new alky kits fors gn's!

Oh god, this is going to go downhill from here....

I'd highly doubt any person that is smart would even bother to copy someone elses idea(s) - especially for an alky kit - it's not that hard to make these circuits, as Mr. Razor will probably even say - there's a minimal amount of features you need to have a progressive system that is tuneable unless its "automated" - init pump speed, turnon, and a slope... if you were designing one, you'd find that out the first day when you did some of the math. Much of the work however is in the testing, which is really endless. Point is: the kits all work, the little differences and testing are what gives each kit its benefits or cons... Let's just end this here - I can't see any good coming out of an argument like this.

Phil

broke1 said:
Tell me who is then???Dont make a statement then not back it up.

Julio came out with his progressive alky before SMC or Snow.Then SMC followed shortly after,then snow,etc,etc.I didnt say he invented the mouse trap but he sure as **** started making improvemnets that no one else was.WE OWE ALOT TOL JULIO FOR GIVING OTHERS IDEAS.

All alky kits are essentially based off foreign design thats older than most tbs.com posters(ww2)

If the 1st person making and marketing a project isnt the father of it,what is he???

Aquamist had map & rpm based progressive systems when DIY alky for the GN was still in its infancy.

We tip our hat to everyone who helps further innovate and improve technology. That includes Julio, the people who came before him, and the people who will come after him.

In deference to Phil's request, I'll stop here.

you guys are hysterical!! Got at least 3 kits to choose from and arguing whose is best. I am still trying to convince a lot of ls1 guys that alky even works!!! :) You guys need to beg for MORE kits....competition will bring prices down or at least get you even more featues for the same money. Oh....and just for any LS1 readers on here...alky does work ;)

PhilM said:
Much of the work however is in the testing, which is really endless.
Phil, Dennis, Drew..thanks for your input.

Funny how many things have changed in the last four years. I remember when I dreamed of running 11.5's on pump gas.. then the push for 10's.. then the push for 10.5's.. now its the push for 9's. A few cars are getting very close.. probably by this years end we'll have a few 109 stock block cars in the 9's on 93 octane.. And it is this data that then helps push the whole pack forward..

Guys there is nothing to fight about... its the New Year.. be happy.. boost your motors to the moon.. and lay down the numbers.

TB Resolution 2 for 2006.. Make it into the 9's on 93 octane using a 109 powered full weight vehicle. :wink:

Cablebandit said:
I am still trying to convince a lot of ls1 guys that alky even works!!! :)

Will LT1's suffice? We've had Blowzilla LT1 and TT Impy SS's with alky deep into 10's & 11's (full weight vehicles of course) - oh, it works :)

Thats an old pic of whats included with our kits. It does come with a cap and we started including the level sensor. We use the same pump, But Julio replaces the diaphram in his. I just have been to busy to update the old site and i kinda was rushed getting the new site up and don't even have a pic up yet for this kit or any of our other kits. Julio does give you nicer hose. I personal perferr the Poly hose just because it so much lighter and it bends better. Imo our controller is nicer. But I will not go into detals since I don't pay sponser dues. Who do i need to get in touch with?

On a side note Grumpy
are you the same grumpy from bop southern nats 1 year ago that was trying to buy a yellow 72 olds with a 508ci bbo? I was thinking about parting with it. I got in the 9.20's with it. I can let it go for what we discussed then.

rocket468 said:
Thats an old pic of whats included with our kits. It does come with a cap and we started including the level sensor. We use the same pump, But Julio replaces the diaphram in his. I just have been to busy to update the old site and i kinda was rushed getting the new site up and don't even have a pic up yet for this kit or any of our other kits. Julio does give you nicer hose. I personal perferr the Poly hose just because it so much lighter and it bends better. Imo our controller is nicer. But I will not go into detals since I don't pay sponser dues. Who do i need to get in touch with?

On a side note Grumpy
are you the same grumpy from bop southern nats 1 year ago that was trying to buy a yellow 72 olds with a 508ci bbo? I was thinking about parting with it. I got in the 9.20's with it. I can let it go for what we discussed then.

No thanks.Were all filled up with alky/propane kits,go sell to the ricers.

broke1 said:

Nope, ignore broke1s comment. We are far from full, we need more.

Please show us your best stuff. Sell to us, to ricers, and everybody so you've got enough money to stay in business and develop even more new and exciting products.

