Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

Hey pollo, if you break in the 11's I will congratulate you, problem is, you have no seat time at the track that will make it difficult for you, my Supra, yes its running great, I was done with the GN long before I sold her., after seeing the kind of Jems that own these cars and really dont appreciate them for what they are, you can say I decided to sell to move away from the association that owning a GN brings with it IE: (thugs,gangsters, and old people), not to mention bawled chickens. :tongue:, My supra maybe slower than my GN or yours but I enjoy the $hit out of it when I drive it way lots more than the GN.,, as far as it seeing track time or dragracing time I doubt it, maybe not for a long long time, I am done with that game and the 10secs of joy it brings, its not worth the time or money just to say you went 10's, and its really not a big deal, you'll find out when you get there if you ever do. :p

Harold I don't believe you have buddies in the other forum.

We are the only buddies you have!! haha

this is getting very interesting my money is on the chicken all the way.....

Harold I don't believe you have buddies in the other forum.

We are the only buddies you have!! haha

this is getting very interesting my money is on the chicken all the way.....

So what would the guys with supras Im hanging out with tomorrow be called? I hope buddies. ;)

Ralph my comment wasnt intented towards you, I have nothing but respect and think very highly of you for everything you have acomplish in life and consider you a very good friend of mine just like I do Ray, if there is anything you ever need, You know I will be there for you all the way..

and yes my money still on old man with the WickedZO6. :D

Harold

Tim: The only thing that you have that runs in the 11's is your hairpiece.
J/K, Tim, but my money would be on Z06 if you guys were to run.

Hey pollo, if you break in the 11's I will congratulate you, problem is, you have no seat time at the track that will make it difficult for you, my Supra, yes its running great, I was done with the GN long before I sold her., after seeing the kind of Jems that own these cars and really dont appreciate them for what they are, you can say I decided to sell to move away from the association that owning a GN brings with it IE: (thugs,gangsters, and old people), not to mention bawled chickens. :tongue:, My supra maybe slower than my GN or yours but I enjoy the $hit out of it when I drive it way lots more than the GN.,, as far as it seeing track time or dragracing time I doubt it, maybe not for a long long time, I am done with that game and the 10secs of joy it brings, its not worth the time or money just to say you went 10's, and its really not a big deal, you'll find out when you get there if you ever do. :p

I hear you on enjoying what you drive. You did the right thing....I just like giving you a hard time:D
I'm in the same transition between old school muscle cars (always been in a first gen Camaro since I was 16) and the Turbo Buicks.

Gotta say tho...I kinda enjoy the peeps I've met through the Turbo Buick scene.....haven't run into anyone yet who I didn't like.....but....you'll have some good and bad folks in any car scene. I still have my friends from my Camaro days and I've made some new friends in the Turbo Buick scene.

I have no desire to go 10's. My goal from the start was to get the GN into the 11's and use it as a daily driver....I'm there...and I'll prove it on the 30th.

And hopefully reach another goal at the same time....out ET Papa Lou's Z06 in our head to head match up:D

I hear you on enjoying what you drive. You did the right thing....I just like giving you a hard time:D
I'm in the same transition between old school muscle cars (always been in a first gen Camaro since I was 16) and the Turbo Buicks.

Gotta say tho...I kinda enjoy the peeps I've met through the Turbo Buick scene.....haven't run into anyone yet who I didn't like.....but....you'll have some good and bad folks in any car scene. I still have my friends from my Camaro days and I've made some new friends in the Turbo Buick scene.

I have no desire to go 10's. My goal from the start was to get the GN into the 11's and use it as a daily driver....I'm there...and I'll prove it on the 30th.

And hopefully reach another goal at the same time....out ET Papa Lou's Z06 in our head to head match up:D

Chicken I think no matter what happens you have come a long way from when I first met you with those silly tail pipes. You wanted a fast street car & achieved your goals. Just don't break it before the big race. I'm just hoping that my clutch holds up with the power I'm now making. My goal is 10's I just want people to know that Buicks aren't the only cars I'm capable of working on.The Buick's have finally slowed to a trickle & I need to keep busy.

