Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

I'll be there!

probably most of the REAL buick guys will attend,
won't miss the crybabies either,
11.71 on a Z06 is very respectable,
all the "you tube" guys z06's are as stock as my blue car is, LOL
according to calcuations 10.98 =508 rwhp, and 128mph = 586rwhp sure its stock! LOL

hey as justcruisn said, its all the hype that gets the attention,
I hope round II is just as good,
thanks for the entertainment guys!

One could not have bought entertainment that good even though the race did not go off as scheduled. Well, entertainment that good keeping your clothes on that is.

Is that a Joke, there is a ton of stock Z06's with stock tires on you tube running low 11's to high 10's all day long with a good driver and traction launch on.,
click on link below for 1 of many like this one running 11 flat at 125mph with minor mods..

Flat 11's

YouTube - 2008 Corvette Z06 11.027 @ 125.66 Stock tires 12/3/08

10.74 on drag radials full stock Z06

YouTube - Ranger C6 Z06 10.74 129.50 Bone-Stock on Drag Radials

No it's not a joke....I race every week, sometimes twice a week and the only time I saw a Z06 go that fast he was shooting.

Most can't hook up.

I bet Lou went faster than you did yesterday......:smile:

I, for one, believe EVERYTHING I see written about video's posted on You Tube.:D

If someone wrote "bone stock" it's just gotta be the real deal.
I mean....look at the end of my signature for an example...;)

... thanks for the little white lie chicken and mike but i still don't believe it....

Hey!
What the...
Is that some kind of racist remark?
Did you call me a white liar?:mad:

Everybody knows I'm pink:redface:.....not white...:tongue:
:biggrin:

Harold....not sure what white lie you're referring to other than the one we told you where we said the car was suddenly making 25lbs of boost.
That one worked like a charm...:D
You dang near left skid marks leaving in your Honda and got home as fast as you could so you could post up a credit for yourself that you saved the day. That was freaking amazing!

Dude...sincerely...thanks for your help. I do appreciate that you were trying to help out, and I do respect the fact that you know more about these cars than I do...but...the hose clamp was not an issue and the no boost beyond 22-23 lbs problem still lives on.

If you can't believe that, then there's nothing further I can do to help you to. Not trying to start a shooting match between you and I because we seem to get along pretty good.

Also....to say Mike got 1/2 to 3/4 turn on the two head bolts he checked is a pretty strong exaggeration.
Did the wrench turn a tad?
Sure.
But it did not turn even a 1/4 turn before the TQ wrench popped and you need to bear in mind that a TQ wrench is not always actually turning the nut when it reaches the yield setting for the TQ value you're trying to reach.

It starts to give...and then....POP!
Sort of like a head gasket does when one repeatedly throws too much boost at it under too lean conditions...

It aint rocket surgery...or even brain science.
Dang!
I think I screwed that up...:rolleyes:

...It got kind of comical to tell a certain member something and see how long it'd take him to run in the other direction with it and spill his little secret.

Not once while I was on the Sheep master side did I spill his little secret to you guys and you know it...

Hey...I didn't say it was you...:eek:
Don't act so guilty!:D
People will get the wrong idea.
tsk, tsk, tsk....

You know...that's what the military interrogators look for when they're trying to isolate a potential perp or a leak.
They float somehting out there and wait for the first guy to scream "IT WASN'T ME!!!!....I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

He's the first guy on the water board for a chat session.:D

All I'm saying was that during all the hype up to this event, each side was floating a little info as a "secret" and then seeing how long it'd take for the lil' "secret" ....tee hee:p...to surface on the other side and it seemed like the bits that one person was getting from us were the bits that most often floated across and with the greatest speed.
You know.....just for fun....
Oh the laughs we had...:biggrin:

;) congrats to TIM chicken on his 11sec runs.

Thanks for the congrats, Harold.
Appreciate it.

Felt good to finally get a few "real" 11's under my belt on my first trip to the 1320.

Now that I've figured out how to launch the brick, If I go back to the track after solving the boost issue, I know I'll get under the 11.5 threshold.:D

All,
My sincere apology that the race of the decade didn't actually happen. There was a little mix-up in the staging lanes. The guy there kept changing how he was sending cars. Once it would be the cars side by side in the lanes and the next time it'd be the two next cars in the same staging lane.

Lou was in front of me in the same lane, and the guy sent him with a 67 Camaro. Lou rolled out into the right lane and I couldn't get the stagers attention....It was too late.

That run ended up being cursed cuz Lou had the clutch issue and the Camaro dropped it's drive line on the track when it tried to launch.

For those of you were betting on me.....the good news is my two eventual runs in the 11.6's trump Lou's 11.7.

So in the virtual match of ET's, I win, but he would have been reeling me in hot at the top of the track tho' with his 125mph to my 115mph.

Glad to see the old school guys who backed their talk, Mike, Ray, Reg, Rick ... :smile:
Sorry if I was disappointed for the 170 mile round trip for those who talked the talked but definitely dropped the ball... Good luck with the next 'attended' round. Remember the kid who cried wolf.

Harold I'm starting to get full of you again & what I wouldn't give for you to just disappear out of my life. No matter whats going on you have to interfere with it. You are genuinely nuts & that makes you scary & dangerous, I have known some sick people in my time & I know I have a few screws loose myself but damn do you need help.

Lou, did your views change AGAIN in the last week since you took him in your car for tuning... what is wrong with you ? This is never ending, please get professional help.

Oh the laughs we had...:biggrin:

The next laugh will be when nobody shows up for your next non event. I enjoyed the non Buick racing. Enjoyed seeing the old timers who actually did what they said.. go figure in todays SoCal climate... I enjoyed Ralph endless generosity.. maybe he could teach ya guys something.

You know, it wasn't like engraved invitations were sent out. I don't rememb er anybody calling me and expressly and implicitly asking me to go. I went because I wanted to go. I'm glad that I went, and I will probably go next time, too. It's not like we all sit around and take a vote and say, Oh good Lord, so & so's not here, what shall we do. If you don't or can't go next time, jeff, then that's the way that it will be and we will try and get by without you. There was great people, great food, and a great time was had by other than a few.

Gary your so 'tough' on here, if you have such an issue with me, please disregard us next time. I surely don't chase you down at any events anymore, if I don't tell you to F off, it is surely a courtesy to you.

I say please DO NOT show up ( williamsgn/ smokin6)

Gary your so 'tough' on here, if you have such an issue with me, please disregard us next time. I surely don't chase you down at any events anymore, if I don't tell you to F off, it is surely a courtesy to you.

your presents will NOT be missed,
did you see anyone jump up to greet you?
did you see anyone make a beeline to speak with you?
do you ever bring a turbo buick to an event?
maybe you should look around, how many there engaged you in a long conversation? ( be sides harold)

do us all a favor..... stick with harold, you two belong together,

now I suppose your going to threaten to beat up a 61 yr old fat guy?? LOL LOL LOL

No I talked to many more than you on your chair with the few that'd talk to you. You didn't understand what I said to you last, are you looking to try me. Be careful what you look for. I didn't see your car and this is the first I didn't bring mine to, so you are obviously confused again.. do you need me to come explain it to you ?

Jeff,
If all these turbo buick events are that disappointing, DON'T GO!

seriously dude. Is there anything in life that you don't bitch about.

It was a great day. Why are you trying so hard to piss on it, the people that enjoyed it, and this great thread?

Heck, even Nacho was able to have a great day after burning his hand.

I hope that what ever issues that you have in life, get sorted out, so you can some day interact with people on a constructive level.

Mike Barnard

Ya know, WilliamsGN...I'm struggling to put a face with your screen name...but your avatar is making perfect sense.
You appear to bray like a mule over the slightest disappointment.
I'm not sure what wild hair is up your down pipe, but....get over it....and find your happy place.

You're even spreading the drama into Andrews post about finally getting his car sold.

If I had a contract with you to make your day personally pleasing, then I'd sit back and let you blow all the hot air you want to at me.
Since there is no contract......pffffft....

I also didn't call you up and beg you to come watch.

I also didn't call Lou out for a race in order to make you personally happy.
Do I feel bad Lou and I didn't get to line up and show you guys some much anticipated action?
Absolutely!
Lou was pretty bummed too.

I have apologized that the line up didn't happen. There was very little Lou and I could have done to control the way the guy sent people to the line when he really was not paying attention to drivers....he was just pointing at cars and pushing them to the line. Maybe next time you can contribute something and stand over by the staging lanes and holler at the guy to line us up.

Another fact of racing is....cars break. A few in the Buick crowd had this misfortune to

If that's not good enough for you than stay home. I could care less really. The rest of us had some fun anyway and there seems to be two pre-madonnas on here creating a bunch of drama over not getting to see the red car and black car race against each other.

Bring you own car next time and run it then you won't feel so snotty about being personally let own.

I got 7 runs in and got the 11 second time slips I was after.
Thanks for being there to share the moment with me.
I feel so blessed.

Hey Spoolfool,

Did your neighbor by chance get any video of my last two runs?
I'd really like to see my run against that yellow 71 Olds 442 where I ran my 11.62.
That was a good race.
We launched about the same and then I slowly walked him down the track leaving him further and further behind.

It was a nice looking, sounding 442.

la invasion was great great to see everyone Ray, Rick Ralph, George,Reggie ,Lee,Nacho,Tim ,Mike,Luis,Mark...
congrats on your runs Meanchicken :smile:
i had fun on the cruise and the track , i started off with a 14.3@ 95 then with the help of Mark i ended the day with a 13.6 @ 103 on a stock Sy:cool:

killer food Ralph thanks again

la invasion was great great to see everyone Ray, Rick Ralph, George,Reggie ,Lee,Nacho,Tim ,Mike,Luis,Mark...
congrats on your runs Meanchicken :smile:
i had fun on the cruise and the track , i started off with a 14.3@ 95 then with the help of Mark i ended the day with a 13.6 @ 103 on a stock Sy:cool:

killer food Ralph thanks again

Good to see you too.:D
Thanks for the congrats. I appreciate it.

I agree...LA Invasion is an awesome event.:D
Thanks to the promoters for inviting the Turbo Buick crowd.