Love it or hate it: its still awesome. 6 speed GN

Its been a hot minute, so i thought I would roll the car out and take a few pics real fast.... Got the stance to almost exactly where i want it, rear is coming down another 1/2 inch tomorrow.

Let me know what you guys think.

SAM_0046.jpg

SAM_0047.jpg

It LIVES. the car will be on the road tomorrow, no excuses.

Fired over and idled for the first time tonight, sounded orgasmic. I'm uploading a video to youtube but its taking FOREVER...why the hell is that?

Left to do:

Vacum lines to wastegate, BOV and FPR
bleed brakes and clutch
wire meth pump
top of power steering fluid.

After an hours worth of work tomorrow, the car will be moving. and god damn I cant wait.

Finished alot tonight, but the main thing that has been haunting me for 3 weeks now finally got resolved. my water neck frorm the pump had to be twisted the opposite way so the turbo pipes would clear. but then it hit the serpentine belt, so we had to modify a small block chevy one to work. it all came out ok and actually looks better lol. other than that I wired my fans, starter switch, mounted and wired the oil scavenger pump, mounted the BOV, fabricated the oil supply and return lines, borrowed a throllte cable from an 89 berretta that works PERFECTLY and helped change a driveshaf in a jeep. very productive day. tomorrow though....THAT will be a good one :D

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

AND THIS IS WHERE THE CAR SITS TODAY, JUNE 20 2010. STILL NEEDS TO BE TUNED. THATS IT! (THE ENGINE IS FINISHED, AND EVERYTHING IS HOOKED UP, DOWNPIPE IS MADE, I JUST DON HAVE A PICTURE OF IT HAHA)

SAM_0033.jpg

SAM_0030.jpg

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

SAM_0056.jpg

SAM_0057.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

SAM_0052.jpg

SAM_0047.jpg

Congratulations on a top notch build! I could only dream of having the skill and mechanical know-how to pull off something like this! You should be very proud of what you've accomplished!

i was just thinking how i GN 5 speed would turn out..but you:eek: when the whole extra 10 miles..v8 turbo 6 speed...wooow.. that think is gone be bad ass..any videos? or even audio to hear that beast...:eek:

looks killer man, one thing if i have to be picky is, you need to do something about those headers.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

The car has been a completely insane project since day one, seeing as how I have had to fabricate 90% of this stuff for my swap, like the pedal asembly, coil relocation brackets and so forth.

the manifolds are only temporary, They are going to be completely re-done this winter with all stainless tig welded components. I'll try to get some video in the net few weeks, I am out of town at the moment but will be back July 4th.

Engine/trans combo will probably get better highway economy than our standard turbo GN's. I imagine even without the turbo the car would wicked fun.

Great car /GN project ,I am thinking about LS swap myself this fall ,just wonder how you figured that 550 RWHP at 15 psi with V8 LS engine and Alky ,reason I want to do LS 1/6 swap is to get that power with nothing but 93 octane gas and low 10/12 psi boost for everyday driving , maybe bigger turbo then 67 would do it ? just wonder ?

My buddy with a bone stock LS1 and a 60MM turbo made almost 450 to the rear wheels in his IROC with a 6 speed.

I have a bigger turbo, MUCH bigger injectors, LS6 Heads, cam nd intake, LS6 valve springs, ported throttle body and the meth kit.

These motors are awesome when you throw boost at them. 550 is very attainable.

My buddy with a bone stock LS1 and a 60MM turbo made almost 450 to the rear wheels in his IROC with a 6 speed.

I have a bigger turbo, MUCH bigger injectors, LS6 Heads, cam nd intake, LS6 valve springs, ported throttle body and the meth kit.

These motors are awesome when you throw boost at them. 550 is very attainable.

I think what he is saying is that you are gonna be waaaaay past 550 rwhp if it is tuned right. Hell lots of heads cam ls motors can do almost 500rw with no boost.

I dig it a lot, the wheels are killer. As boost231 and you mentioned, the headers/manifolds could be addressed but that's as much nit picking as I can do. I love it.

I think what he is saying is that you are gonna be waaaaay past 550 rwhp if it is tuned right. Hell lots of heads cam ls motors can do almost 500rw with no boost.

I dig it a lot, the wheels are killer. As boost231 and you mentioned, the headers/manifolds could be addressed but that's as much nit picking as I can do. I love it.

Yeah, but My stock T56 isnt going to like anything past 550 very much :(

Those numbers are my goal, if I make more than that its just an added bonus ;)

make sure to post a youtube vid when ur done ,,,What wheels and tires are those? and how much coin if you dont mind my asking?