How many TR's usually show up at this event? I have a trailer lined up just looking for a truck to haul it down from Norcal.

WELL IM DEBATING BETWEEN GOING OFFROADING THAT WEEKEND OR DRAG RACING. THAT IS A HARD CHOICE:confused: IF I GO OFFROADING I WILL HAVE 3 DAYS OF FUN OUT IN THE DESERT. IF I GO RACING I HOPE TO DRIVE MY CAR TO THE TRACK AND FINALLY MAKE MY 9 SECOND PASS:D:D:D. BEEN DRIVING MOST OF THE WEEK AND THAT 4L80E IS IMPRESSIVE. IT DID TAKE SOME EXTRA POWER TO SPIN THE HEAVIER TRANS,87HP TO BE EXACT,
BUT I KNOW I WILL PICK E.T. WITH THE BIGGER CLUTCHES/DRUMS IN THIS TRANS HOLDING THE POWER. IT DYNOED 799RWHP WITH THE 200R4 AND NOW IT DOES 712RWHP WITH THE 4L80E. THIS THING RUNS LIKE A DREAM TEMP DOESNT GO OVER 185 IN TRAFFIC AND MAYBE 195 AFTER A RUN. RPM'S ARE AT 2000 @ ABOUT 75MPH ON THE FREEWAY. IT 60 FOOTED 1.46 ON THURSDAY AT IRWINDALE I KNOW I CAN GET BETTER 60 FOOTS BUT IT ONLY HAS 3.55 GEARS OUT BACK. THIS IS A TRUE STREET CAR.YOU KNOW WHEN THESE CARS ARE RUNNING RIGHT THEY ARE AWESOME. WISH ME LUCK ON MY 9 SECOND PASS.:wink: HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY OUT THERE IF I GO. AND RALPH CARNE ASADA SOUNDS GOOD.

I'd like to see that!

9 sec run, I think the car is capable, (enough HP!) if you hold your tongue just right, LOL
sure hope you succeed, how many 9 sec street cars ( true street cars!) are there?
good luck! :D

Chicken I think no matter what happens you have come a long way from when I first met you with those silly tail pipes. You wanted a fast street car & achieved your goals. Just don't break it before the big race. I'm just hoping that my clutch holds up with the power I'm now making. My goal is 10's I just want people to know that Buicks aren't the only cars I'm capable of working on.The Buick's have finally slowed to a trickle & I need to keep busy.

We aint done yet Lou! remember i'm a needy mexican! I apologize for my girl dressing the way she did yesterday.

9 sec run, i think the car is capable, (enough hp!) if you hold your tongue just right, lol
sure hope you succeed, how many 9 sec street cars ( true street cars!) are there?
Good luck! :d

thanks for the support. Sounds like l.a. Invasion is going to bring out all the buick guys.

louis 9 sec for sure.

my brother joe has opened his carniceria in anahiem and the chicken is chingon!!!
looking foward to the big day..

2 GRILL MASTER NEEDED???? Please

Thanks, Lou.
I still have those silly tail pipes in my garage....in case they come back "in" some day...:tongue:

10's?
Evidently you've done a few more mods since your 7.50 in the 1/8th a few weeks back.
I thought I'd be running against the 7.50 (mid 11) Z06...:confused:
Well....we're still on....maybe you'll blow the tires off trying to launch and then I'll be gooooooone...:biggrin:
I gotta hope for something....right?:redface:

.... and the chicken is chingon!!!

Well yes...yes I am pretty awesome, thanks.:D

You signed up to race yet, Ralph? I wanna see your Limited making some passes.

