenger003.jpg

Mopar NEEDS to build it just like in the pics. They have to make up for that POS they call a Charger. :D

that POS they call a Charger.

"As an all-around performer, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of awe-inspiring numbers unheard-of in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds, quarter-mile time in the 13-second range and braking distance from 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet. The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in the mid 16-second range."

A real POS with an automatic weighing 4,000 lbs. :rolleyes: Maybe it will give the GTOgly owners something to complain about since performance is similar as well as pricing.

John Larkin said:
A real POS with an automatic weighing 4,000 lbs. :rolleyes: Maybe it will give the GTOgly owners something to complain about since performance is similar as well as pricing.

I won't be one of them-- while not the stylistic route I would have chosen if I'd had a hand in designing it (the '04 Holden Monaro is much classier looking, in a Buick sort of way), the Goat's bang-for-buck quotient isn't bad as I paid just under $23K for mine. Plus, the car is solidly built and seats four comfortably.

I'm not a Mopar guy but that Challenger is perfect, I love it....Now if GM could come up with that new Camaro, the race would be on.

What About buick?

:mad: Ya that looks like a beast, I might have to get one if they make it! I only wish Buick would bring the GN back! Wonder if that would raise our values? Just a dream though. I don't think GM would ever allow a buick to Beet the **** out of thier cookie cutter Corvette ever agian.. :mad: :mad:

It would be so easy to make a 'Cuda out of the new Challenger since much of the styling is actually 'Cuda and not really Challenger. Aftermarket hood, grill insert, some paint to hide the quarter panel crease/make a 'cuda crease, add some fender vents and a new tail panel...voila retro '71 'Cuda.

The Aftermarket would go nuts over these.

I will never own an original again (they kinda suck to drive), but I would love to drive one of these new ones.

That's true but the problem may have been the Cuda was 'Plymouth' and the Challenger Dodge. As we all know, Plymouth is no more. I guess they could have a Dodge Cuda or a Chrysler Cuda?? Nah, as a muscle car guy it doesn't sound right.

That Challenger DEFINENTLY has ALOT of styling cues from the early 70's Cuda's.

I love it!!

BuickGn Boosted said:
Mopar NEEDS to build it just like in the pics. They have to make up for that POS they call a Charger. :D

The Charger is a POS? Based on what - your opinion? You might not like the looks, that's a subjective thing, but from a perfromance and engineering and execution standpoint, they are some pretty impressive cars and have won a lot of critics over -myself included. I think some people are overly critical of that car because of it's name. Not really a fair or accurate assesment of the car itself. Same stigma the GTO suffers from.

I have to say from experience and owning just about every brand of car over the years, my SRT8 might be my favorite (GN & TTA excluded) and is without question the best car I have owned fom a quality, value and performance standpoint. The car has an excellent chassis and suspension with very high quality design and componantry, a very impressive motor and trans and exceptional build quality. The only complaint I have is the Brembo brakes produce too much brake dust.

Back to the original topic. The Challenger will be in my garage and hopefully with the rumoured new 6.4 500hp hemi.

Drip Pan said:
I won't be one of them-- while not the stylistic route I would have chosen if I'd had a hand in designing it (the '04 Holden Monaro is much classier looking, in a Buick sort of way), the Goat's bang-for-buck quotient isn't bad as I paid just under $23K for mine. Plus, the car is solidly built and seats four comfortably.

Looks are so subjective it's pretty pointless trying to justify to someone why you like one car and don't like another. I really don't see the Charger SRT8 and the GTO competing for the same customer. The SRT8 is more money and has 4-doors and alot more features and refinement. The GTO is aimed more squarly at someone who really doesn't want or need those virtues. Personally, I find things to like about both. With that said, the Challenger will definately get a prospective new GTO buyer to think twice. The decision between those two cars would be an easy one for me. Like the saying goes..there's a butt for every seat.

lieu910 said:
The Charger is a POS? Based on what - your opinion?

Yes, based on my opinion. As far as I know I am still entitled to have one.

The Charger is a butt ugly car no matter what name they put on it. It has too many doors and the front looks like a truck. I don't care how fast it is or how good it handles, etc. I think it rates right up there with the Pontiac Aztec as far as looks go.

The Challenger on the other hand is hot.

BuickGn Boosted said:

The Charger is a butt ugly car no matter what name they put on it. It has too many doors and the front looks like a truck. I don't care how fast it is or how good it handles, etc. I think it rates right up there with the Pontiac Aztec as far as looks go.

Nice Mark. I never said you weren't entitled to an opinion, but was intersted if there was any objectivity to it. Your point taken, in your opinion a car has to look good to you to be worthy of any praise at all. Gotchya. :rolleyes:

BuickGn Boosted said:

I looked at one yesterday on a lot, and I have to agree with you, especially about the front end. Someone should post a poll to see what Buick owners think of the car. I would think there would be more thumbs down, or ugly POS :biggrin: