MFS 6265 turbo results 9.96@135.73 ***updated 9/19/2014***

Bison knows what it takes with heads, cam, turbo, converter, etc.... to make the engine as efficient as possible (just like an air pump, get the air in and get it out). I bet hes keeping the RPMs lower with a taller tire to keep the engine in its power band for an extended period of time. As soon as it goes into high gear and pulls the RPMs back then the little 231 REALLY goes to work with cylinder pressure... Alot of people seem to buzz the motor north of 6500 and if the setup is wrong all it does is put alot of unneeded stress on parts. This post has proven that bigger is not always better. Most people just assume that it is. There are people that have gone ALOT slower with ALOT bigger stuff... This is my opinion anyway

Bison knows what it takes with heads, cam, turbo, converter, etc.... to make the engine as efficient as possible (just like an air pump, get the air in and get it out). I bet hes keeping the RPMs lower with a taller tire to keep the engine in its power band for an extended period of time. As soon as it goes into high gear and pulls the RPMs back then the little 231 REALLY goes to work with cylinder pressure... Alot of people seem to buzz the motor north of 6500 and if the setup is wrong all it does is put alot of unneeded stress on parts. This post has proven that bigger is not always better. Most people just assume that it is. There are people that have gone ALOT slower with ALOT bigger stuff... This is my opinion anyway

Just have to pick on me dont you.......LOL

Bryan

Hell no!!! not at all sir....
HAHA
I really hope this rain stops so I can get some tuning done !!!!!!! car is running great, new boost controller, TR6 installed ready to rock !! Got to get her dialed in to smack JD in the 10.49 index.

Bryan

I try to keep my motor under 5k rpm. It pulls like a freight train at 4000 with the TC locked and north of 25psi. Combo is the key.

Clint you are dead on. This engine is strongest between 5100 and 5500. That's where it really cranks and that's where it spends all of it's time on a quarter pass. 1-2 and 2-3 shift are at 5500. It stays at 5100 for a few seconds in 3rd and once it recovers it gets to about 5600 in 3rd. It's pretty much a 500rpm span the entire quarter mile. Keeping the rpm down and having the timing accommodate the load is what gets these down the quarter mile and stay in one piece. In better air and or using a little more compressor and turbine it would go even quicker/ faster. Simply having the boost stay 27-28psi in 1st/2nd would have put the car in the 10.0 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison, what would you expect this combo to do with all things the same except good iron heads, 9-1cr, and E85?

Bison, what would you expect this combo to do with all things the same except good iron heads, 9-1cr, and E85?

If the turbo was all in and the air was good 9.8-9.9. Keep in mind this car has a stock suspension. There's at least .15 in e.t. reduction in better hook alone.

Very helpful thanks, I just wonder how much a PTE SLIC will choke it.....

If the turbo was all in and the air was good 9.8-9.9. Keep in mind this car has a stock suspension. There's at least .15 in e.t. reduction in better hook alone.

I forgot to mention maf and chip car. I like the simplicity over cost. Can you expect the same outcome or close to it, with out the use of an xfi?

I forgot to mention maf and chip car. I like the simplicity over cost. Can you expect the same outcome or close to it, with out the use of an xfi?

I wouldn't expect the same outcome with a stock ecu unless you have one of the more adjustable setups and a power logger. There's no where near the adjustability and the ability to adjust the timing as precisely as I can with the XFI. Basically the tables that I had in there were from the old iron head, 60-1 engine a few years back. Within a few wot blasts I was able to adjust everything and make full passes. If you have a standard chip you have to stay a little more conservative on the timing. All in all if you could keep everything equal there would be very little difference in performance

Very helpful thanks, I just wonder how much a PTE SLIC will choke it.....

I would say very little.. the mass of the actual PTE SLIC appears to be similar to their front mount which is what i run. The Alky is the big key to keeping the air temps down for better performance. If u spray too much it does nothing but oversaturate the air.... again the whole thing is all about knowing what the balance is to keep things happy. I would guess that the majority of engine failures are tune related and less mechanical related

I would say very little.. the mass of the actual PTE SLIC appears to be similar to their front mount which is what i run. The Alky is the big key to keeping the air temps down for better performance. If u spray too much it does nothing but oversaturate the air.... again the whole thing is all about knowing what the balance is to keep things happy. I would guess that the majority of engine failures are tune related and less mechanical related
Keeping rpm down will help with a stock location intercooler. Pressure drop would be the only thing to worry about with it.

Keeping rpm down will help with a stock location intercooler. Pressure drop would be the only thing to worry about with it.

Got to get message #1000 in.:)

This is another good thread for these cars and Brian does a great job of explaining and sharing his experience.

No rain predicated for Noble track Friday night, high temp is supposed to be low 80's and winds will be relatively calm. I'm comfortable with the cars performance so will head that way Friday afternoon. Haven't been there since last October and I'm anxious to see how it will run. Lots of changes have been made since then.:D

Phil Engle

-9.5" PTC (yes Rob Zombie I know there's better out there)

Thanks for the acknowledgement Brian. I'm glad you are finally coming around that there are other options out there.

I have felt the love from you and my life is now complete!!!

Mind sharing? :cool: