My latest runs on my White T-type

ttypewhite

3 weeks ago I went up on a event day to test the car out. it ran:
1.45 sixty foot
116.34mph in the 8th
9.42 @ 147.90mph

Yesterday I went back up to the track on a rental day and tried it again. Still having trouble getting a good sixty foot. First pass I tried to launch at 10psi of the transbrake and unloaded the tires
2nd pass I launched at 4psi, bogged the car, then it took off.

Timeslip below: 9.40 @ 154mph.
IMG-20121017-00434.jpg

Your car is hauling ass out the back. Is the boost higher in 3rd?

No, the boost was very steady throughout the run. Still using a manual bleeder valve. Probably because it was really rich. Air fuel was at 10.44 to 10.50. The car seems to like it there. Going to sort out my AMS500 over the winter and ramp the boost in properly to get my 60's down so I can 330 the car harder.

Nice vids! It's funny in the 9.42 vid the other car runs 10.50 and is so loud you can hardly think, yet a low 9 second car just purrs down the track. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

With that MPH it has an 8 in it, if you could just ramp the boost in better and 60' the car look out.............Looks like I'm wasting my time with my junk, DLS is the way to go!

Nice job. Have you tried footbraking the car? I have yet to use my trans brake, too afraid of breaking the ring gear. I would try foot braking and a set of 275/60 MT Pro Radials. What do you have for suspension/shocks?

Nice job. Have you tried footbraking the car? I have yet to use my trans brake, too afraid of breaking the ring gear. I would try foot braking and a set of 275/60 MT Pro Radials. What do you have for suspension/shocks?

Mike;s done that before, and probably do it again, until he goes something stronger. Glad I;m covered in that area:)

Thanks guys. I have not tried to foot brake the car since I put this 4.1 engine in. The funniest thing is, I was going to bring my drag radials, but it was raining like crazy when I was loading up the car on the trailer. I actually thought the day was going to be a wash. But I took the day off of work and was determined to see it through, even though my car has not seen rain in over 10 years. What a mess it was with the truck spraying the car up on the way there.
IMG-20121017-00423.jpg

IMG-20121017-00424.jpg

The new pro drag radials are supposed to be awesome, better than the Hoosiers. They are going on my 272" TA Limited. They are cheaper than the old MT radials too! My car works better with the Hoosier drag radials than it did with the Pheonix slicks. My 3 year old MT 325's didn't work well at all. The difference between my 9.24 pass and the 8.94 is drag radials and 26lbs of boost vs 25.2.
Your car is picking up alot in the last half, where are you shifting?

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. My rear end is, 30 spline Eaton carrier, Moser axles, LPW diff cover and axle brace kit, Bennett Adjustable uppers, Hotchkis lowers, Wolfe racecraft bar, C-clips and Lakewood 50/50 & 90/10's. I shift the car at 6600rpm in 1st, 6400rpm going into 3rd and I got off the gas at 6800rpm through the traps. Shifts dropped 900rpm. Tire is a 28"x10.5" MT slick. I was gonna order 28"x10.5" stiff wall MT slick.

Nice times... your stuff is really coming along.. whatever happened to the two tone car?

Didn't your dad have a two tone twin car?

Get rid of the 90/10's in the front. I have Comp 3 ways. I tried the 90/10 with my old 109 set up, came up too quickly. I had them at 80/20 with this set up, now they are at 60/40. 90/10 is way to quick especially for your power with a trans brake.
What blade number is your PTC? I am looking to go with a 4276. I have a set of GN1R's and a solid roller suited for a 4 bolt turbo I am thinking about installing this winter, but I want to hit 8.7's with the 3 bolt.

I plan on doing the suspension along with the brakes over the winter. Looking at some dual adjustable shocks. I am not sure what blade # is in the converter. I just gave Dusty my specs and he spec'd it like the TSL guys.