Low 11's on pump gas

toomanymodz

I decided to make the 4 hour round-trip to the drag strip today. Made the trek with the cruise control set at 70 and tunes playing. Got there, paid and went straight to the staging lanes. We almost thought it was going to rain since there were some dark clouds nearby. Temperature was about 85 degrees, which is pretty warm for March.

First pass, boost was set at 18psi. 5psi launch:
60 foot: 1.573
330: 4.526
1/8: 7.096 at 95.14 MPH
1/4: 11.247 at 117.86 MPH

Next I put the boost up a notch to 19psi. 4psi launch:
60 foot: 1.606
330: 4.534
1/8: 7.077 at 96.24 MPH
1/4: 11.180 at 119.30 MPH

I couldn't do much more than a 4psi launch otherwise the Mickey Thompsons would go up in smoke. All passes were through the exhaust, on 93 octane, no alky. Shift points were around 5300 RPM. One interesting thing I noticed was that when the RPMs went past around 4900, the boost would drop a couple of psi.

My final pass, my drivers seat broke and I fell backwards. I pulled myself forward again with the steering wheel. I didn't realize I pulled the shifter down to 1st gear until I heard the RPMs getting high and the car stopped pulling. I let up, shifted into second and saw that my 'competition' was still behind me so I smashed the go pedal again and still finished a respectable 11.81 at 116.5 MPH. What a crazy day it was! Now I need a new seat, or maybe I can remove the upholstery and have it welded.

I broke my seat on the street once lol must have been fun at the track!

Yeah, when the seat broke it sure surprised me! I'm really satisfied with the posted times, although I was hoping the MPH would of been in the mid 120's. The exhaust might have been a factor. With slicks I can launch this car at 10 psi. So with 1.4x short times, open exhaust, it's definitely in the high 10's on pump gas. Add alky then it's mid 10's. Woohoo!

Are you running a chip, XFI, ACCEL, or FAST!!! What your set-Up?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Stock ECM, TurboTweak 6.0 chip (has wide-band correction), stock MAF sensor. Nothin fancy.

Really..... I would like to talk to you about your tune sometime. Maybe this weekend? If cool, PM me your number and I will call!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

That sounds like my luck...only differance is i would of hit the wall when the seat broke. Congrats on the times!

Nice!!!!! :D 470 HP on pump is freaking awsome! I'm going out on the same boost settings tommorow, just going to start spraying alky for safety. Looking to net those types of et's. How much timing and what was the target AFR if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, the intercooler is special. I do believe it was made for Walt Judy's car and my car's previous owner acquired it. With my previous combo I was able to run 21# boost with zero knock.

87we4boosted: Timing on the chip is 18/20 I believe. Target A/F is 11.4 in 1st/2nd gear, and I slightly fatten it up to 11.2 in 3rd. Post your results..I'll be curious.

Damn that thing 60 fts well for low boost launches. Nice times. I recently went 11.39@122 with a similar combo. 22 psi though. But only a 1.8 foot.

Yeah, the intercooler is special. I do believe it was made for Walt Judy's car and my car's previous owner acquired it. With my previous combo I was able to run 21# boost with zero knock.

87we4boosted: Timing on the chip is 18/20 I believe. Target A/F is 11.4 in 1st/2nd gear, and I slightly fatten it up to 11.2 in 3rd. Post your results..I'll be curious.
Thanks for the reply! We didn't get a chance to go this weekend due to rain :mad:. We'll be going next Saturday if weather permits.

Damn that thing 60 fts well for low boost launches. Nice times. I recently went 11.39@122 with a similar combo. 22 psi though. But only a 1.8 foot.
The car does pretty well with the little Mickey Thompson 255/60-15 drag radials, but they do have their limits. On slicks I could probably pull some 1.4x short times.

I like your MPH. That was close to what I was shooting for. 22psi on pump gas?

Nice numbers. 1/8-1/4 mph is low pull some fuel.
I was running 11.2/1 on the wide-band. Next time I'll see what 11.4 will do. My O2's were in the 750's at the end of the 1/4 mile (not that narrow-band is accurate, but I'd be nervous going too much lower). Who knows when I'll make it to the track again though. It's a 4 hour round-trip and I drive it, and hot Florida days are almost here already. I need dual fans before I go again.

I was running 11.2/1 on the wide-band. Next time I'll see what 11.4 will do. My O2's were in the 750's at the end of the 1/4 mile (not that narrow-band is accurate, but I'd be nervous going too much lower). Who knows when I'll make it to the track again though. It's a 4 hour round-trip and I drive it, and hot Florida days are almost here already. I need dual fans before I go again.

Your narrowband could read 780's with the same AFR on a different day. Just ignore it. I've seen 720's on a 11.0 AFR so it really doesn't matter.

The car does pretty well with the little Mickey Thompson 255/60-15 drag radials, but they do have their limits. On slicks I could probably pull some 1.4x short times.

I like your MPH. That was close to what I was shooting for. 22psi on pump gas?

No. I had a some 100 in the tank, and was using Meth injection, although only barely turned on. Air was good that day, and the car was little leaner then I liked. Also had some knock, although I suspect it was false. I need lots more seat time, but was basically ask to leave after one pass.(no cage) You combo with aluminum heads and a front mount will do much better with the pumps gas, then my irons heads/PTE SLIC will do.

Those Mickeys should easily get you 1.4's. I have been 1.48 with a mustang I had, leaving of the trans-brake, with 275/60/15 mickeys.(the mustang had a buick motor in it) How much air are you running in the the mickeys cold? What is the rest of the suspension set-up?