Nasty lil Gremlin

All 3 coil packs/ign. mod's i have are good,(Caspers ccci tester tested for 40min.), Fuel pressures perfect,(full fuel pressure check,venting,wiring). no falling volts,The motor even did the Immediate stall at 2500rpm...(was held at rpms till the issue ) Now we'er looking into the Casper Adaptor box for the XFI conversion. I'll be bringing the "" infamous """ stock/mod quad air ecm with extender chip for my 72lbs i still have as back-up last resort try.Hope to know more tomorrow. This car don't have to go 10's straight out of this shop, but it does have to run longer then 10 minutes total.. (3 more wiring diagrams i found below,I need a Tron unit!!!)

So, did you post the log of it happening? (I didn't see it)

For sure, plug in the stock ECM, you can even run it without the MAF connected just to see if its going to stall.

Bob

So, did you post the log of it happening? (I didn't see it)

For sure, plug in the stock ECM, you can even run it without the MAF connected just to see if its going to stall.

Bob
How much for an how soon could you program a TTSD chip for QuadAir mod stock style ecm? Need a chip for 72lbs,persion gt-71,93/duel alky, gn1 head stroker 109,with 3500 stall,218 roller cam? (wouldn't mind having it for back-up)

You need to contact Eric Marshall for that. I'm sure he could set you up.

Bob

But for diagnostic purposes, you don't need to buy more stuff, just plug in some stuff you already have.

Bob

Stick with one thing. Since you spent the $$$ on the xfi you might as well go with that.

For is to help we need a log file. Key on engine off start logging. Run it till it dies. Post up the log.

agreed, the ecm swap idea was a diagnostic tool. Although I'm a stock ECM guy myself.

Bob

No toe issues...... just trying to help.

But, a good log, at high frame rate would help. Was a log posted?

The abrupt cutoff is odd, if its temp related, like the fan output is crosswired to the cranksensor.... poking around in a log, and fiddling with the tune (like raising the fan temp) might help find it.

B

I've been following this thread since day one. The suspense is killing me!

It's great to see the massive amount of help from all the knowledgeable people on here.

Really, this is the first page I go to when I log on.

D

If it uses the factory ECM connectors and wiring harness you can always check behind the glove box for this connector which is off the ECM/IGN fuse and is needed for stock ECM power and also powers the module electronics MAF and ESC I think.

It is a pink/blk stripe wire in cavity F, one side is a fatter wire than the other side and both sides of the connector are the same color.

It's right behind the glove box and wrapped in foam you can't miss it, worth a wiggle and dumping whatever is in the glove box on the passenger floor. :p

20130112_123157_zpsada4bf5b.jpg

You can see clearly where I had to bypass my connector and I put the electrical tape over the heat shrink tube and soldered splice.

20130112_123045_zpsd0c8b946.jpg

You need to contact Eric Marshall for that. I'm sure he could set you up.

Bob

Ok, thanks,I thought you did them to,my bad
But for diagnostic purposes, you don't need to buy more stuff, just plug in some stuff you already have.

Bob
That's what i've been doing, unless i didn't have a spare to add. Only bought 2 other Coil/Packs Ign. mod's (to eliminate the getting a bad one from the get go, but i got Casper CCCI tester now to Make Sure) plus i bought one complete F.A.S.T. sensor package.The only thing an about now. i Mean Only thing, i haven't swap/tried is the Caspers adapter box/connectors hope for Cal to bring a set to see next.

Stick with one thing. Since you spent the $$$ on the xfi you might as well go with that.

For is to help we need a log file. Key on engine off start logging. Run it till it dies. Post up the log.

Staying XFI route, I'm so out of the chip route nowadays,just might try the stcok ECM to see if it runs longer then 10 min at a time.There nothing to log,Julio an Cal both been in the seat hooked up when it happens. (plus i haven't got that far in proficient learning to hook 'My' lap-top up an give it a try,worried about corrupting the Box to much) If there was something to log, or would show-up,i'd be chasing that down. It's an uncoded,un-seen fail,most likely just short somewhere.

what kind of fuel pump(s) are you running? harness?

XPR1 (red's 340) hotwired (for now.it's over 5 years old, but has only seen less then 4000miles use), was volt boosted, but in this mess i choose to loose it completely ,so no more voltboosting. Looking to go racetroix duel 340's next.

screw it mang, lets drop a carburator on it. i will donate the intake, carb and dizzy....

The car, when it is running is badarse, the rev's it can obtain with the stroker an xfi ign. are Fast!!! I just have to find this eletricail bug, an it's on the road for good.

If it uses the factory ECM connectors and wiring harness you can always check behind the glove box for this connector which is off the ECM/IGN fuse and is needed for stock ECM power and also powers the module electronics MAF and ESC I think.

It is a pink/blk stripe wire in cavity F, one side is a fatter wire than the other side and both sides of the connector are the same color.

It's right behind the glove box and wrapped in foam you can't miss it, worth a wiggle and dumping whatever is in the glove box on the passenger floor. :p

20130112_123157_zpsada4bf5b.jpg

You can see clearly where I had to bypass my connector and I put the electrical tape over the heat shrink tube and soldered splice.

20130112_123045_zpsd0c8b946.jpg

Thats 1/2 the problem finding this bug, my car was stripped down for the paint job an new dash, everything came out, But,when it came time to put it all back in, the people doing it got lost...lol My XFI's now in my Glove box,Thanks for the photo's,it'll be looked at.

I'm betting on the caspers box/harness, the fan output crosswired to something vital (5v sensor power, something related to the MAP or RPM inputs, etc.)

A dying fuel pump would cause a bunch misfiring as the fuel pressure fell.

Bob

TurboBob said:
I'm betting on the caspers box/harness, the fan output crosswired to something vital (5v sensor power, something related to the MAP or RPM inputs, etc.)

A dying fuel pump would cause a bunch misfiring as the fuel pressure fell.

Bob

Easy fix for you bob! :)

I've seen adapter harness fail.

Cal and Julio know there stuff but without postin data your just going to get people throwing you everything under the sun.

Waiting on Cal. He said he was going to make it to the car today with differant Casper Box.

I've seen adapter harness fail.

Cal and Julio know there stuff but without postin data your just going to get people throwing you everything under the sun.

Can you post a log of the harness fail you've seen? the only engine service light code thrown out where ccci issues. But i now know for sure there good,so it's in the communication to the ccci instead. It the only thing that hasn't been tried now.