Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

Well I had a meeting with Mike and the chicken today, and after tugging on his pipes for a few I was able to pin down thier boost problem and got it solved (not being able to get over 21), , so see rooster Tugg piping works :D. now hitting almost 25psi, both the rooster and crew chief mike were all smiles when came back from a little test run, Now at least he has a fighting chance against the sheep master driving his barbie ride, go get him rooster, you have my blessings.. :biggrin:

Meanchicken,

Did you call Lou out? Shame on you! It's a Z06 for ****** sake.

He's gonna have to pull off some fancy drivin' to take out that buick.

You do know if you beat him he will come back faster. Your car will take a **** trying to keep up......and he will have to fix it for ya.:cool:

When your done picking on old farts with stick shifts let me know.
I got something for ya.:D

You guys crack me up...This is gonna be classic.

Good Luck (you need it)

Thanks Jeff I'm a forced induction advocate. trying to race against someone with a blower or turbo is a big disadvantage. But it will be interesting & I will just keep them guessing what my next move will be against the forces of evil here that haven't any respect for us seniors.

Lou!

Isn't it past your bed time? You've got a big day tomorrow and don't want to fall asleep at the tree.:eek::D

The Chicken, and his bucket of bolts are as ready as they're going to be. Hope you've got the rubber band wound up nice and tight on the Cheby.

See you in the AM.

Mike B.

And the winner is......

nobody :(

Thanks for the food Ralph

Lesson for the day: C16 isn't good lighter fluid !

All that smack talk and then they didn't race - AAUUGGHHHHHHH.

New GN in the hood. not me.
That is all.

contrary to what the "troublemakers" said

Lou did run a 11.71@125, but later runs developed a clutch problem , and rather than break it altogether, elected to limp it home , and try another day.
Tim ran an 11.96 (not sure of MPH) then ran slower later runs.
Luis broke the motor (again)
Ralph enjoyed driving his car so much, he decided to enjoy it some more and not break it today.
Pete went lo 14 in his stock Syclone,
it was good to see all the old faces, Nordy, Ray, Gary Wells, Mike, Ralph, Luis, Pete, Reggie, Rick, I'm sure I'm forgetting others, (sorry)
and yes the trouble maker and his associate was present. but who cares!

was a good day all in all,

Just posting the truth, maybe instead of type type type, blah blah blah, tuning and launching techniques could of been worked on. Its almost nauseating to read the endless BS that lead up to a bunch of nothing. You know how many people took their time and money to travel a good distance to support this 'historic race' ?
The fact that they didn't race side by side, instead one AFTER the other is foolish at an extreme. Too hard to line up together ???

HOW BOUT THIS LEE, we will continue to ignore each other at events. I never have said a word about your posting till you would chime in with some crap, but if I hear your BS about me or my post ONCE more, including now, we are going to have a very serious issue. You think you are just free to say crap about people you don't even know, that is a very bad premise. Just let it alone

ah, thanks Gary for cleaning up instigators language for him.

Funny, I was going to post pictures, but I figured it would go south quick like the Pizza cruise post and be removed similiarly. Glad to see that post is finally back up

Nacho PLEASE go to the hospital........

Meanchicken was getting better and better on every run.
my brothers and I had a good time thanx for every ones help with the carne asada
sorry we had issues starting the fire so we started late.
Nacho got burrned with c16 starting the fire he got 2ND degree burns on his hand and did not want to go to the hospital he insted put some "7up" on it dont know whats going on with that.

That was a serious burn, so bad he couldn't feel it. That's bad. My wife, a vet tech, told him about some cream that he could get, the same cream they would use at a hospital to treat it. If it becomes infected he could lose fingers, etc. I mentioned to him to look for a first aid station, I thought they were required at races like that.

and yes the trouble maker and his associate was present. but who cares! ,

You seem to do or else you wouldn't be posting about us at all. :D, whatever you say goes in one ear and out the other.. ;), Plus we only post the truth about how it all went down, lots of people did take thier time off today to come see the event of the year and then, nothing happen..what a joke, but I guess the joke was on us..

I didnt get to see the aftermath of Nachos hand, but from what I saw rigth after the fire went out I knew it was bad but he played it off like it was nothing, I hope he gets well and that learned that playing with C16 to light charcoals is not a good Idea.

Like mike says
Happy Motoring..
I'm out.

How about both of you guys taking your personal problems and / or issues with each other to PM and / or E-mail. Thanks.
I personally had a great time. Lou did lose his clutch, not totally, but for the major part, on about his 2nd or 3rd run.
After Lou left, Tim did squeak out a 11.62, I believe.
As Lee stated, it was good to see everybody, Rafael's all you can eat was great and well appreciated. I believe that his family did the cooking, many thanks, Rafael & family for cooking up such a great feast.
I can't understand how somebody could not have a good time, regardless of the outcome of Lou's & Meanchicken's race.
It seemed to me that almost everybody had a great time and enjoyed themselves. It's too bad that a couple of others did not.
Looking forward to seeing everybody at Bates.
Luis, sorry to hear about your car, hope that it is up & running soon.One other car broke down on the way there, sorry to hear about that and hope that it also is running soon.
Nacho, sorry to hear about your hand. It did look pretty bad. I did not want to say anything to alarm you, but definitely keep a close eye on that and be prepared to visit the hospital on a minute's notice. Hopefully, it will heal with no or minimal issues.

Gary I am not saying I didnt have a good time, but it was really a waste of my day to come out to see the Famous race that never happen, I really enjoyed seeing everybody, it was hella hot and didnt feel like hanging out to wait for the carne asada and the chicken, Ralph, you owe me buddy.. :)

How about instigators finally get their just dues ? You had to edit whose post and your talking to me about it ? This has continued on for years and no one did anything about it to certain special individuals. Sorry to step on this thread, but hey maybe at least something will finally get done. I never said I didn't have a good time and enjoyed seeing 'most' of the Buick clan. If someone has an issue with me they should come and discuss it with me at the next event, instead of running home and starting up on the board. Must be a very lonely existence. I've stayed out of it for awhile Gary and you know it, but when you have to clean up someones BS for them maybe you should shoot them a PM or whatever instead of telling 'both of us guys'. I make no threats but if it continues on here I will take it up in person, I don't need to hide behind a keyboard.

In a nut shell.

It was a great day. A few oil downs kept the lanes a bit long in the AM. By early after noon, the lanes were wide open the rest of the day. If somone wanted to, they could have gotten in 20-30 runs today.

It wasn't in the cards for the starters to get the Chicken and Lou in opposite lanes, at the same time. Lou had already layed down a wheel hopping 11.70ish run at 125mph in his shake down pass. Can't remember what the Chicken did in his shake down pass, but I think it was about a low twelve at 110ish mph. This was leaving at only 2 lbs boost, and the boost not coming up full, do to a possible header crack.

On lou's second pass, his clutch decided to violently object to the fact that he had added about a hundred hourse power more then it was originally designed for.:eek: Let's just say that I never knew that you could rev one of those engines that high.:D With the plastic Barbi car hurt, it was done for the day.

The Chicken's day started off slow on performance, but we slowly pecked away on the tune, launch, and ET and ended up being the quickest of all the cars (I think) that showed up in our group. The good news is, that we didn't hurt it. So, Lou should have plenty of time to get his Cheby fixed for "The Clucky in Fontucky II".:D I'll let Tim tell you his ET on his first assaults at the 1320'.

I will say congrats to a fast learner, and one quick, pump gas Chicken.;)

Big thanks to Ralph and crew for us all being the best fed group at the track.

I'll let others tell details on ETs and carnage.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard