new alky kits fors gn's!

Alcohol Kits!!

It's all preference! Choose what YOU like and stick with it! Be original and don't listen to everyone. Every situation is different so it's all again just trial and error with preference!!

The main thing here of course, is to use these kits in a Turbo Buick and keep them humming!! :)

broke1 said:
Amen x2 :cool:
fet87,save your $$$$ longer and buy Julios kit:)

X3 :cool:
I decided to buy something designed and proven on a TR. There is a lot to be said for a kit that has gone through a revision while the old kit still worked well. Besides, the tech support from Julio is KNOWN to be impecable.

I am sure this new supplier will have a good product and great service as well, but .... I still belief in God. JMO.

I Run Devilsown And It Works Great!!

Razor said:
Guys thanks for the support.

Guess if you add the 3 bar sensor, a larger pump, a vented cap, low level sender, braided feed hoses, etc... you'd be at over 500

I welcome the competition.

I wont get into other issues.
:rolleyes:

GNDen said:
Every situation is different so it's all again just trial and error with preference!!

Trial and error on a 1200HP StageII, or a 980 HP Vette, or an 826HP EvoM, or a 1000HP LS1, or an 800 HP 231 V6..

Trial and error... careful with that error.. its a doozy$$$.

Razor said:
GNDen said:
Every situation is different so it's all again just trial and error with preference!!

Trial and error on a 1200HP StageII, or a 980 HP Vette, or an 826HP EvoM, or a 1000HP LS1, or an 800 HP 231 V6..

Trial and error... careful with that error.. its a doozy$$$.

Most of us wont be running that kind of power. For those hp #s i can see your point but for 13,12,11 sec i dont see the difference between the kits as long as your goals and expectations are met.

If your running that kinda power :) then the kits are pretty much the same as the particular "tuning/testing" done by the manufacturer on a "generalized" model (ie a t6p, wrx, rx, etc..) pretty much goes out the window - we try to do testing on all kinds of cars and setups and each one is different. We cant give you an exact tuning procedure for an RX7 and have you apply it to your Buick. The main thing to look for is reliability and precision (repeatability) of the units. When it needs to come on, it better...and at the right level; if not, your screwed royally if you dont let out first.

Another result with the "manual tuning" with most alky kits is that there is no feedback for engine monitoring... it is assumed however, that alky is the "crude" addition and that the engine's ECU does the neccessary "fine" fuel table adjustments since it has the expensive feedback already built in in the form of O2's KR, etc... This is why we dont have auto-setting alky systems out there that are somewhat reasonable in price... you will have to set them according to your system and requirements. Getting sw/hardware to do this (properly! and across a wide range of applications) is pricey and not many ppl will buy the kits. Also, what happens when you have a creation that is "outside the box" and the auto-tuner controller cannot deal with it... then you have a problem and guess what? you gotta adjust it yourself. It is difficult to have software code (less neural network implementations) that accomodates many different engines... Eg: Accel DFI is not initially "auto tuning." If it were, tuning race engines would need no knowledgeable tuners... our guy will spend quite some time tweaking the tables to get the right combo based on his "human" feedback. Last I checked humans were still a bit smarter than the world's most powerful computers :smile:

The custom and weird creations that many have require very particular tuning measures in engine management making alky tuning seem like childs-play if you know what your doing... If you can tune a 1000HP engine successfully, then adding alky should be no problem for you.

Get a controller you can trust, has good support (eg Julio :) ), and that suites what you "like"

The End, a Novel by Phil Mease

85 ttypewh1 said:
Most of us wont be running that kind of power. For those hp #s i can see your point but for 13,12,11 sec i dont see the difference between the kits as long as your goals and expectations are met.

That is becuase the difference is with the unseen. Careful on that 11 sec number.. big difference between 11.0 and 11.99 on our cars.. HUGE.

If your goals are very modest, and your on top of your game paying attention.. then yes anything will work. The ability to run a few extra PSI is afforded any way you do this..

Phil... :wink:

After playing around with putting my own together, and modifing another one, I saw that they could work....

Then I meet Razor at the Nats, and after talking/ seeing him in action, the *thinking about it* was over. He knew his kit, his car ran the numbers, and I was in a car pre and post installation of his kit. That was enough for me...

I've been runnin his in both dual and single nozzle configurations, and it's just worked every time, haven't had to fuss with it at all, other then the normal tuning stuff. Oh, and putting alky in it.

If ya'll want to experiment, please feel free to, if you want to just buy a well thought out kit, and enjoy the bennies of alky get Razor's kit.

Razors

I went racing this past Friday and was using 114 race gas and ran the time in my sig with no knock in the 1/8. Well on the way home I topped off my tank with 91 octane, left the boost where it was at and all I can say is WOW! I had no knock, and this sucker sat me in the back seat, just like at the track with straight 114 octane. The install was very simple and to the point and Julios people skills are bar none, truly a great guy and this man know his stuff... I don't know much about the others, but just wanted to share my first impressions, I feel this was money well spent. Now just looking forward to tuning it, goal is to run 11.50 @ 127-129 mph. I don't want a rollbar :)

Stay original, street 11's!

85 ttypewh1 said:
Razor said:
GNDen said:

85 ttypewh1, I second that. That is the whole point here. :)