My dream has FINALLY come true!

ksimpson87

87 Kevin
Got the turbo Buick I have been lusting for for 15 years. A white 1987 T-Type, GNX wheels, astro roof, and kenne bell intake. Glad to be a member, finally! This thing is so damn fast!!! I live in Southwest Michigan and hope to find other owners in the area to meet. One quick question: Does the stock 3.8L turbo'd motor need a higher octane than 87 for daily driving? Thanks!

Congrats!!! Premium gasolines is a necessity ESPECIALLY in the summer months unless you unhook the wastegate rod and stay out of the boost.. then you can run 87.... but what fun is that.... if you plan on keeping your engine together i would read, read, read.... lots of good info here and at www.gnnttype.org ..... also the search button is your friend.... CONGRATS AGAIN!!! ....:cool::D

ps - also we need pics and mods.....

congrats and welcome. i would always run 91 octane. fuel these days is crap

Congrats and welcome! BTW, you have one of my favorite color combos too! Post pics when you can.

Ohhh, no matter if you have 1 or 10 of these cars, true Turbo Buick Enthusiast will always lust over them. :smile:

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere. & welcome to the Darkside, too. 91 octane minimum, 93 octane minimum would be much better & safer

Saw this car yesterday pulling into the parking lot, and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Really nice!! Sweet color combo, GTA wheels, nice.... (sounded nice too, with the 'needs a new muffler')... ;) Kev, you seem like a great guy... check your PM and get ahold of me! :wink:

Welcome but just be aware your dream will quickly turn into a nightmare if you are using 87 octane! Read all you can here before hammering on your car.