Love it or hate it: its still awesome. 6 speed GN

my point

my point wasn't cutting up a nice car- there is nothing special about most of these cars. My point was wouldn't it have been easier to just start with one that already had the drive train yanked. You obviously like to work toooo much- and you are good at it. All you have really done is build what should be ultimately a reliable Grand National. like I said- love it!

i love people that cut into the GN's... makes the pure ones worth more!!! lol... I really like this LS though... it packs a punch you dont expect!!!! tons of room for mods and then some with all the aftermarket avail on those motors!!!

Awesome... now all you need is a aero window!!!! hahahahaha

John;)

Sweet! Did you ever put up the YouTube video? I'd love to hear it run.

Did those wheels and tires fit without rubbing without any mods?

D

because I had the Grand national already.

I actually hate it when people say "you shouldn't have hacked up that car, you should have sold it and got a clean regular regal!!!"

well, I wanted a 6 speed grand national. so I made one. the fact that it pissed some people off makes me SOOOOOO happy I did it.

nothing against you though.

Yep....I'm sure of it, I hate it. No excuse for chopping a perfectly good GN. If you wanted this kind of car you should have simply took a N/A car and built it. Ahh that's ok just makes mine worth a little more. But you did do some good fabbing. Credit where it is due.;)

Yep....I'm sure of it, I hate it. No excuse for chopping a perfectly good GN. If you wanted this kind of car you should have simply took a N/A car and built it. Ahh that's ok just makes mine worth a little more. But you did do some good fabbing. Credit where it is due.;)

Acutlaly, I had every excuse.

I had the car, the engine and the transmission. I wanted a 6 speed LS powered GRAND NATIONAL. Those are the only excuses I need because its MY CAR.

Thank you for the credit though, it was really fun hacking into this car with a sawzall and a grinder:wink:

Like you said dude, it is your car not mine.;)
some people actually fail to realize this. I had a guy at a car show this weekend get extremely pissed at me and started swearing at me because of what i had done to it... made an ass out of himself. but like you said, yours may be worth a little more now haha.;)

i cant believe that some people would actually get mad at someone for doing something to a car that they own when actually that other person has no say or difference at all!
When someone buys a car we all have our own reasons as far as use of the car or expectations and we all do our own mods, both performance wise and cosmetic, for it to suit our eye.... ITS HIS CAR... Stroker i give you serious props... you have a beautiful car and it shows some great craftsmanship

Pictures from when the motor came out and went back in 2 weeks ago...

6b65f137.jpg

cf711cef.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Acutlaly, I had every excuse.

I had the car, the engine and the transmission. I wanted a 6 speed LS powered GRAND NATIONAL. Those are the only excuses I need because its MY CAR.

Thank you for the credit though, it was really fun hacking into this car with a sawzall and a grinder:wink:

You do have to keep in mind that you are posting on TURBOBUICK.com and not LSTURBOBUICK.com - so you may get some negative feedback or comments from members. :rolleyes: What makes a Grand National a Grand National is the powertrain - without that it's just a Regal some would say. :cool: You are 100% right - it's your car and you do to it whatever makes you happy! Nice build man - hope you enjoy it.

why a 5.3 why not an ls2 ? Why 6 speed ? i have a 6 speed car i bought new just to have a vert with 6 speed not to race. Looks good but i would have done diff with power train

I think I'm more impressed with that bracket than anything else. That thing looked crazy difficult to fabricate. Nice work!

why a 5.3 why not an ls2 ? Why 6 speed ? i have a 6 speed car i bought new just to have a vert with 6 speed not to race. Looks good but i would have done diff with power train

Why not?

I'm planning on putting a 6 speed in mine once I get this engine built aswell. After looking at different trannys to use (standards), these seem to be one of the better choices.

A T5 is far too weak, I wouldn't want a 4 speed because I don't want my car screaming on the highway. You have a double overdrive so you can run more gear in your car without sacrificing ability to drive it on the highway, and these 6 speeds can handel a lot of torque.

Quick question for Stroker-Ace, is that a electronic overdrive on it? or is it an earlier one? Just out of curiosity.