Not that great but still it's my 1st!

12lepler

Now this story is long mostly because my family has never owned anything fast or nice, and if you have seen any posts that I've made recently, you would know that my car right now is laid up with many little problems. :rolleyes: So it's worth mentioning that this kill happened about a week ago.. I bought the car pretty recently, about 3 weeks ago. I work at a Chrysler dealership as a mechanic, and almost all the techs have nice cars. So when I told people at my work that I, the 20 year old kid, I bought a 1986 Grand National with 51k original miles on it, everyone at my work was eagerly awaiting it's arrival. It rained for about 3 days after I bought it, so of course I didn't drive it. Yet every day everyone would ask, "you bring the GN yet?" "Comon, when you gonna drive the GN?" Etc etc. So there was finally a nice day so I drove it to work. almost everybody in the dealership came out at points in the day to check out the car that I had been talking about buying nonstop for over a year. Everyone loved it! :D "dude this thing is in great shape!" :eek: "Holy crap this thing is nice!" I felt so proud. :cool: One guy that owns a SRT10 Viper Truck keeps asking me to sell it to him haha. Now at my work there is a guy with a really nice Plum Crazy 1970 Dodge Challenger convertible, and there's another guy with a CRAZY fast 600hp 1998 Mustang Cobra. Now they've both given me a ride to go to lunch before, so I decided that I'm gonna return the favor. At lunch time the three of us got into the GN, T-tops off, and cruised to a burger joint for lunch. After we got our food we were on our way back, and some guy in a newer V6 Challenger SXT zoomed up behind me. I knew the guy wanted to race. He was weaving back and forth as we got in line to merge onto the highway back to work. As soon as I merged, he blew past me as fast as he could... which wasn't very fast. He had an exhaust on it so you could hear how much he was in it. I was thinking to myself, "Man if I was alone I would race this guy, but I'm sure the guys with me don't want me driving too recklessly." So I kept it under control and said to them, "Man that guys a jerk." Then they said, "yeah he thinks he's fast... Blow his doors off!", to which I responded, "...Well if you guys WANT me to race him I will!". So we came up to a red light and I was behind him in in the left lane since there was a mini van in the right lane. I could see him looking through his rear view mirror, and he was revving his engine. As soon as the lights turned green, he laid on it! This guy was in it to win it. You could hear his car scream and strain. I didn't even have to go half throttle, and as soon as the boost came in, I got into the right lane and passed him like he was standing still. ;) I had to brake for for a trailer truck that had pulled out, and when I did, he closed the 10 car lengths I put on him and did a ricer fly-by. The guys with me were laughing their heads off. They were like, "I think you made your point to the guy!" It was so much fun! :D I can't wait to get my car back on the road so I can drive it some more! When I drive that GN, I feel so proud that my months and months of saving every penny I had has finally paid off :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Here a pic of my GN, the SRT10, the Plum Crazy Challenger, and the 600hp Cobra :cool:

Attachments

• 1406509209700.jpg
    1406509209700.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 1406509220353.jpg
    1406509220353.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 1406509252815.jpg
    1406509252815.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 270
cool story. back when I was 20 something I had a similar experience. I had a 70gs 350 , very healthy rebuild and a few go fast goodies. A guy in a stock appearing GN pulled next to me at a stoplight . It seemed like an easy kill. When the light turned green it was on and my GS , a 14 sec street car at the time was quickly humiliated by a stock GN. :eek:I was shocked and stunned. At the time I had no Idea about GNs other than it was a v-6 , should have be easy pickins right? Guess again! I bought my on 87 GN in 1993 and still own it today and it never disappoints. Even in stock form with only a K&N filter and an adjustable wastegate actuator and performance exhaust it is a respectable muscle car. Would love to run it against with My GS 455 , quite healthy with a few go fast goodies. I believe it would be real close and could go either way but Id put my money on the GN. :D

Good kill but keep it safe, those tractor trailers don't give much.

Good advice :D I saw it as soon as it pulled out about 20 car lengths ahead of me, so it wasn't an emergency braking situation.

Nice kill. Even more impressive when you can do it with four people in the car.:)

Mike B.

Way cool and it only gets better. And it's the little things than mean a lot too. I was at the track Friday night sitting in the staging lanes (LOTS or really neat and fast cars) and people were walking by and I saw one guy in a group point at my GN and say "of all the cars here, THAT'S the one I want to see run. Those GN's are so cool." Made my evening. You have just started so enjoy.

Nice kill and sounds like you will have many more. Your car looks great! Get used to a lot of compliments. I pulled in a cruise night where there were Ferrari, lambos, a gtr, built everything and
had a crowd around my car immediately. One guy said out of all the cars mine was his favorite. A compliment like that makes it all worth the time and money we put in these cars. Well and of
course 24lbs of boost.lol

I still remember my first kill, a punk in a mustang gt. I was working at zaxbys at the time and on my ay there. Not 2 minutes after I walked in an older gentlemen came in and said "who drives the gn?" Lol.