RPM Drop on shifts

TireFryer

The New Kid
Vigilante lockup multi disk lockup, 3200 stall. Rpm drops 800 on the 1-2 shift and 600 on the 2-3. Lockup in 3rd at wot drops it 500-600. Is this too loose? the car moves out, just curious on some feedback. Possibly going to a 1/4 track in the next week or 2 so I'm trying to get the car dialed in.

On that note, best way to launch on a street tire? I have a tr6 with the adjustable 2 step, use that and the foot brake or just the foot brake? I'll run it out the back in 3rd with the converter locking at 95.

Vigilante lockup multi disk lockup, 3200 stall. Rpm drops 800 on the 1-2 shift and 600 on the 2-3. Lockup in 3rd at wot drops it 500-600. Is this too loose? the car moves out, just curious on some feedback. Possibly going to a 1/4 track in the next week or 2 so I'm trying to get the car dialed in.

On that note, best way to launch on a street tire? I have a tr6 with the adjustable 2 step, use that and the foot brake or just the foot brake? I'll run it out the back in 3rd with the converter locking at 95.
Sounds pretty decent actually. What’s the shift point?

Need to get yourself a draggy.

I can only say these things so many times
If your a street guy do your own testing😉 and if you have real numbers identifying what the car doesnt do and what it does thats the start.
Now after the testing the real questions begin.

Agree with @BEATAV8. That sounds fine. To really know you need to log output shaft speed somehow and generate your converter %slip and make sure it's in the range you wanted when you spec'd the converter.

Street tire launches are a crap shoot. It depends on the tire, the surface prep and your setup. You do not have the sidewall flex of a drag radial or a bias ply, so you can't hit it as hard. Even if you have a good hit, I've always had problems where I'll get a great launch and then start spinning out past the 60' mark where the traction compound ends. Maddening.

practice practice practice.

How can anybody advise when we dont know how fast the car is and what are the goals.
The car could be running 12s with those shift points and converter

There is no crap shoot on with a properly setup car on the street.
Some cars will and have gone faster on the street than a track.

Even if you have a good hit, I've always had problems where I'll get a great launch and then start spinning out past the 60' mark where the traction compound ends. Maddening.
That's because the car is not setup properly to hook and carry power down the street.
Madding is actually what some of us love to do😉