Mike Bamfords DLS powered turbo LSx project

P.S. the header guy is not interested in duplicating these headers without a car.

6.0 GM truck cast manifolds flipped forward are supposed to work just fine and are a budget alternative to having custom manifolds made. People are making over a 1000 whp with them.

6.0 GM truck cast manifolds flipped forward are supposed to work just fine and are a budget alternative to having custom manifolds made. People are making over a 1000 whp with them.

They don't work very well in a G-body. They work great in an F-body or a Mustang.

They don't work very well in a G-body. They work great in an F-body or a Mustang.

I am going to be doing it shortly and was going to use them is there a reason why? On ls1tech someone did it and said it fit fine. I can see no fitment issue on passenger side but the driver side might be close to the steering gear but I have not tried it myself. I have some good fabrication and body skills so I am not to worried if I need to run the drivers side facing back and passenger side facing forward like the turbo v6 hotside and do some notching on the passenger side body to have the downpipe I make clear.

I am going to be doing it shortly and was going to use them is there a reason why? On ls1tech someone did it and said it fit fine. I can see no fitment issue on passenger side but the driver side might be close to the steering gear but I have not tried it myself. I have some good fabrication and body skills so I am not to worried if I need to run the drivers side facing back and passenger side facing forward like the turbo v6 hotside and do some notching on the passenger side body to have the downpipe I make clear.

I thought those did not work in a regal chassis.
Maybe I am just getting old though.

Mike Brown, one of the "Ohio Boys" ran well into the 7's at #3400+ (Gen 4 Fbody) with the cast manifolds and Kurt Urban power . I heard there was a magazine write up on his car.

I've helped with a car that has gone 8.50's with them and it's a very mild combo. They work well in the Mustangs because the aftermarket k-members have so much room so you can install them facing forward and down. If you put them in a G-body they have to be installed facing forward and up. They hit the frame when facing downward. You can't beat them for the $$$ but if you don't like the look of them turned upside down you will have to buy headers from someone like Stainless works.

Mike Brown, one of the "Ohio Boys" ran well into the 7's at #3400+ (Gen 4 Fbody) with the cast manifolds and Kurt Urban power . I heard there was a magazine write up on his car.

I think he went 8.2s with the stock crank and block too.

what front coil springs are in the car? i have moroso 47130 in mine with an inch cut out and man o man does it sit on the tires think i should have just left them alone.

I think he went 8.2s with the stock crank and block too.

There are people running bone stock $500 longblock 5.3 bottom ends w/ 6.0 heads in the 8's using cast manifold turbo kits. Its pretty wild to consider this possible pre lsx.

Anybody think these would work if you cut the bottom flange off and went to vbands? They are almost set up just like the Ford ones, I can't figure out if the driver's side will clear the steering box though...

!CBC9WZgEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!m!Ez+zeJckCBNG!bOcQ7Q~~0_35.JPG

L10026R1.jpg

L10026R2.jpg

Anybody think these would work if you cut the bottom flange off and went to vbands? They are almost set up just like the Ford ones, I can't figure out if the driver's side will clear the steering box though...

!CBC9WZgEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!m!Ez+zeJckCBNG!bOcQ7Q~~0_35.JPG

L10026R1.jpg

L10026R2.jpg

pretty chinese headers

That's the route I am about to go. I don't want to use stainless for something that I want to drive a lot and for a long period of time, I don't trust stainless much :eek:

Ahh so this the reason why the guy never call me cuz you bought it. :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm about to order some FMS headers and fab them up on mine. If they work out ok I might make more sets, but only for people that are using similar motor mount setups.

I'm about to order some FMS headers and fab them up on mine. If they work out ok I might make more sets, but only for people that are using similar motor mount setups.

:D:D I will use whatever setup you want ,,i need headers..:D:D

:D:D I will use whatever setup you want ,,i need headers..:D:D

Thanks. I'll take a set

Let me make sure I am going to be successful at doing this before I make any promises, fellas. Right now I am using the conversion plates that BandAid showed me on eBay, and also the solid style SBC frame pads and motor mounts like this:

Small Block Chevy SBC Solid Motor Mount Kit 350 305 | eBay

but I had to cut 1/4 inch off of the motor mount to correct the geometry so the mounts would line up in the holes.

I'll get my Ford headers and flanges in and start working on them and make a decision from there whether or not I'll be able to fab up other sets. I am probably only going to do mild steel because I prefer it over stainless for both longevity, price, and it's easier for me to weld.

Other than that, I'll stop hijacking Bamford's build thread, I've already done that enough. Sorry about that :eek: