Love it or hate it: its still awesome. 6 speed GN

make sure to post a youtube vid when ur done ,,,What wheels and tires are those? and how much coin if you dont mind my asking?

XXR Model number 521 wheels. Cost me around $600 shipped for 18X8.5 fronts and 18X10 rears.

Rear tires are Goodyear eagle F1's, I forgo the size and the fronts are DUnlop sports which I bought used.

Unreal. Put me first in line for the shakedown cruise. I live for flat shifting:eek:

Nice project, you did good. I just gotta ask. All that work and why dont you paint the frame/engine bay nicely? Or on the rear end? Wire brush and a fresh coat of paint goes a LONG WAY. Dont worry, your not the only one Ive seen do a engine project and forget that "step". Guess you were just thrashing so much you forgot! LOL

what motor mounts did you use and oil pan

I used BRP hotrods swap kit and an LH8 oil pan from a hummer.

Nice project, you did good. I just gotta ask. All that work and why dont you paint the frame/engine bay nicely? Or on the rear end? Wire brush and a fresh coat of paint goes a LONG WAY. Dont worry, your not the only one Ive seen do a engine project and forget that "step". Guess you were just thrashing so much you forgot! LOL

Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't want to paint it. The car was built primarly as an experiment just to see if I could do it. I cna lways take it apart and paint it now though ;) I was also on a limited time budget, so it made things kind of difficult.

My plans for the car in the future are probably a gutted interior, every brace I can find, coilovers and a new rear end. I want to turn it into an auto-X car.

Congrats

Nice build. I had a 79 malibu in 1998 that I put a mild carbed 350 and an lt-1 6 speed that I bought with school money...Ha. I put the trans in over spring break b/c my ford buddies said I couldnt. The pedals were a pain, and I bought a camaro pedal setup if and when I do it again.

Issues I had, linkage geometry wasnt dead on and pedal was very stiff. I had to cut my tranny tunnel. Is the 5.3 mounted lower or the tunnel larger in a gn? I had a shortened t/a shifter and as a warning in the t-56 I had if you miss a shift it will take it. Gear selection was tight and I hit first one day when speed shifting looking for 3rd. Scared the crap outta me but bent a pushrod. Trans was ok. Lastly brakes on a g-body suck. Upgrade them b/c you just made your car way more top speed capable. Mine had 3.42's and would lug in 6th gear under 70. Got 18mpg on long interstate trip with a carb at that. Looking forward to updates on your build.

sick build man! props for going different and swapping the 6spd... if i may ask. what bolt pattern did you get the xxr's? 5x120 or you running some kind of adaptors?? thanks

Nice build i would say your making more power then your thinking. I saw your car over on LS1tech in the G-body thread and was very impressed.

I just picked up a 08 LY6/4l80E with 27K for 1200. I traded my 79 BBC 468 malibu for a super clean GN roller that was pretty well set up.

How far does that oil pan hang down below the crossmember and how well did the motor mounts work for your placement? Can you still run your A/C if you wanted?

Can you give details on oil drian back from turbo?? Also what are you using to monitor A/F ratio?