Nasty lil Gremlin

Everything's been checked senor wize,balencer,wiring,ign/coils, even bought new crank sensor, made sure the gap was correct (.023 i think it was,got it wrote down somewhere),Bought new capsers splice connector for it,all the wiring's been sodered an heat shrink tubed...If this different xfi box don't fix it by Fri., it has to be a harness grounding issues.The tunes are Cals so there shouldn't be an issue there.If he couldn't tune this issue out, i surly won't be able.The car runs Great,no missing,no backfires, smooth as silk, then... Zap...., nothing....,then backfires,spits an sputters if you try to Immediately re-start it. If wait it out, back to normal again...Odd!!!

HelloBozos said:
Got fuel, when it happens i got erratic spark, got compression, Holly's sent me an extra XFI box to try again.Get's here tomorrow. I can get " something" to happen, but it's not Correct...

What happens? It backfires? Kicks back? Farts? Quiefs? Grins and smiles thinking it's owner is crazy? How do you know the spark is erratic?

What happens? It backfires? Kicks back? Farts? Quiefs? Grins and smiles thinking it's owner is crazy? How do you know the spark is erratic?

From Exactly what you just said........., The Singing (Running on all 6 correctly!!) stops abruptly, then the Ugly Fat Lady Farts an all what you just said, is all you get......,But if you let the car sit,Back to the First Verse...LOL. Cals seen it, Julio's seen it,F.A.S.T hasn't tested for it yet...It's an Anomaly

LMAO>>>>>>
The correct spelling is queef...that was priceless Bison !! Came close to spitting bourbon & Coke on my laptop...

Bryan

Still sounds like a module problem.

I have casper's tester now an Hwystars is standing by for my order of there tested unit. ( i ordered it 2 weeks ago, but the pay pal fooked-up)

It sure dose sound,feel (i hadn't grabbed it yet actually by hand right after for heat but..that's probably pointless.),act like Ign. mod,but how many replacements will it take, when now it's acting like the one i had to start off with that 'was' fine before....I will Find the Problem,I'm ready for the Road....This is the only thing stopping the car...

Tell me about it..It's got 'Everyone' at a loss...I have brand new stainless factory type lines up front,no kinks in rubber section,(fuel pumps single reds)The programs Cal tuned in the seat the last time it stalled,so that's not it. It's an Ign, Stall without the possibility of a restart, Fuel's good,solid 45psi (vac. hooked up) on the rail gauge,Volts ( i think,but i'll be running that down next,brand new rebuilt 210amp alt.) are ok, because everything else works but the Ign. when it happens.The battery's in the truck now, so i could be missing a wire to it that when it was in the stock location got moved in the restore job...I'm still hunting.I'm busy till Thurs,(girlfreind got pulled over for 07' sticker 3 weeks ago,8^/,time go to court) then i'm up to the shop/on the phone/bugging Cal...(like your build by the way!, i like people that try different things,or get things to work that shouldn't)
Forgot i took plug photo already...brand new ngk-r's ur5's or 4's, thought i went to 5's now
View attachment 180629

If spark was going away, the plugs would be wet.

The carbon deposits (soot) indicate over rich but still firing.

Have you tried a different map sensor?

Rick

If spark was going away, the plugs would be wet.

The carbon deposits (soot) indicate over rich but still firing.

Have you tried a different map sensor?

Rick

Correct on the plugs....Yes, on my second 3 bar map. I should know the results of the XFI swap-out soon. If that's not it, It's time to order brand new harness I'm guessing,or at least re-wire job somewhere.

It's not the XFI box, the loaner came in (Thanks Holly) got hooked up, same thing!!! Run an stall, It looks as if when the Fans are to come on, i loose the XFI's operations in the Ign. Running through all wiring again...I'll post any findings.

Just left the car, the Mech there has thrown in the towel!!!...He has no idea why the car will run perfect then die consonantly after warming-up.Cal's out of town for another week so the car sit's...there's nothing to log,or watching the XFI's LEDs are no help,when this Problem happens, It's Just there, Zap, no Ign. Has to be in the wiring somewhere,but Where....If i find the cause i'll most defiantly post...(If anyone thinks they can come solve the issue, Please let me know!)

I have had water temp sensor do the same thing , be here 1 minute and after heat up to a certain level and bam , let it cool and crank fine like nothin ever happened . Just a shot in the dark though .

I have had water temp sensor do the same thing , be here 1 minute and after heat up to a certain level and bam , let it cool and crank fine like nothin ever happened . Just a shot in the dark though .

Thanks, i heard of that being a type of cause to, I have bought F.A.S.T's complete sensor package,an Caspers crank sensor an connector wire splice, A new Temp sensor came with the F.A.S.T kit, (unless it brand new an bad like the ign. mods can be)

I will be back in Florida next week and will get with you. Don't buy any more stuff until I can look it over.

I will be back in Florida next week and will get with you. Don't buy any more stuff until I can look it over.

Roger,Read you, I'm going to research some simple idea's (fuse box,ign. switch,relay's somewhere) till you can get back to it, Lue's Gave Up,He's done...8^(

All 3 coil packs/ign. mod's i have are good,(Caspers ccci tester tested for 40min.), Fuel pressures perfect,(full fuel pressure check,venting,wiring). no falling volts,The motor even did the Immediate stall at 2500rpm...(was held at rpms till the issue ) Now we'er looking into the Casper Adaptor box for the XFI conversion. I'll be bringing the "" infamous """ stock/mod quad air ecm with extender chip for my 72lbs i still have as back-up last resort try.Hope to know more tomorrow. This car don't have to go 10's straight out of this shop, but it does have to run longer then 10 minutes total.. (3 more wiring diagrams i found below,I need a Tron unit!!!)

ecm1.jpg
regal_ecm2 save.jpg
wire1.jpg