Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

I also probably don't need to remind you...but I will anyway....just for fun....
Papa Lou.....much more pressure lining up against a solid 11 second Turbo Buick built by...you....then there is in lining up against some Thursday night Irwindale warrior in his high 18 second fart knockin' rice cooker.
:D

Keep your corner man, Harold, away from my pit. I don't want him tugging on my intercooler pipes and stuff just to see if it'll come apart...:rolleyes:

Hey...that guy who was in your shop with the ACR Viper when I called a few days back....does his plate say URFOOD? If it is...tell him I want a rematch from a dig (I gave him his requested roll race when he barely beat me...stayed right on his rear fender until he missed a gear) and see if he'll come out Sunday too....he aint gonna be very happy....and I think he knows it.
I might even borrow SPOOLFOOL's plates so he can see....URLUNCH.:biggrin:

Sorry Chicken but I have no control over Harold & have completely lost faith with our immigration system.I would of thought him to have gotten deported by now. The only person I know with an ACR viper is my accountant & to my knowledge the car has never seen full throttle, Don't even know why he owns a car like that. See you Sunday & did you ever install those wheel cly's ?

Sorry Chicken but I have no control over Harold & have completely lost faith with our immigration system.I would of thought him to have gotten deported by now. The only person I know with an ACR viper is my accountant & to my knowledge the car has never seen full throttle, Don't even know why he owns a car like that. See you Sunday & did you ever install those wheel cly's ?

LOL:D

Wheel cyl's go in on Saturday. Will be tweaking suspension and stuff for better hook at launch...this time I plan on actually building some boost at launch so I want to make sure the DR's don't blow off....didn't build hardly any boost when I ran my 7.40 in the 1/8th on my 4th run....ever....

Then need to decide...should I open the exhaust dump or not?....It was closed when I ran that 7.40 in the 1/8th a couple weeks back.

Could probably also run another 2 lbs of boost at WOT safely....only ran a little over 22 when I did my 7.40 in the 1/8th.

Geez....gotta be at least another 2-3 tenths in ET and a few mph I can realize with just some minor adjustments....ya think?

Still also have to decide whether or not to install this bigger Turbo I'm being offered...

Think you might be able to get back to the dyno in the next few days?....I think you might need to....gotta be sure nothing is left on the table donchya know...

LOL:D

Wheel cyl's go in on Saturday. Will be tweaking suspension and stuff for better hook at launch...this time I plan on actually building some boost at launch so I want to make sure the DR's don't blow off....didn't build hardly any boost when I ran my 7.40 in the 1/8th on my 4th run....ever....

Then need to decide...should I open the exhaust dump or not?....It was closed when I ran that 7.40 in the 1/8th a couple weeks back.

Could probably also run another 2 lbs of boost at WOT safely....only ran a little over 22 when I did my 7.40 in the 1/8th.

Geez....gotta be at least another 2-3 tenths in ET and a few mph I can realize with just some minor adjustments....ya think?

Still also have to decide whether or not to install this bigger Turbo I'm being offered...

Think you might be able to get back to the dyno in the next few days?....I think you might need to....gotta be sure nothing is left on the table donchya know...
All I know is I'm giving this my best effort & then have to make a decision if I want to pursue this madness or install a supercharger to further deal with you pestilent farm animals.

All I know is I'm giving this my best effort & then have to make a decision if I want to pursue this madness or install a supercharger to further deal with you pestilent farm animals.

Nah...you won't do the Supercharger...not enough time to get your tune right and make the needful upgrades to the rest of the drive train in order to actually harness that power on launch without completely grenading everything from the flywheel back....
Papa Lou wouldn't be the guy to foul the track with driveline fluids and parts.:eek:
Never!

Friday I gotta change my plugs, oil and filter....gotta clean my air filter too...that thing hasn't been cleaned in over a year and is friggin' black....it's pretty clogged up....gotta be another 10th just in cleaning the air filter. LOL:D

please make clear the day you guys are doing this

is it saturday, or sunday, or monday?????

inquiring minds want to know! :biggrin:

Nah...you won't do the Supercharger...not enough time to get your tune right and make the needful upgrades to the rest of the drive train in order to actually harness that power on launch without completely grenading everything from the flywheel back....
Papa Lou wouldn't be the guy to foul the track with driveline fluids and parts.:eek:
Never!

Friday I gotta change my plugs, oil and filter....gotta clean my air filter too...that thing hasn't been cleaned in over a year and is friggin' black....it's pretty clogged up....gotta be another 10th just in cleaning the air filter. LOL:D
Maybe you should give yourself an enema there's another half a second & afterwords you could be buried in a shoe box.

is it saturday, or sunday, or monday?????

inquiring minds want to know! :biggrin:

The crushing of the Z06 will tke place LIVE on SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Chicken, did you get that system working yet?

Uh....what system? :confused:
Fuel bottle coloring system????

I decided long ago not to use blue bottles and white bottles etc. to designate what fuel is inside them....too confusing....I just put everything in red bottles and then do a little taste test prior to pouring it in the tank...
It's far more effective and cuts down on opportunity for error.

Gasoline has a little mor zip to it..makes your mouth water like craaaazy too...and Methanol is cooler on the tongue, yet burns at the same time...it's quite refreshing...;)

The crushing of the Z06 will tke place LIVE on SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Uh....what system? :confused:
Fuel bottle coloring system????

I decided long ago not to use blue bottles and white bottles etc. to designate what fuel is inside them....too confusing....I just put everything in red bottles and then do a little taste test prior to pouring it in the tank...
It's far more effective and cuts down on opportunity for error.

Gasoline has a little mor zip to it..makes your mouth water like craaaazy too...and Methanol is cooler on the tongue, yet burns at the same time...it's quite refreshing...;)
I had heard that Scott was setting you up with a high pressure 'blue bottle' just for this occasion? Oooops. Was I not supposed to tell?

I had heard that Scott was setting you up with a high pressure 'blue bottle' just for this occasion? Oooops. Was I not supposed to tell?

Oh that stuff...ya...it's much colder on the tongue....:tongue:
Fun to play with tho.
Found out that the neighors cats don't like it very much....:eek:

Keep your corner man, Harold, away from my pit. I don't want him tugging on my intercooler pipes and stuff just to see if it'll come apart...:rolleyes:

You should be honored if i came overthere to thug on your turbo Pipes :eek:, it may just stay together for the full quarter if i gave it my blessing, or maybe a little leak on the up-pipe or intake will prevent your motor from blowing up. ;)

Sounds like all Buicks will be out.. Im a bit motivated to show off the new combo.. but will only come out to play if i get to run against EVIL 87... :biggrin::eek::p

good luck with that 9 sec pass.. dont bring the cerote with you. he will gamble your money away and drink all your beer.. oh and you have to buy him dinner also... ;):eek: :biggrin:

Lou if you win Bri said she will flash you!!
Tell her to get ready It's a done deal & like shooting fish in a barrel.It's going to be nice & warm Sunday & stupid ( er I mean chicken ) should of taken my Irwindale offer.

Maybe you should give yourself an enema there's another half a second & afterwords you could be buried in a shoe box.

I never pass on the advice of a legend. I'll be sure to... move the mail ...Sunday AM before going to the track.

You should be honored if i came overthere to thug on your turbo Pipes :eek:, it may just stay together for the full quarter if i gave it my blessing, or maybe a little leak on the up-pipe or intake will prevent your motor from blowing up. ;)

No thanks....I saw what all that pipe tugging got you with your GN.
You better stop that....you'll go blind.:eek:

Lou if you win Bri said she will flash you!!

Ahem...:confused:
Chickens need love too....

Nevermind....my wife will be there...She'll crack me in the McNuggets if she catches me looking like I just enjoyed something...

Tell her to get ready It's a done deal & like shooting fish in a barrel.It's going to be nice & warm Sunday & stupid ( er I mean chicken ) should of taken my Irwindale offer.

Warm air will slow you down too, Papa Lou...it's an equal opportunity curse....

If your cars are anywhere near as fast as your mouths, you'll get one pass and they will pull your run cards.:biggrin:

10.93@122.9mph with a 1.52sixty footer with only 22psi I guess tugging on my pipes paid off, how do you like them aples? ;)

Impressive, yes...and you know I really liked your GN....but....
My honest opinion....
That 10 second time slip would have come much easier, quicker and more reliably if you had just dropped that GN off at Lou's shop, told him what you wanted and left him alone for a couple weeks...;)

First off, I wasnt in a hurry to get there and have unlimited funs if i wanted to go faster. ;), reason why I had my car for 11 yrs and enjoyed every bit of it, 2nd I am very capable or wrenching on my own car when needed unless it was a complete rebuilt or something that needed major tools I didn't have available, 3rd Lou and I had our fall out due to my way of wanting everything perfect and I must admit sometimes he wasnt in his best game, ( but thats dirt under the rug), I am happy with my decision to sell the car and very satisfied it went to an awesome new owner who is really enjoying it and taking even better car of it than I did, with that said I have no regrets whatsoever about ever owning a GN... but I must admit once you start to get them in the low 11's or high 10's they break all the time LOL. :)