Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

Thanks.
We're figuring there is a couple more mph and a couple more tenths in there between the tune and the driver :redface: remembering to build boost at launch.

When I did the 7.40, there was very little if any tire spin so clearly....I could throw a lot more at it.

Papa Lou did a great job parting this combo together for me over my many visits to his shop.
Now it's up to me to safely maximize it...with a little help from some friends who are teaching me a great deal about it...and see if I can kill me a nice red Z06 at the track on the 30th.
I'm frightened !

Yes! it's true...

Over the last week, Tim has been training at a secret, underground training camp for ninja, drag race chickens. It's teachings are so secretive that even the guy teaching doesn't know what he's doing.:eek:

First step was to get Tim comfortable in a fast car. Here's a rare photo of day one at the training camp, with Tim straped in for a ride.:eek:

phonepics254.jpg

More to come...

And, Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard

Over the last week, Tim has been training at a secret, underground training camp for ninja, drag race chickens. It's teachings are so secretive that even the guy teaching doesn't know what he's doing.:eek:

First step was to get Tim comfortable in a fast car. Here's a rare photo of day one at the training camp, with Tim straped in for a ride.:eek:

More to come...

And, Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard

That was a scary ride....
My rear airbag almost deployed spontaneously.:eek:

I'm frightened !

Well...maybe you should be, Papa Lou.:cool:
Consider if you will...I already went a 10th quicker than you....on my 4th run ever....in warmer weather than you ran in....in a heavier car....that is making less power than yours...and still have not even pushed the tune or the launch....

Me thinks you might have more to contend with than you may have originally presumed...better be real careful during your launch with that manual trans and all that HP you got cooking at the wheels under that lightweight car....

...or you'll see the Chicken Coupe flying off into the distance....

Grasshopper might snatch the pebble form your hand on the 30th...:D
YouTube - The Tao of Kung Fu #6- "The wise always remain humble."

Just released classified photos of day two at the camp. Tim training with others. Learning how to adapt to new and dangerous situations.

farmer.jpg

After this kind of survival training, Z06 Vetts are no big deal.:cool:

More to come...

Mike B.

Just released classified photos of day two at the camp. Tim training with others. Learning how to adapt to new and dangerous situations.

farmer.jpg

After this kind of survival training, Z06 Vetts are no big deal.:cool:

More to come...

Mike B.

Now why are you dragging me out to Fontana when we could of taken care of our little problem at Irwindale. Meet me there Thursday & lets get it over with. I'm ready now !

I still have some setting up to do...
Besides....I'll be at the dentist on Thursday getting my cavity filled.

Uh...:eek:
Just to be clear...
Don't misread that and impose a thread lock, Gary...I didn't mean it that way....I'm talking about a hole in my tooth.

This time I got about 2-3lbs built up before letting her go.
ET was 7.40...yes...7.40....at 92.24 mph with a 1.669 60 footer.
You may congratulate me now, Harold:biggrin:.

Remember Tim, what you did on Thursday its only an 1/8 mile run, many things can happen after the 1/8 at which point the race has just begun ask anybody and they will tell you the same, your car better be in top shape to run that extra 1/8Th or papa Lou is going to run you down so fast that he will make your car spin out from the velocity of his going by :tongue:, I don't think you ever raced a full 1/4 mile in your life, when I see you hit that high eleven on the 30Th then I will shake your hand. :)

This thread has turned into a fools paradise!

I prefer to think of it as my Happy Place.:D

Ah Papa Lou...I'm just having fun. You know I have nothing but respect for you.
Truth be told....when we line up on the 30th...I might get so excited that I'm about to race my idol...the Turbo Buick Legend, Lou Czarnota,....I just might pee a little:redface:

OK...I won't pee....but I'll definitely float a fart...I do that when I get nervous.

Remember Tim, what you did on Thursday its only an 1/8 mile run, many things can happen after the 1/8 at which point the race has just begun ask anybody and they will tell you the same, your car better be in top shape to run that extra 1/8Th or papa Lou is going to run you down so fast that he will make your car spin out from the velocity of his going by :tongue:, I don't think you ever raced a full 1/4 mile in your life, when I see you hit that high eleven on the 30Th then I will shake your hand. :)

Yes...I actually do know the difference between an 1/8 mile and a 1/4 mile.:rolleyes:

I also know pretty well what a 1/4 mile equates to on the street. Aside from just looking at an odometer until it clicks off 2.5 while driving back down a few of the stretches that I frequent....I understand distances, velocities, etc. pretty well from my military balistics training. I've easily covered a 1/4 mile on many an occasion and by various means...
And while this is my first exposure to actually racing on the track myself, in my yoot, I did a lot of flash light and arm drop street racing on 1/4 mile back stretches that we'd set up outside of Gilroy and Hollister.

I'm also fully aware of the concept of getting out mph'd at the top...
I've been going to the drag races my whole life and have watched it happen frequently. One of the best run downs I ever saw was when we watched Don Wang run that guy down at Pinks in Bakersfield. They launched at the same time and he gave the dude nearly a 5 length lead while his turbo spooled up, and then he snatched it back and beat the guy by almost 2 lengths, a couple tenths and over 20mph. It was hilarious!

I also know that Vettes (or anything with an LS7 and a lot of gear) are especially notorious for breathing quite deeply at the top of the track. It's where they win. This is why I said in one of my earlier posts in this thread that Papa Lou's chances of winning are improved on the 1/4 mile....all other things aside.

Don't worry....I'm not totally naive...just having some fun.:biggrin:

...and you will see a solid 11 out of this GN on the 30th.
It was built by the best.:biggrin:

Truth be told....when we line up on the 30th...I might get so excited that I'm about to race my idol...the Turbo Buick Legend, Lou Czarnota,....I just might pee a little:redface:

OK...I won't pee....but I'll definitely float a fart...I do that when I get nervous.
Oh my. How lovely. :(

Chicken that was I nice thing to say & I'm more interested in my cars perf than beating anyone but this is giving me some purpose. Plus Buicks are much more suited for drag racing & don't give much away to any Corvette. I have no illusions about that.

I've been hiding in the shadows. I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome of you guys race, unless, it is going to be the outcome already mentioned by Tim.