Thanks, Lou.
I still have those silly tail pipes in my garage....in case they come back "in" some day...:tongue:

10's?
Evidently you've done a few more mods since your 7.50 in the 1/8th a few weeks back.
I thought I'd be running against the 7.50 (mid 11) Z06...:confused:
Well....we're still on....maybe you'll blow the tires off trying to launch and then I'll be gooooooone...:biggrin:
I gotta hope for something....right?:redface:

Well yes...yes I am pretty awesome, thanks.:D

You signed up to race yet, Ralph? I wanna see your Limited making some passes.
Chicken actually this has been good for me, You guys keep me young & off the couch. Before Buick's ever came along I was into Chevy's. Big block's mostly & in the early & mid 60's Pontiac's & Oldsmobile's. This is my 17'th Corvette, I have worked on & raced many different cars through the years. If by some unfortunate stoke of luck you win I will be back with more. I can't allow some bald guy who thinks he's a chicken do me in.

Chicken actually this has been good for me, You guys keep me young & off the couch. Before Buick's ever came along I was into Chevy's. Big block's mostly & in the early & mid 60's Pontiac's & Oldsmobile's. This is my 17'th Corvette, I have worked on & raced many different cars through the years. If by some unfortunate stoke of luck you win I will be back with more. I can't allow some bald guy who thinks he's a chicken do me in.

Well this will be a good event for you to reel in some LS motor customers, since it's primarily an LS event.

If I could do my 68 Camaro all over again, I'd pull the ZZ502 out and drop an LSX in there.:biggrin:

Hey pollo, if you break in the 11's I will congratulate you, problem is, you have no seat time at the track that will make it difficult for you....

Just to spice up this thread a little more...I've talked to my trainning coach...and decided...to put some interesting facts up.

I went out to Irwindale last Thursday to get a preview on what it will be like to play at the track. I came away a stronger, better, faster....meaner...Chicken as a result. I was also spotted at the track by a few of the Turbo Buick faithful, so I figured that it would leak out sooner or later anyway...

This was my first time racing at a track....ever.
I made a total of 5 runs...the first one was an ugly 8.17 at 90mph with a 2.04 60ft...made a rookie mistake and did not get out of the water box before stopping my burn out. So I pulled up to the line with semi wet tires and when provoked by the tree, I proceeded to lay rubber for 330 feet according to my corner man. Got beat to the line by a Dodge Dakota with a V8 in it, but I had the better ET.

Second run was only a little better, but I launched with zero boost. Netted me a 7.94 at 90.7 mph with a 2.01 60 ft.

Third run got slightly better...again....launched with little to no boost. Got a 7.71 at 91.92 with a 1.91 60.

4th run...HELLO PAPA LOU!!!!!:biggrin:
This time I got about 2-3lbs built up before letting her go.
ET was 7.40...yes...7.40....at 92.24 mph with a 1.669 60 footer.
You may congratulate me now, Harold:biggrin:

5th and final run after sitting in the lanes forever...launched with very little boost again and got a 7.68 and 92.23 mph and a 1.90 60ft.

So....here's the deal...I still think I have a good shot at a win over Papa Lou.
I just gotta get over this "build the boost" hurdle and really let it oiut off the line.

It only took my 4 runs to get a respectable 7.40 ET my first time to the track...and the tune was still veeeeeeery conservative.

In the words of my corner man....who's name will remain confidential in my post in order to protect his furry chia pet like appearance....
Happy Spooling...:biggrin:

Here's my time slip.

Attachments

• Timeslip.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 100
I'm impressed Tim !!!!!!!

your a quick learner!
according the the charts, that equates to a 11.63@114.68 :eek:

a lil more practice, a lil tuning, and YEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AND YES, ole two names can eat some delicious CROW!:D

here is link to conversion chart; Wallace Racing - 1/8th Stats to 1/4 Stats Calculator

way to go Tim! AKA bad a$$ chicken!!!

Thanks.
We're figuring there is a couple more mph and a couple more tenths in there between the tune and the driver :redface: remembering to build boost at launch.

When I did the 7.40, there was very little if any tire spin so clearly....I could throw a lot more at it.

Papa Lou did a great job parting this combo together for me over my many visits to his shop.
Now it's up to me to safely maximize it...with a little help from some friends who are teaching me a great deal about it...and see if I can kill me a nice red Z06 at the track on the 30th.