MFS 6265 turbo results 9.96@135.73 ***updated 9/19/2014***

It's great to see a vendor actually do a full test and prove it w data. It would be cool if you did this with all the turbos you offer. Most vendors know what it SHOULD do you are showing what it CAN do. Huge difference

Matching combo and matching tune, realm of the gods. Many of us keep trying to get there. Most don't.

Bison,

How much alky were you spraying on that run??
I didn't log pressure but probably most of what it will flow with a 15gph nozzle. I left the settings as delivered from razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much would iron heads hurt this timeslip?
I think I posted about that already in the time slip section. Probably 2-3psi more to hit the same mass flow. With no other changes.

I didn't log pressure but probably most of what it will flow with a 15gph nozzle. I left the settings as delivered from razor.

Ok, I was wondering if the settings were turned up in the pac box to deliver more alky...

Thanks!!

Ok, I was wondering if the settings were turned up in the pac box to deliver more alky...

Thanks!!
They usually hit full pressure before the map is maxed with the base settings and the map was very close to being at full output. The only way I was getting more alky was increasing the nozzle but more alky is a no no if it's not needed.

Went to LVD today with my slower car and made a couple hits on my car in between tuning and helping other racers. The following parts are involved:
-High mileage stock short block bearing insets and cam bearings replaced and clearance checked. Oil pump blueprinted. Factory rings. 8.3:1 CR Exact mileage unknown.
-XFI
-champion aluminum heads ported by Russ Merritt, RJC steel head gaskets
-intake with extra port work
-3312/3312 110LS off the shelf cam
-1.65 rockers
-MFS 6265 3 bolt .85 a/r. This turbo was built with the same wheels I use when anyone orders an MFS 6265 from me. They are aftermarket wheels and there is no trickery there or special one off wheels. They are not Garrett or any other "name brand" wheels.
-precision front mount
-PAC alky from razor
-3" internal gate dp
-TH 2.5" dual exhaust
-9.5" PTC (yes Rob Zombie I know there's better out there)
-200 4-R by me. Same one that's been in the car for 5 years
-stock factory 4 link with GM installed control arm bushings.
-8.5 rear with cover, eaton LS, and 31 spline axles
-chrome moly ds with u-joints updated.
-race weight 3600+

Boost was 25-26psi in 1st/2nd and jumped to 28psi in 3rd for a couple frames at flash stall and settled to 27-27.5psi through 5400 before falling to 26psi as it hit the traps. The turbo is pretty much all in. Timing was typical of my 93/alky tunes and was under 20* from the instant the turbo was spooled. Elevation was 1100' and there was a head wind. Drove the car to and from the drag strip over 90 miles each way. These results aren't from any special parts and could be duplicated fairly easily. Plenty of 9.5:1 strokers with more turbo running slower. This turbo has 9 sec potential at sea level with a 9:1 engine in a 3500 lb car.
10.236@132.27mph
9e9ede3e.jpg

Nice job Brian! Now I know what my car should run when I finally get the tune right and go to the track. What boost did you launch at to get that 60'?

5-6

Can you tell us a little more about an MFS turbo? This is my first time hearing about them.

The limit of what a single nozzle will do just keeps going up. Keep it up!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Billet 62mm inducer with 65mm ex wheel.

Well I kinda gathered that much by the 6265 ;)...More specific questions....What is this brand? Is it turbos by you? How do they compare to precision/turbonetics/borgwarner? Are they something new? BB, journal, or hybrid? More torque down low...or up high? Are you modifying the wheels at all?

Well I kinda gathered that much by the 6265 ;)...More specific questions....What is this brand? Is it turbos by you? How do they compare to precision/turbonetics/borgwarner? Are they something new? BB, journal, or hybrid? More torque down low...or up high? Are you modifying the wheels at all?
They are aftermarket wheels that I have selected for use in my turbos. The wheels are unaltered. Been around for a while. Journal bearing and could be used in a Garrett BB cartridge for extra $$$. I could put the wheels in other ball bearing cartridges if supplied but only guarantee them in a Garrett style. There is little advantage to ball bearing. The performance posted in this thread speaks for itself. Use it for comparison. The engines short block is stock crank, rods, and pistons. The rings are the ones GM installed almost 30 years ago. If i purpose built, ran at sea level, in really good air, etc I know I could shave off a few tenths or more. The purpose of this thread was to show the potential of these parts in a decent combo and that's what it does.

They are aftermarket wheels that I have selected for use in my turbos. The wheels are unaltered. Been around for a while. Journal bearing and could be used in a Garrett BB cartridge for extra $$$. I could put the wheels in other ball bearing cartridges if supplied but only guarantee them in a Garrett style. There is little advantage to ball bearing. The performance posted in this thread speaks for itself. Use it for comparison. The engines short block is stock crank, rods, and pistons. The rings are the ones GM installed almost 30 years ago. If i purpose built, ran at sea level, in really good air, etc I know I could shave off a few tenths or more. The purpose of this thread was to show the potential of these parts in a decent combo and that's what it does.

Great write up n bolt on build bison . bigger isn't always better , amazing what these lil motors can do with factory parts . Knowing how to tune them in is the key . That Buick is impressive .