new alky kits fors gn's!

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razor's kit $500.00 apr.

Devil's own kit $385.00 apr

difference $115.00

being able to run 11.00@122mph on pump gas and street tire's

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's here from just one person with a D/O kit that can say that!!!!

BTW this is with a totally stock bottom end with just bolt on's :D :D :D :D :D

Well we have the Razor kit on special right now for 429.99 shipped without the 3 bar map sensor which is a more real comparison. If you compare the kits you get quite a bit more for a $30-40 difference
Mike

The main reason I joined this forum is because I need to figure out how to get my solenoid to activate, and I was tired of calling Julio on the phone and bothering him. And then he spelled it out to me in my first post. Obviously, his customer service is top knotch.

A few points to be made, the W-bodys have low washer fluid indicators on the dash, so you don't "need" a low level sending unit, and most of them use the stock reservoir and just drill a hole in the washer fluid cap. The devilsown kit also comes with factory connectors for power. The L67's (with the M90) do not respond well to high concentrations of methanol (even a 50/50 mix is tough to tune for) so there is no real reason to have a seperate reservoir, just use -20 washer fluid.

Honestly, I would recommend whatever kit your community uses. I got the alkycontrol kit when devilsown was just a thread on clubgp with a few links and part numbers, and at the time there were maybe a handful of GTP's/newer Regals even using alky.

So again, not trying to sway anyone either way, (not that I could, being the new guy over here). Both kits work, but this is one instance where going the road more travelled is probably the best bet.

Personally I bought from razor because he was a member here,hes logged on dam near everyday w/help info if needed,had great feedback from others,updated kits when need be and could be reached by phone if all else failed. Plus his kits are almost invisable when hood is open.Do these other vendors compare?If so,then you made a good choice. Again thx Julio. Im glad the route I went.

i never meant for this thread to get so out of hand, i was just passing some info along, next time i will just refrain, dont mess with old men and their alcohol

fett87 said:
i never meant for this thread to get so out of hand, i was just passing some info along, next time i will just refrain, dont mess with old men and their alcohol

:D dont mess with old men and their alcohol :D

gibby said:
The L67's (with the M90) do not respond well to high concentrations of methanol (even a 50/50 mix is tough to tune for) so there is no real reason to have a seperate reservoir, just use -20 washer fluid.

That is exactly the point. The issue has to do with tuning. After having shops do alky on Mustang Cobra's with Eatons, Vette's with Magnusson blowers, Mustangs with Kenne Bell, Tons of trucks all of which are GM with radix blowers.. and they all respond favorably to 100% methanol.

The L67 platform needs someone smart doing the tuning to hack the computer to allow fuel to be displaced so power can be made. I dont own one of these cars.. but I can tell you highly doubtful it is what it is.. So it gets back to tuning abilities afforded.

Perfect example is the EVO8.. why do you think they ditch the stock ecu in favor of an AEM. Its for that reason.

I have had customers have their systems tuned by professionals where power was lost.. same car taken to another tuner picks up. Difference is one picks up the phone and calls.

One part of an alky kit is getting reliable components under the hood/in-car. The next hurdle is tuning. Without both of those.. the performance will never be correct. Period. This is why I dont make kits for the SRT4 Neon.. or a 1998 Jag with a blower.. or other platforms cuase they cannot be tuned appropriately. Sorry for the ramble.. if you want to start a new thread "ideas/thoughts on tuning an L67".. no problem. We can address that.

With that said.. buy your parts and systems from those that can support your particular platform.. cuase spraying a motor without in depth knowledge of what and why is a sure way to create more harm than good.

That is if your looking for a positive result.

fett87, when you get older you'll find that you get set in your ways of doing certain things becuase it gives you a positive result. The old if it aint broke dont fix it mentallity starts to set in. And new ideas are met with resistance. The idea of running the times with a car as heavy as mine on 93 octane just a few years ago was unheard of. And I too met and still meet tons of resistance from those that stay with the C16 race gas. Still saying that alcohol injection doesnt work. I have a recipe that if followed works like a charm on a TR. Not saying it cannot be done another way... becuase Buicks have been getting sprayed since day 1. At BG this year 2SLOW (Dennis Hogan) showed me the tail lights on his car. He ran like a 10.6-10.7 using a small pressurized tank, couple NOS nozzles, couple of trico WW pumps, set of hobbs switches, etc.. while barbaric... it got the job done for his means that day. There is more to the car... just is what worked for him.

HTH

fett87 said:
Look at the size of the controller on this unit, everything else ive seen looks like those old gameboys from back in the day, these guys look like pros who know who have the know abouts for serious programming.As far as customer support goes, they have their own forum set up for that specific reason. Just cause this kit is new dont bash it, people in the buick community from what ive seen are too narrow minded about diffrent products and need to open up to new possibilites, as for quality here is a review

"Having owned and ridden in cars with both PAC and SME's controllers, I can say Devilsown holds its own against its competitors. The compactness and ease of installation is what makes it shine. 4 Wires and that's it! Dialing it in was a breeze and I thought it would be difficuilt with just two knobs. It is the most affordable and probably the easiest to install."

http://www.devilsownonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74

Thanks Fett for the post, I feel your $$ pain. I am 46 & have a hard time justifing spending $$ too.

I hear good things about razor kit from most people on research I have done, but if you buy the devils spray & use it can you please post any info to let us know how good it works. I might be interested.

Ha, your loaded, your just too tight to spend :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pronto said:
Ha, your loaded, your just too tight to spend :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, True I am loaded on paper. But my wallet has moths in it :(
My $$ is tied up all over the place. COME ON INTEL stock I need more $$

Hey it took a lot to earn my title as the world poorest armeinan! I have never met a poor one yet! ;)

But my wallet has moths in it
That's because you have to hand your $$ over to Chris before you can put it in your wallet! You need a secret stash and your inheritance :D :D
Your only half Armo that's why!

My opinion....Julio and Smc have good alky kits....Just overpriced.I made a kit my self about 4 years ago.Took my old stock gn fuel pump,stuck it in a w/w reservoir,hooked up to a hobbs switch,sprayed through a Hago nozzle and had it come on a 12lbs of boost with no probs at all for over a year til i sold car.Car was stock except for exhaust and air filter and ran 12.70's..Total price about $30....Most people don't wanna get their hands dirty and try different things,just stick with the brainwashing that goes on here on the board... :confused: Lots of stupid money spent here....Why??

thats a question only the brainwashers can answer. so why dont you ask them since all they do is take our money so all i can say is get out now get out why you still have money in your pocket!!!!!!!!!!!! this board is corrupted with money hungry brainwashers

Here's my best shot at "Why" :

Yes a hobbs switch single stage is fine and it sure does work... BUT, you WILL go faster with a progressive kit... once you desire that, its not as simple as turning a pump on... now you have to bear the motor load on a FET, create fault detections, enclosures, wiring, pumps, blah blah blah... I'm sure this has been covered over and over somewhere...

People going faster and faster, especially on a street car dont want bog... when you need higher psi, the bog is really noticeable as I've witnessed several times - one guy was running even a "2 stage" hobbs deal, from 11psi to his max boost of 28psi ... even with this the bog was quite excessive b/c he had to compensate alky qty for his highest boost requirement in his 2nd stage range. He was deep in 11's and many ppl with alky are in 10's ... when you get faster and faster a single stage setup is not that great and a PIA to tune - you woulda saw that if you continued with your Buick - whether it bothered you, well thats a personal preference.

Its good you have something that works for you and you liked it - you prolly also like the fact that you were spending $30 instead of $500... I of all ppl build everything myself... everything - many times though, ppl just get tired and want something that you simply dont gotta deal with that has been tested and will work with no problems. As for spending 500 bucks for something that has gains as large as shooting alky, why not!? Many mods are much more expensive and the gains are only minute. The higher dollar kits are much easier to tune, no popping the hood everytime, changing nozzles, etc... Do it all sitting on your azz - The American Way :D

Phil your my hero ! any updates on the MPE unit.

I can honestly say i have installed Devil's , SMC, and Razzors kit on TR's here in town. and tuned them on the dyno. They all work.
The alkycontrol unit " which is on my car" is just my preference, and i like to buy from people in our TR community.

PS
the alkycontrol instructions were very detailed and easy to follow.

Thanks PaCemkr86

Time to get out the knifes.. run for your lives.. not going to restaurants anymore.. i'll start killing everthing i'm gonna eat.. watch all the money i'll save.. :biggrin:

I love threads like these to start off the New Year..

My first resolution... not worry bout what others think of me :biggrin:

PaCemkr86 said:
Phil your my hero ! any updates on the MPE unit.

:) You're gonna think im a hero when u try that transbrake switch i sent ya (btw, i hope you dont have a "shaky" thumb... :eek: )
Nah, nothing too big - doing some installs for more testing this w/e tho.... wanna test it on your 1200HP turbo-carb-stang? :biggrin:

broke1 said:
Not to mention hes the father of progressive alky injection.

Julio is not the father of progressive control.

broke1 said:
So who do you think makes a better kit,the originator or those trying to copy him?

What a silly way to frame an argument.

What you call copying, others call evolution and development.

In the strictest sense, you could say Julio 'copied' and then 'improved' upon the earlier designs of DIY water injection systems and SMC.

I'm glad he did. His kit took it to a whole new level and penetration in the performance market.

Now someone else shows up and you complain?

DMan said:
Julio is not the father of progressive control.

What a silly way to frame an argument.

What you call copying, others call evolution and development.

In the strictest sense, you could say Julio 'copied' and then 'improved' upon the earlier designs of DIY water injection systems and SMC.

I'm glad he did. His kit took it to a whole new level and penetration in the performance market.

Now someone else shows up and you complain?

Tell me who is then???Dont make a statement then not back it up.

Julio came out with his progressive alky before SMC or Snow.Then SMC followed shortly after,then snow,etc,etc.I didnt say he invented the mouse trap but he sure as **** started making improvemnets that no one else was.WE OWE ALOT TOL JULIO FOR GIVING OTHERS IDEAS.

All alky kits are essentially based off foreign design thats older than most tbs.com posters(ww2)

If the 1st person making and marketing a project isnt the father of it,what is he???