Finally An 87 Grand National in my driveway

Just getting my parts list set.
Love the car, searching for a rear seat pan now
Looking to fix the little stuff that's wrong. Fix the floors and t top gaskets first a good cover then billstiens and springs. Should be a fun winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got started , there was some rot by the striker on the passenger side that's getting cut out and new metal welded this weekend. Might even get to the floor under the rear seat.
Ordered t top gaskets from GNS parts and hood emblems from kirban.

My goal for the winter is to first get the t tops not to leak anymore then get as much of the list done as possible
Billstiens
New springs
New body bushings
Better exhaust has flowmasters now
Spool fool bumper extensions done
Address oil leak done
Install my scan master
New tires
Spray the 1/4 trunk and fender
Then wet sand
Cut out passenger floor pan and weld in a replacement pan
Rear seat pan done cut out and welded Por15
Door jamb rot cut out welded pot 15 done
Install shoulder belts in the rear seat so the kids can safely come in the car.

After that the car should be a really nice driver

Last edited:
Hope to see it at Captree Sunday mornings

My Dad still lives in Levittown and when I'm down we head out to Captree whenever we can. He had a pearl C3 Vette and I brought my GTO a few times.
I haven't put enough miles on the GN for my peice of mind for a trip down to LI but when we go next time, I'll seek you guys out and introduce myself!

Great find, good luck with your winter projects Skunk!

Thnx I wonder if I've seen him around, I've been here 16 years
I'll definitely be making captree im easy to spot

Rear seat pan cut out new metal welded in and coated with Por15
Door striker area on the door jamb had rot all of it was cut out and new metal welded in

Next up:
Waiting on my t top weather striping from gbodyparts to arrive

Grabbed Napa gold oil filter #1036 long filter and gas filter. Valvolene vr1 and zddp plus hopefully getting the oil leak fixed this week

Last edited:
My oil leaks turned out to be the timing chain cover and valve cover gaskets. While apart found a double roller timing chain in excellent shape, and a broken tensioner. The double roller chain can't work with a tensioner, not designed that way explaining why it was broken. Encountered a brake problem taking it to my buddy's shop. Brakes went to the floor. Not cool. Stock system so it's not shocking was def scary though.
All the issues I've encountered so far are typical GN issues. Just waiting to get to the brake issue.
Once I get it back going to think long and hard about keeping it or selling it. I absolutely love the car but have two other never ending projects in my 69 and my turbo camaro so well see.

Oil leaks all fixed ( for now At least ) new brake proportioning valve new water pump new fuel filter plugs and oil and car has been converted to vacuum brakes and actually stops picking her up tomorrow.
If I have time hoping to get my spool fool rear bumper extensions on this weekend.