Crappy day at the track

ttypewhite

Loaded up the truck and trailer to make my usual last outings of the year.

The track had zero prep as all the events for the year are done and so is the VHT. I was starting to unload the car off the trailer and another racer said your wasting your time the traction is bad. I didn't drive that distance to take someones word, so I unloaded the car and made some passes. I have been picking Dusty's brain about the struts and tires I had from last year that did me no justice. So with his recommendations I made some changes. Don't know how much data you can get from a bad track, but if you see something here Dusty, let me know. I bought a new pair of MT stiff wall 28x10.5" slicks and put in some Acfo DA front struts.

First pass, launched at 7psi and blew away the tires (tire pressure at 12psi)

2nd pass, I took power out of the car and ran 26psi (tire pressure at 10psi). Launched at 5psi and did the same thing, so I lifted and pinned it again, short shifted 1st to 2nd, pulled 3rd and ran out of gear by before the et line and backed off the gas. Believe it or not that was my best sixty foot of the day.

That's total BS..... Open with ZERO track prep?? How ignorant can a track be. Like going to a steakhouse and their all out of steak:mad:

That's total BS..... Open with ZERO track prep?? How ignorant can a track be. Like going to a steakhouse and their all out of steak:mad:

Exactly! Thats like going to Olive garden and they dont have any Olives:D .. You seen that one yet? Youtube popeyes out of chicken.

Looks like you got extra treatment with the mopping. Never mind your tires cooling off.o_O

Lakewood 50/50 in the rear, Hotchkis lowers, adjustable uppers, stock rear with 30 spline Eaton, C-clips, LPW diff cover and axle brace kit, stock springs, 3.42 gear and a 28" tire

9s on abad track with that short time is very impressive!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mike, I have been trying to get you to come to Norwalk for years now.. You ready yet? :D

I think bottom 9's/high 8's are in the cards there no problem with your current tune up!

Mike, I have been trying to get you to come to Norwalk for years now.. You ready yet? :D

I think bottom 9's/high 8's are in the cards there no problem with your current tune up!

Lol, Looks like i do everything late. Goes to show you, even when you think you have everything in place to finally extract the most out of the car....... something else out of your control kicks you in the butt and puts a hold on things. Very humbling/deflating to say the least. Brian, I just might take you up on that offer next year, this year I think my cards have folded. Good thing is, she alive and kicking still and hasn't skipped a beat.

Loaded up the truck and trailer to make my usual last outings of the year.

The track had zero prep as all the events for the year are done and so is the VHT. I was starting to unload the car off the trailer and another racer said your wasting your time the traction is bad. I didn't drive that distance to take someones word, so I unloaded the car and made some passes. I have been picking Dusty's brain about the struts and tires I had from last year that did me no justice. So with his recommendations I made some changes. Don't know how much data you can get from a bad track, but if you see something here Dusty, let me know. I bought a new pair of MT stiff wall 28x10.5" slicks and put in some Acfo DA front struts.

First pass, launched at 7psi and blew away the tires (tire pressure at 12psi)

2nd pass, I took power out of the car and ran 26psi (tire pressure at 10psi). Launched at 5psi and did the same thing, so I lifted and pinned it again, short shifted 1st to 2nd, pulled 3rd and ran out of gear by before the et line and backed off the gas. Believe it or not that was my best sixty foot of the day.

LOVE this car, next time ( in the spring ) post up when you are going to Toronto Motorsport Park. I would love to see it run. Dave.