new alky kits fors gn's!

man you guys just dont get the freakin point, id would have post this on gnttype.org, but the sites down. Half you guys on here have four cars for yourself, so obviously money is not an issue, but for the others out there like myself who have to actually have to save for parts finding a new cmopany who will keep their prices low is a blessing, even razor is jacking his prices up to $500 for his kit, sorry not payin the much. So you guys who can just spend thousands of dollars and want to give negative comments dont post in this thread, this is for us "poor folk"

Devilsown is the (generally) preffered kit for series 2 3800's (97+ buick regals, pontiac grand prixs, bonnevilles, etc.) The owner has a Grand Prix, and has documented significant gains with the system. This may not mean much to you turbo buick guys, since you obviously know it already works. But the series 2 SC engines seem to be quite a bit flakier when it comes to methanol injection, so documented gains are a strong selling point. Customer service is fine as well, I have gotten a few small parts from them.

I do strongly agree with the 'support your own vendors' argument, and while I am open to trying new things, its always a safe bet to go with what has been proven to work in the past. Not to mention Razor's tuning guides that pertain to the alkycontrol kit......... The series 2 community is just figuring out how to tune for methanol injection.

I'm not trying to sway anybody either way, but +1 for Devilsown customer service, +1 for Alkycontrol as an established vendor and well documented success.

DAMN........what is wrong with you people ?.........the kid was just passing along some information and then a certain few blow everything out of proportion...............info is info, use it or shut the hell up !

Poor folk

fett87 said:
man you guys just dont get the freakin point, id would have post this on gnttype.org, but the sites down. Half you guys on here have four cars for yourself, so obviously money is not an issue, but for the others out there like myself who have to actually have to save for parts finding a new cmopany who will keep their prices low is a blessing, even razor is jacking his prices up to $500 for his kit, sorry not payin the much. So you guys who can just spend thousands of dollars and want to give negative comments dont post in this thread, this is for us "poor folk"

"Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?"
OK, you're griping about saving a few bucks on a new alky system available, Right? Do a search for Steve Monroe from Oklahoma. He tells you how to do a Do It Yourself (DIY) alky kit for about $200. His site is info only, he doesn't sell kits. Something for the "poor folks" like you. You can have your cake and eat it too.
p.s. Don't have a lot of money: work more or work harder. Had a friend when I was 20 years old that had a bad ass American Motors dual quad
street car. How'd he get his car money? He worked 80 hours a week at the local McDonalds.

BigDaddy people in the alky. forum here get PAID to be idiots. ;)

Don't be surprised if this thread gets "moderated" soon. :eek:

Carry on...

gibby said:
Devilsown is the (generally) preffered kit for series 2 3800's (97+ buick regals, pontiac grand prixs, bonnevilles, etc.) The owner has a Grand Prix, and has documented significant gains with the system. This may not mean much to you turbo buick guys, since you obviously know it already works. But the series 2 SC engines seem to be quite a bit flakier when it comes to methanol injection, so documented gains are a strong selling point. Customer service is fine as well, I have gotten a few small parts from them.

I do strongly agree with the 'support your own vendors' argument, and while I am open to trying new things, its always a safe bet to go with what has been proven to work in the past. Not to mention Razor's tuning guides that pertain to the alkycontrol kit......... The series 2 community is just figuring out how to tune for methanol injection.

I'm not trying to sway anybody either way, but +1 for Devilsown customer service, +1 for Alkycontrol as an established vendor and well documented success.

Julio came out with a GP kit months before devilsown.

Not to mention hes the father of progressive alky injection.

So who do you think makes a better kit,the originator or those trying to copy him?

salvageV6 said:
BigDaddy people in the alky. forum here get PAID to be idiots. ;)

Don't be surprised if this thread gets "moderated" soon. :eek:

Carry on...

You are right, I forgot that if you have a different idea than the masses then you are a leper on this board.....thanks for the heads-up....

fett87 said:

I think you're getting a lot of negative response because the TR community is small, vendors come and go, and screw lots of people in the process. I'd say a lot of TR guys are getting tired of being jacked around. Plus people want to see results and not just a bunch of talk. I haven't seen any posted results on TRs with the Devil's alky kit but I could be wrong. But I think most of us could care less if it works great on other cars, we wanna see results on a turbo Regal!

Razor is one of the "good guys" because his stuff is proven and his knowledge of these cars and customer service are awesome. The fact he know these cars inside and out is a big factor.

Think of it this way...if you needed tech advice on how to make your TR faster, are you gonna call the tech line at Summit Racing or say, Jack Cotton?

Summit will probably tell you to put a 350 sbc in your car.... :tongue:

Jack Cotton...well you get the idea.

i know when i was a young pup i always looked for the best deal/$..this is a lesson SOME learn from and some dont..if he cant afford julios kit,no one here can tell him any different he will get one it may work great and it may not..this will be where he will or will not learn a lesson...all i know is if this guy was on this site and willing to help people and answer all questions it may be easier to buy the product,he could join the forum?all i can tell this person from experiance is if someone answers all your calls and responds to any emails and is willing to help you out more than could be exspected im willing to pay good money for good service,which is the reason i purchased julios kit..money does matter to me,even when i was a poor boy i bought what i thought to be the best lasting product which takes research to find out not just a price tag,trust me..i now buy wall-mart cordless drills now even tho i can afford dewalt but imo dewalt sold out and is crap..julios kit is on alot of cars and ive not seen one bad comment still,ive never seen one comment either way on the other kit..let me also ad something,when i finally decided on julios kit i was also close enough to make the drive to have him install it,great guy and very particular about his work,he re-ran alot of my wires under my hood fixed alot of crap under there and made it very presentable looking and had alot of ideas for me as far as cleaning it up under the hood and making this thing run right EVERYTHING he told me i did and each thing i put on worked just like he said(smart guy)...then he told me to let him know when im going to the track and he will meet me there to tune it,im thinking great i would love that at any cost,well he showed up drove with me 3 times down the track and fine tuned it for me for the best price i could imagine....free...it blew my mind he wouldnt accept it,i tried...yes us tr guys are loyal,but mostly for good reasons..and no im not being paid to write this,this is true and i know im not the only one to experiance his great personality and knowledge...if you buy that kit,keep us updated and i hope all goes well with it..

like i posted earlier, i have installed "devils " kit on a freinds of mine here in town. It workled flawless. Just like my razzors and SMC kits do

alky kit opinion

Thought I'd get my 2 cents in here. I have the devilsown 3bar progressive kit.
Even though I haven't fired up my engine yet,I can say the install is very simple. Any and all my questions have been answered so far. I picked up my kit thru e-bay and got a lower price on it. Support seems to be no problemo.
True Julio has more experience,but Bilal(devil) knows his stuff too. Cars are
different but the basic knowlege seems to be the same.Trying other products
is not a sin. Don't knock it till you try it. PEACE>Tony ;)

Well, since everyone and their brother commented, figure I'd add my .04 cents (more than .02). Guys, can't we all get along here. The decisions to be made here don’t require the efforts of a Rocket Scientist or Aerospace Engineer. I recently bought Razor's kit because most in the TR community believe in its performance gain based upon convincing facts. So was basically an easy decision for me or someone else looking to gain an edge based upon this proven performance. If someone wants to save money and try another vendor, irregardless of whether or not they are well-known in the TR community, to each his own and like someone stated earlier - "You live and learn." I do believe we are too small of a community to be carrying on in this manner. Can you just imagine how a Turbo Buick event would go if most showed up and was divided on which freaking alky kit to use and people didn't want to associate because of something so dumb/stupid/hideous? Daggonit, do what you think is best to make yourself happy. Be a man/woman and live with your decision - At least you'll learn from it either way it goes whether good or bad. Geeeeee, now I'm done. Having said all that, I sense an administrator's edit and comments right about now............ before someone gets mentally or physically hurt by this particular thread.

I've got Razor's kit and it works flawlessly. Very pleased with product. But there is one thing you should remember it's your car, your money, buy what you want. Like you said your 18, your allowed to make mistakes this is how we learn. Oh, and I see the KING has is back and I say Piss on the KING and as before I'd do that myself. :wink:

Guys thanks for the support.

Guess if you add the 3 bar sensor, a larger pump, a vented cap, low level sender, braided feed hoses, etc... you'd be at over 500

I welcome the competition.

I wont get into other issues.