Love it or hate it: its still awesome. 6 speed GN

Im really loving those wheels. Any info on em would be great along with tire size. Cheers to a great build.

Did you ever get the backspacing on the wheels front and rear? The car is wicked!! It is the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Awsome job! The purists will always have negative comments. I like the fact that you kept it turbocharged. Build what you like and drive the snot out of it!

About those wheels...
They look great and that's an unbelieveable price - there must be a catch. I've searched the net and I don't see those wheels offered with the correct backspacing for a G-body. Were you able to get them with custom backspacing or are you running some kind of spacer or adapers?

purpledrool.jpg

omg i love it! awesome work man! what tire size on the rear? rear backspacing?

..oh you also used the BRP LS1/T56 swap kit right? how you drilled/bolt the crossmember into the frame? look I'm kinda confused with mine:

brpt56.jpg

I still don't have the motor here to mock up how it works and the instructions are not helpful...

OK...seems like many are asking with no response from OP so let me throw this in here...according to the website, these wheels were 18x8.5 and 18x10.
Both having a 25mm offset.

So, front.....take 8.5 and add 1 inch. now take 9.5 and divide by 2. now take 4.75 and add the offset of 25mm which converts to about 1 inch and POOF!!
Front is 5.75 backspacing.

Lets plug the numbers into the rears

rear.... take 10 and add 1. now take 11 and divide by 2..now take 5.5 and add the offser of 25mm or 1 inch and again.
Rear is 6.5 backspacing

As far as tires go, a good fitting tire for the front would be a 245/45/18...the rears would fit a 275/40/18 nicely. Both would be the same exact height.

As for the build, I dont love it and I dont hate it. I agree that you can choose to customize your car any way you like. I mean some could say that anyone who has changed anything on their car such as turbo, ic, wheels, injectors, paint, gauges, radio, etc is taking away from what the car is.

At the same time, I would never use anything other than a Buick V6 in a Turbo Regal...but thats just me. Nonetheless, definetily a great effort....Good job!

Nice work, can you tell me if the Tach, and Speedo run of the PCM, or is the speedo cable driven?

Sweet ride man! F#*k what ever those guys are saying about cutting up your ride this and putting in a V8 that... They don't give any crap to people who cage and tub them out! At least yours will be on the street.

XXR Model number 521 wheels. Cost me around $600 shipped for 18X8.5 fronts and 18X10 rears.

Rear tires are Goodyear eagle F1's, I forgo the size and the fronts are DUnlop sports which I bought used.

Pardon if this has been asked and I missed it, however do you rub the fenders/frame any?
How much has the car been lowered?

Guess he got bored or sick of issues. To me it's silly to put that time and effort into it just to sell it. Looks cool though.

.. They don't give any crap to people who cage and tub them out! At least yours will be on the street.

What he said. Whiners can go back to the first page and read lines 18-19.

Some of us just work with what we have cause we love the car. None of you guys must read Hot Rod because of all the bad things they do to nice cars. The way I see it, there were 40-some thousand of these cars built, I'm sure we can afford to have someone do something different to one. Why should he be one of those guys at the shows with another (yawn) pristine stock black GN?

I think it's a great ground-breaking build, might do it to mine if I melt this V6 again . . .

I think what gives some of us pause is that "he loves the car" but proceeds to strip everything out that makes it what it is. After he gets the interior gutted and autox'd about the only thing left is the hood.

Serving self interest he would have been $$ ahead to get a regal that had a crap interior in the first place and paint it black.

It IS his car to build and sell as he wishes though. I just cant go gaga over it... that v8 is pretty over done for swaps IMO so it will soon lose its neato factor and just be a "yawn" swap.

Note: it likely could be a fun car and was probably a joy to build so best of everything to the next owner. Hope he finishes it

Sorry, I only get on here once in a while.

The car is no longer for sale, Its getting completely re-done AGAIN. I took it to the track and and made about 3 passes on it and something in the bottom end gave way. So now I am in the process of building a forged short block for it and overhauling the suspension. check back in the spring when I'll post more updates, its a bit too cold to start anything now