Nasty lil Gremlin

I have two cars to tune in Orlando tomorrow, so should be at your car around 10:00 with new adaptor, xfi, volt meter, etc..

It's not the XFI box, the loaner came in (Thanks Holly) got hooked up, same thing!!! Run an stall, It looks as if when the Fans are to come on, i loose the XFI's operations in the Ign. Running through all wiring again...I'll post any findings.
I feel for you. But my view might be from left field you said when the fans are to come on it dies and won't re start. I would check the fan operation and amp draw. Is it a stock set up or aftermarket set up. And check in your fuse box after it happens might be a circuit breaker in there that might not be rated high enough for the load and trip and takes time to cool down or until the temp cools enough to keep the fans from coming on and will run until it try's to turn them on again. I know your in good hands with Cal.

I feel for you. But my view might be from left field you said when the fans are to come on it dies and won't re start. I would check the fan operation and amp draw. Is it a stock set up or aftermarket set up. And check in your fuse box after it happens might be a circuit breaker in there that might not be rated high enough for the load and trip and takes time to cool down or until the temp cools enough to keep the fans from coming on and will run until it try's to turn them on again. I know your in good hands with Cal.

I have GN1's duel fan set-up on there wiring harness. It's not right when then come-on, but in that time frame,Thanks for the info, I'm looking into that now, maybe it got wired in the factory harness with the wrong wire. -or- the Casper box is on the fritz. Can all be related though, i should know the situation by tonight. I been through so many motors the last 10 years, this run an stall issues minor but just something for the life of me can't track down (or others) yet. I only got one test drive under boost,about 5-8 lbs before i tried the salolom test an that was that, The Car rides out Great!!

Have you tried unplugging the fan and seeing if it dies without the fan connected. Of course you will need another fan to circulate the air for cooling

David

Have you tried unplugging the fan and seeing if it dies without the fan connected. Of course you will need another fan to circulate the air for cooling

David

That'll be on the list today, plus where it's actualy wired into. I'm not possitive it's fan draw yet, but it's in that time frame.

That'll be on the list today, plus where it's actualy wired into. I'm not possitive it's fan draw yet, but it's in that time frame.

No, what you want to do is set the fan temp in the XFI to something higher than normal, and test again. If the car is moving you shouldn't have any temperature issues and it would be a good test.

You bought the XFI because it was tunable, so "get in there"......

Swapping out the interface harness would be my next test. and unplugging the fans will most likely not work as the wiring issue is probably between the relays and the interface.

B

The Car is Fixed !!!

I'm not bashing anyone,sheet happens on brand new total build,i had thought it had to be something simple becuase the car ran to good before the restore job, But...
(((The Alky power got ran into the Foamy glove box harness connector,an was loose..Little warmth it was shorting out Taking the Map sensor out with it,Bad Juilo,Bad!))). With nothing done to the car yet,just hooked in an logging,when the "Issue" happened, the Spark fell off. That's the only sign of trouble logging. After alot of swapping around,moving the Map in the car,re-wiring an connectors replacement, the Cars Perfect now less a Dyno tune. No More 5-10 minute Stalls, I'm Good To Go!!!

Thank you Cal an Holly Hartline !!! (ring you all for the Super Tune after breaking it in,Gently)

Before, an the ""Green Goblin Wire""" !!!! (one shake of the connector, Motor Stalls)
IMG_3545.JPG

After the re-connections....
IMG_3546.JPG

The unstoppiable double team...(Cal,Holly)
IMG_3543.JPG

The Car is Fixed !!!

I'm not bashing anyone,sheet happens on brand new total build,i had thought it had to be something simple becuase the car ran to good before the restore job, But...
(((The Alky power got ran into the Foamy glove box harness connector,an was loose..Little warmth it was shorting out Taking the Map sensor out with it,Bad Juilo,Bad!))). With nothing done to the car yet,just hooked in an logging,when the "Issue" happened, the Spark fell off. That's the only sign of trouble logging. After alot of swapping around,moving the Map in the car,re-wiring an connectors replacement, the Cars Perfect now less a Dyno tune. No More 5-10 minute Stalls, I'm Good To Go!!!

Thank you Cal an Holly Hartline !!! (ring you all for the Super Tune after breaking it in,Gently)

Before, an the ""Green Goblin Wire""" !!!! (one shake of the connector, Motor Stalls)
View attachment 181436
After the re-connections....
View attachment 181437
The unstoppiable double team...(Cal,Holly)
View attachment 181438

So it was a map sensor issue then.

I never did any wiring behind the passenger dash of that car. ;) The stuff I did was under the dash and under the hood :(

Who put the XFI in?..

So it was a map sensor issue then.

I never did any wiring behind the passenger dash of that car. ;) The stuff I did was under the dash and under the hood :(

Who put the XFI in?..
I didn't think i saw you in the glovebox, but i got there late that day. Another Ford place put it in origianly.(Lamotta's) plus what ever happened on this restore. No blame About..I'm just glad we all found the problem area.It's Diffently It. we duplicated it many times, Now we can't stop the car, it won't die now no matter how hard the wirings shook...It's Fixed Hooray!!!

could that be why you blew up at the 1/8th mile?
from all my investigation on that mess, i guess it could of been one of the thousand causes on that build/effort. KDK wired the Alky from the get go, Lamotta wired the XFI after that.

HelloBozos said:
from all my investigation on that mess, i guess it could of been one of the thousand causes on that build/effort. KDK wired the Alky from the get go, Lamotta wired the XFI after that.

Well, if the wiring was taking out the map sensor that would turn the Alky off

Well, if the wiring was taking out the map sensor that would turn the Alky off
I never had the stall issue before,or stumbling,only the 100mph fall-over in power, but your right, i guess it not being total wired right it could lose power an loose pump pressure at WOT. Thats the thing with buicks, All the Add-on's equal more hassles.I'm loosen as many as i can now.