many mods promised me 11's but running 14's!

their has to be some body in your area that can help you out with your tuning issues.hope you get it straighten out soon:smile:

When you adjust the amount of fuel in the chip how much do you add to start with and how do you know when youve added too much? Do you go mainly by 02 readings or by the numbers on your time slips? What about dyno tuning? If the car is tuned on the dyno you should have good results at the track provided the weather is good.On the day I went it was in the high 90s with very high humidity,I guess on a cool dry day I may have picked up a couple of tenths.I just bought a BGC stretched stock location intercooler to replace the stock unit on my car now,Im sure that will help,even with the alky I started getting a few degrees of knock after a couple of runs probably due to the intercooler getting heat soaked.Stock parts are good for stock cars but like any other kind of car if you want to go fast you have to spend $$$$$$$... This board is an excellent source of info and all of the members are very helpful with sharing their knowledge...Thanks..

87 GN TE-60,#60 motrons,TT chip,SMC alky,Pats 3200 stall,Dutt neck intercooler,Postons 3" DP,comp cams beehive springs,hotwired Walbro 340.Kenne Bell ram air set up..

That is a really nice set of rims!!! There are very few aftermarket wheels that look good on our cars but those are gorgeous.....

Aside from your stock downpipe and cat, what is the rest of your exhaust like? If it's stock then you got a big bottleneck there. You don't have to jump into a wideband immediately, you can use a Scanmaster to get you the O2 numbers for tuning as well as making sure other items are in proper adjustment. Loose the 20s for the track, they weigh a ton and don't offer good off the line traction. What's their diameter anyway? If they over 26" and your tune if off that's only going to hurt. 106 is good for high 12s with a half decent 60. Did you leave on boost?

If you're located in the Akron or Cleveland area's give me a PM, and I will set you up with a few contacts for help with the car.

K.

Bison, is there a good resource for the ideal tuning for the datalogger?

Badazz do you recommend any specific down pipe, I hear alot of guys cry about the chines made pipes.
I use a simple LM1 unit by Innovate motorsports on car that retain the stock ecm. Powerloggers are available from Full Throttle. I prefer the LM1 because it works on all cars with the exhaust bracket that holds the wideband sensor. I wouldnt worry about a dp until you get your other issues straightened out. Get a wideband setup. Dial in the combo then further modify. The dp is only worth about a tenth at your power level. You will gain the most from cat delete and cutout. The 3" dp is a small gain after that. When you want to get a dp check out RJC's site. He has the nicest ones around.

Somebody decided to put a larger turbo TE60 on the car and didnt change the transmission torque converter to a looser one. This is the first problem in making a 60 foot with any tire as the car is a dog.

It would have been faster on a stock turbo.

So.. since you changed the turbo.. now you need to change the stall converter to like a 2800. This will allow you to hold down the brakes, bring up the boost to 4-6 PSI at the starting line.. and leave with the engine making power. This will plant you in the seat of the car.. bring down the 60 foot.. and get a nicer ET. 12's then would be easy. 11's with a little work.

Hope this helps

Call Razor for an alky kit before you buy a dp. A lot more bang for the $ imo.

Here is my best run:

2.413 60'
6.110 330
9.027 1/8
13.63 1/4
106.08 mph

Traction was never an issue, as the car never spun the tires loose, and I will say any tips on leaving the starting line regardless of the wheel size would be appreciated.

Yes I am runnning the stock converter (catalytic) and I am assuming I should move over to a test pipe, would a 3" down pipe replace the stock converter too? I did search for a down pipe but it seems that they are hard to find...

As far as the data I am logging I have only been watching the knock sensor as I am not sure when I should be collecting the other data, for example the 7-800 O2 when should that be collected as it changes?

I am hoping to be at the buick horsepower nationals in Hebron, Ohio if anyone can help me tune the car.

MPH is there for mid 12's now. I ran 12.40's at 106 mph. The 60' will get it done

can always try these rims:biggrin:

Attachments

• dumb.jpg
    dumb.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 344
mcasteel that is cold...:) Razor I did change the stall on the converter to 2800, but I still feel as if I could use a little more. Red Armstrong told me to run 42lbs on the Fuel Pressure. I will be locating a Downpipe and Test pipe (do I need to do anything to trick my computer to prevent service engine light?)

mcasteel that is cold...:)

No... He could've posted the Video that's out there of that guy trying to do a burnout... and only being sucessful after coating the tires in armor all...:D :D :D

There's some love for ya here:tongue: :tongue:

(do I need to do anything to trick my computer to prevent service engine light?)

no... You'll be fine.

Get a power logger.. that'll tell you everything that's going on with the engine during the run.

That and Alky!!! best mods out there:biggrin:

mcasteel that is cold...:)

Sheesh multiple posts ripping your rims and I post a funny to make light of it and I get the...oh thats cold..LOL

I like your rims but not good for good times as you so quickly found out on here eh
Keep both sets..one set for pimpin around and the other for huntin on the weekends

Anyway keep reading and researching...IM running a TE61 and a tight 2800 and I could prolly use a 3000 stall

Good luck and plan smart

A 2.4 60ft without spinning means your cars a slug, a few things can be the cause.

It won't matter 3" or 3.5" as long as you get the test pipe/dump and open the dump. This will help spool that turbo so the tires will spin at the launch, then tuning will enhance spool up and a Manual Boost Controller will help a tad more.

Everyone else has given good advise, for the track, use those stock 15's and slap on a set of 275/60's and watch it start to leave the hole.

BTW, was it tuned initially by an Import tuner or not?

If you're only going to run them at the track just get a set of all out slicks. Why go drag radial if you're not in a class and you're not going to drive them on the street? Trust me, straight slicks are allot of fun.:cool:

The 2.4 60' time..... combined with the comment... it didn't spin at all.....

Let's start with the basics....

How do you launch the car..... step by step....??

If you can't pull 3-5 psi boost before the car leaves.... 60' times will suck....

3-5 psi launch ought to put you sub 1.80 60' times.....

I'm wondering if you are attempting to launch the car properly.... don't take this the wrong way.... I am just asking the dumb questions first....

106 mph is decent for mid 12's.... but IMHO should be more like 115+ if tuned properly....to get a shot at mid 11's...

IMHO... as other said... you got a mid 12 car now..... just get the 60 foot down...

A few changes (like a TT chip and Razor's alky kit)... and some tuning.... you will get that magical 11 sec slip.

Keep us posted.