As an aside,

Julio - I see the Snow alky kit for sale in the Summit Performance catalog. When are you going to branch out to the big time? Or have you already?

DMan said:
Julio - I see the Snow alky kit for sale in the Summit Performance catalog. When are you going to branch out to the big time? Or have you already?

Got to keep quality control. Any process that gets McDonalds like treatment will fail.

Its the same reason I dont offer on-line ordering.. dont want the headache associated with selling a kit to the wrong car. If you cant offer tech support on the vehicle, you shouldnt be selling kits for it. Example late model Jaguar with blower, SRT4, Mercedes with Turbo, etc... You wouldnt believe the calls I get trying to solve issues after the fact from those who purchased other name brand systems.. installed them.. then realized the issues.

It is why there is no distributorship.. unless the company is well versed in the particular application.

Call just yesterday.. guy buys a kit.. not mine.. starts having issues with knock.. calls the vendor.. eventually cant get help.. calls me.. my first question.. "Does the car have a scanmaster?".. I get the "huh?..".. Why sell a system to increase boost on a car without a scantool.. thats just nuts. Thats like selling a boost controller to someone without a boost guage.

Peace.

rocket468 said:
Imo our controller is nicer.

On a side note.. Chance, contact the admins of this website for advertising if you wish. If you can offer support without putting any product's' down.. Welcome. If you want to start a mines is better than yours... it will get you into trouble quick. I pay to be on this site, how you offer a kit for a Buick and not know about this site :rolleyes: .. looks like you have a long road ahead.

Very easy for me to pick your system apart on-line.. notice that I dont. We dont need this type of response becuase it creates more problems than good.

You have email on your website, prospective customers can email you in private.. at that point what you and your customers decide is your business.

We had the type of response about a year ago from your business partner.. at that time he recieved warnings from the administration of this site. Guess he didnt "get it".

Example.. look at PhilM and the way he projects himself. Look at his sig.. he is selling a WI system.. but doesnt step on toes like you have done in less than a few posts.

Good luck with your systems..

Julio

broke1 said:

Make sure you just speak for yourself. We are all old enough to make our own decisions.

Yea, I had people telling me to get on tubobuicks forum. I didnt realize they ment without the s. There must be like 10 buick forums

I was commenting to your post above about what we don't include. I don't want to step on toes. And I was not trying to be disrespectful, Sorry if i came off wrong.

GREAT, just GREAT, now I dont know what kit I want to buy. There are so many kits out there and so much info that I am confused. Razor you said you had a recipe for a TR, mine new 87 ttype is completely stock and need info on what to get to make it move. What kind of times am I looking at, it depends on the price to get there. Sinse my WE4 was stolen & stripped, I am low on funds but in time cash will follow, I hope. I dont think I want to be in the 10s at this time but we all know how that goes. I think a high 11 might suit me for now. Help me out if ya can, thanks

Many kits out there now..Razor, SMC, Snow, MPE, Devilsown, DIY..lots to choose from and its all good.

I personally use my own DIY setup. Am thinking about buying a progressive controller to add to it. These systems are not rocket science, but kits are convenient and proven. Talk to users of the systems to help form your opinion.

11s might be tough on a bone stock car..alky will be a huge step in the right direction but you will probably need some chip, airflow and fuelflow enhancements to get you across the threshold.

BLACK DEATH DSR said:
GREAT, just GREAT, now I dont know what kit I want to buy. There are so many kits out there and so much info that I am confused. Razor you said you had a recipe for a TR, mine new 87 ttype is completely stock and need info on what to get to make it move. What kind of times am I looking at, it depends on the price to get there. Sinse my WE4 was stolen & stripped, I am low on funds but in time cash will follow, I hope. I dont think I want to be in the 10s at this time but we all know how that goes. I think a high 11 might suit me for now. Help me out if ya can, thanks

Whats DSR?

Suggestion.. start a new thread. This thread has gone in every direction. And its best to be specific in what you ask.

Yes on the recipe.. Start a new thread and i'll post it :wink:

Razor said:
Whats DSR?

Suggestion.. start a new thread. This thread has gone in every direction. And its best to be specific in what you ask.

Yes on the recipe.. Start a new thread and i'll post it :wink:

New thread is started Razor. Pacemakr86 is correct on the DSR.