Low 11's on pump gas

20 lbs tire pressure. I can't recall exactly the pressure in the air bags, but I believe it was around 8 psi drivers and 12 in the passenger-side bag. Stock boxed uppers and lowers. Hotchkis rear bar, no front bar. 90/10 drag shocks on the front. Unknown shocks on the rear. I haven't installed Moser axles or rear girdle yet, so I don't want to get crazy with the 60 foot times. The top-end MPH is the thing I'd like to improve on. I have great coupling in the converter, less than 3% slip, so I'm good there. The tranny shifts a bit too early at around 5300. I had hoped it would be around 5600 rpm. I was pleased with the times, since it was the first time to the track with the new combo. Just wish I could of spent a little more time there tweaking.

20 lbs tire pressure. I can't recall exactly the pressure in the air bags, but I believe it was around 8 psi drivers and 12 in the passenger-side bag. Stock boxed uppers and lowers. Hotchkis rear bar, no front bar. 90/10 drag shocks on the front. Unknown shocks on the rear. I haven't installed Moser axles or rear girdle yet, so I don't want to get crazy with the 60 foot times. The top-end MPH is the thing I'd like to improve on. I have great coupling in the converter, less than 3% slip, so I'm good there. The tranny shifts a bit too early at around 5300. I had hoped it would be around 5600 rpm. I was pleased with the times, since it was the first time to the track with the new combo. Just wish I could of spent a little more time there tweaking.

You are not to far off. Car picked up 23-24 mph on the big end. If you get 25+ mph, you are solid. Maybe lean it out and see what happens at the same boost level, etc..The PTC converter will be something I will be looking at soon, they are nice.

I decided to make the 4 hour round-trip to the drag strip today. Made the trek with the cruise control set at 70 and tunes playing. Got there, paid and went straight to the staging lanes. We almost thought it was going to rain since there were some dark clouds nearby. Temperature was about 85 degrees, which is pretty warm for March.

First pass, boost was set at 18psi. 5psi launch:
60 foot: 1.573
330: 4.526
1/8: 7.096 at 95.14 MPH
1/4: 11.247 at 117.86 MPH

Next I put the boost up a notch to 19psi. 4psi launch:
60 foot: 1.606
330: 4.534
1/8: 7.077 at 96.24 MPH
1/4: 11.180 at 119.30 MPH

I couldn't do much more than a 4psi launch otherwise the Mickey Thompsons would go up in smoke. All passes were through the exhaust, on 93 octane, no alky. Shift points were around 5300 RPM. One interesting thing I noticed was that when the RPMs went past around 4900, the boost would drop a couple of psi.

My final pass, my drivers seat broke and I fell backwards. I pulled myself forward again with the steering wheel. I didn't realize I pulled the shifter down to 1st gear until I heard the RPMs getting high and the car stopped pulling. I let up, shifted into second and saw that my 'competition' was still behind me so I smashed the go pedal again and still finished a respectable 11.81 at 116.5 MPH. What a crazy day it was! Now I need a new seat, or maybe I can remove the upholstery and have it welded.

You technically have a strong 9 sec motor combination detuned to run on lower octane fuel. I think the car is running what it should at your boost levels. Its a little soft past the 1/8 mile marker but that could be its leaning out as well.. The cam you have and heads are designed to be spun way higher.

Get the seat fixed and the little bs stuff. Awesome baseline runs. Then throw some octane(race gas, alky, etc) in there and start putting some boost to it. Low-mid 10's should come easy at your 60 ft level.

That's pretty good on 93 only. On my 250+ inch GN1 headed DLS/Cruz stroker with the old TT 5.6 chip I went a best of 11.6 on pump gas only. It went 12.0's at 10 psi boost with wastegate/boost controller problems. Once I switched to the TT6.0 setup I went alky at the same time so I never pushed it on pump only. I think 10's are possible on pump only with the right intercooler. I only have a CAS V4 SLIC so I probably couldn't go 10's on 93 alone, but maybe I could as I won't run out of fuel with 80# injectors and Weldon 1100. As we've seen with our cars, low to mid 11's are easily possible with a 9 sec build on 93 only. Good job!

Any updates? Since our combo's are very similar, I ran 19 psi boost last night and with a dash of alky 10.0-10.3 A/F I locked the converter and went 98.82 in the 1/8 and 125.05 in the 1/4 and only 21/20* timing. With pump gas only and cool air you should be able to go 10's eventually. Add some alky and it should be really easy.

That's a great MPH. 125 is my target. I'm waiting to buy a dual-fan kit now. It's getting warmer here in Florida and the stock fan isn't cutting it. I haven't had time to repair/replace my broken drivers seat yet either. Been busy with other things so it may be awhile before i make it to the track again. Still debating on whether to relocate the battery to the trunk and/or install a fiberglass hood to help with weight transfer. With slicks and a little more tuning, I think it can get into the 10's the way it sits. Of course I could always mix in a little 100 octane and up the boost to 22# and git'r done real quick. :)

I'm using the stock fan and Fbody radiator and I see 162-165F going down the interstate with the A/C on at 70-80mph and 170F at the track with the fan off while I make my run. Sitting in traffic with the A/C on its sits in the 178-180 range. I run straight water and water wetter or rmi25.

Edit- My SLIC vs your front mount would be the difference. If you go alky you an run a SLIC...

Not yet. Still waiting on my new 6466 CEA turbo. Once I have it dialed-in, and some dual electric fans, then I'll probably head back down to Bradenton.

If you don't mind me asking, why the change in Turbo? Is the 6466 rated more than the 6765? Or do you feel it will better compliment your combo? I haven't done any comparison or research on the two yet.:)

Thanks,

My torque converter is a pretty tight 3000 stall. Looking for a little quicker spool, plus the newest technology. When I put the combo together, I thought the 6265 was a little on the small side, and the 6765 was a little to big. I'm hoping the 6466 is just right.