many mods promised me 11's but running 14's!

lind12950

I just installed a TE-60, Precision Stock mount intercooler, Fuel Pressure regulator and am very displeased with my 14 second passes at 22lbs of boost on Cam 2 Race Fuel. I was told with these mods I should be in the 11 sec range, what am I doing wrong? I already have a fuel pump, ford blue tops, janis stage 1 at 2800 stall??? thanks!

Good lord something is badly badly wrong. You are either spinning really bad or you have a horrible converter.

Make sure all your piping is tight and not leaking boost because those times way off. what was your mph?

Lose the Reds chip and get a Thrasher 108 for Bluetops. Set the fuel pressure at 45 psi line off and don't touch it again.

Usually its a combination of variables holding you back. You need to eliminate variables.

People that play with fuel pressure are usually the ones that have your problem. It's sounds like you are pig rich.

If you gave Red the correct info on your new set up it's not the chip, Ive run high 11's with one of Red's chips a TE60 and a stock intercoller. With that turbo and a good intercoller your more likely to be too lean at WOT than "pig Rich" with blue top injectors. You need to have some way of monitoring your O2 numbers and knock retard to see where your tune is...without that info your going to be lost. Direct Scan or Powerlogger would be a good place to start.

Too bad the OP hasen't replied to any of this. We might be able to get a better handle on what his state of tune is, what scan tool he's using, what kind of driver he is, etc., etc.

Usually its a combination of variables holding you back. You need to eliminate variables.

What were you running before these mods? That's why I like to do one thing at a time. Helps eliminate variables!

I just installed a TE-60, Precision Stock mount intercooler, Fuel Pressure regulator and am very displeased with my 14 second passes at 22lbs of boost on Cam 2 Race Fuel. I was told with these mods I should be in the 11 sec range, what am I doing wrong? I already have a fuel pump, ford blue tops, janis stage 1 at 2800 stall??? thanks!

I added the same parts to my car last year. TE60, Precision stock. loc I/c, downpipe. At 22psi boost my car went from 12.60's @ 107mph to 11.30's @ 119mph. Something if definetly going on.

I am using a PGM tester (Vectronix) for datalogging. I am going to reset the fuel pressure, and yes BadAzz I did run the 20's but the car should run better than that! Just being honest about the wheels, car still has to look good going down the track:biggrin: Can I run the race fuel with my stock Catytic converter. when others are referring to converter are the talking about my trans converter? Car seems extremely doggish out of the gate. No knock though. I am located in Ohio and humidity was bad last night.

You are kidding yourself if you think your car is going to come out of the hole hard on some 20s. It might run ok up high, but if you launch hard, it will spin hard. If you don't stall it up, it might be a little laggy coming out of the gate.

Do you have your info on the timeslip where we can see it? Your 60ft and mph will really help us help you.

will post time slip later tonight. Most boost I can get is 22lbs, is that all I should be able to get? I have the actuator adjust as far as I can get it and get 20-22lbs.

Black Power love the video! THANK YOU!

Man, Just from what you're posting I can tell you that you are going at this 100% ALL wrong... First off 20s have no place on these cars, and if you ever try to resell it you might as well take 4-5,000 off your asking price before anyone will touch it. Not to mention that you are giving up nearly the equivalent of 50Hp just having them on the car...

the 20s are KILLING your 60ft because the stock gears are designed to work with stock-ish diameter wheels/tires (tire size mostly you can still get 26in 17s)...

Second, you obviously just "listened" to someone before actually doing any research on these cars and now you have shelled out a butt load of money and still have a slow car... You could have run 11s on the stock intercooler and turbo with the proper setup. I hate to tell you, but these cars do not respond to "bolt on" mods like NA cars... you have to re tune for everything... the tune is what makes the cars fast, not the parts.

third... we asked for a time slip. We cant tell you anything else beyond that...

My advice to you: Start at the bottom. Get a Scan master, get a Turbo Tweak Chip, make sure you have a good pump and it's hot wired, get rid of the stock exhaust and get a hooker system with a test pipe or very high flow cat, and you might as well get a 3in Down pipe while your at it... and lastly if you're going to the track ditch the 20s...

If you keep running at the track with the 20s you WILL shear an axle off and destroy your car... not to mention be slow.

And to add to all of Adam's perfectly valid points....

DO NOT USE RACE GAS WITH A CATALYTIC CONVERTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Wheel and tire combination is killing everything you put on the car. And they speak volumes about your knowledge of drag racing.
They might look good to you (and 6 other people on the planet) but they absolutely will kill any hope of running at the drag strip.
Hell, even 16's hurt performance. There's a LOT that most folks don't understand about tire construction and making them bite. That's why 15's with tall soft sidewalls work so much better.

You've got the parts to run low 11's, but you'll never see it.