Loss of rpm on shifts

six is enough

Tweaked has a new Home
Have tried to figure this one out all year. Running a 400 when car shifts from first to second and second to third there is a 1600 rpm drop on the shifts. Last year with the same combo rpms whould drop 700 on the shifts. Tried three different converters and all where the same. Sixty foots have suffered as well. Was able to sixty foot in the 1.30 range and now they are mid 1.40s. Can someone help me on this one?

Yes the transmission has been gone thru. Nothing wrong found there. Was running a hughes converter and than an art carr and now a ptc. Per TCI site this converter has 3% slip at the top end. Will stall 4400 on the foot brake. The hughes converter I was running last year only droped 600 to 700 on the shifts and then at the start of this season would drop 1600 on the shifts. That is why I tried different converters. But they all did the same thing. Car pulls good thruout the runs. But ets are 9.50and 9.60s at 145. It seems to takes time to recorver and get back in the power band. Also tried different shift points and the drop would still be the same. Any ideas?

2nd gear in a "fight" w/ 1st and 3rd??
Was trans done B4, or after the problem started??
I don't have a schematic, but could the brake circuit be leaking into the reverse circuit, causing a drag??

The problem started before the transmission was worked on. Thought it might be converter related changed and problem still there Then went through the transmission and problem still there. Ideas? What would you look at to see if 2nd gear is fighting 1st and 3rd?