Finally An 87 Grand National in my driveway

TurboSkunk15

When I was kid I remember seeing these black cars all lined up at the local Buick dealer in Hicksville Ny Detto buick at the time. Since then I've wanted a GN. Never had the means. Over the years I've been involved in Camaros and various muscle cars never was able to et a GN.
I'm turning 40 soon and I've been looking for a GN for a while. Looked at stolen recoverys and messes nothing worth buying.
My wife had been sneaking behind my back to take out a loan to buy me a GN she was going to have my brother look for one. I sniffed it out but didn't take her serious. There was a an 87 GN on eBay and Craigslist here locally on the island. Kept my eye on it played phone tag a little while I scoured cl for every t type and GN that was for sale. Even started looking out of state have some friends in Michigan was considering a white t type and even one in texas. The seller of the GN wasn't the owner and at first I have to admit thought it was another GN with a story, but i kept check the auction and checking the cl ad everyday. So on the 4th in the rain I went and saw her. . Went home thought about it the wife said get it get it now it was meant to be. So after some haggling and im sure driving the guy a little nuts we came to what I think was a fair price. Good thing I figured out her plan she was ready to spend twice what i paid on one located in bkln.

Car needs some attention but nothing major I'm really happy with it. We don't have much time here and I'm doing my best to have no regrets, can't wait to start working on it with my sons. Car pulls really nice. Ill be on here for advice quite a bit

Thnx to Jackie my brother and wife :0)

1987 GN
Te 44
Kenne bell chip
Gnx rear brace
42 lb injectors
Terry houston down pipe

Last edited:
Great story! Kudos to your wife for being so understanding about your car dreams.

Excellent story and great family. Where are you on LI? I'm up in Holtsville fairly regularly, would love to get together (without my GN, I don't take it on business trips, just monkey business trips...).

Regards,
John

Had my car looked over by a friend. Being new to GNs I needed some answers.
Turns out there's a little more to my GN than I thought
A te 44 after market turbo or a 60 he said
42 lb injectors
Terry Houston down pipe
Rear seat braces

A nice surprise
Thnx v6sleeper emc

Great story. Funny thing is I remember that dealership too. I think it was on Old Country Rd. Went there with my dad who was looking for a new car at the time. I remember seeing like 20 GN's all in a line. Was an awesome sight and one that I never forgot. Was a toss up between a GN, TA, Camaro or Mustang. If I remember the GN was too expensive so we ended up with an 88 Mustang GT. I loved that car from when we got it when I was 14 until I decided to sell it in 2012 to get the car I always wanted, a GN. Anyway looks like an awesome car; good luck. Maybe see you around at the local shows

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Trom where are you located ? I was at Bellmore last night for a bit. Yes it was on old country road. Buildings still there but the dealerships been gone a while. It would be cool to get a picture of some Gns lined up in front of the building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in Melville. Unfortunately I work nights so no Bellmore for me. I will more than like likely be at Belmont tomorrow tho

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good for you, looks like a very nice car ! Thats a nice surprise with the upgrades. Also, that wife is a keeper ! Your a lucky man.

Great story man! Congrats. It's awesome the whole family is behind you. I'm just now trying to bring mine back to life after many years parked and the best part is all of my kids love hanging out in the garage trying to get dirty helping dad work on the "race car" Enjoy!

That's what it's all about , good luck hope to see pics when the project starts rolling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk