Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is the invoice from Kurtz. This is the list of items that had to be replaced since it was not done in the first place.

Untitled-1.jpg

Do you have a picture of the od carrier that was cracked as stated in the invoice?

id suggest every past freeman customer open up their "freeman built" trans!!!!!

Not to bash anyone but I did just what you suggested and there were some Major problems with Len's trannie that he built for me six months ago, Needless to say but after the rebuilt my trans now shifts beautiful and hard every time, Len did man up and said he would fix the trans for me but, to drive the car 300 miles and drop it off every time this happens was not very productive in my book so i decided to get someone locally to do the job. To keep it short and simple, there were 5 mistakes made on my trannie, one of them being a stripped bolt on the valve body :eek: , input drumm being out of round :eek:, the valve body wasnt synchronize right so it never shifted the way it is suppouse to in the 1st place, I also had 130psi at Idle in park which make for a constant slapping noise inside the pump setting off my knock sensor and a few other things that i rather keep to myself.. but with all that said len is a good stand up guy and he will stand behind his work and fix it for free if you approach him the right away, I am very amazed he hasn't replied to this thread to defend himself, lets wait and see but if my assumption is right he will ride it off and wait until this thread gets locked.

Not to bash anyone but I did just what you suggested and there were some Major problems with Len's trannie that he built for me six months ago, Needless to say but after the rebuilt my trans now shifts beautiful and hard every time, Len did man up and said he would fix the trans for me but, to drive the car 300 miles and drop it off every time this happens was not very productive in my book so i decided to get someone locally to do the job. To keep it short and simple, there were 5 mistakes made on my trannie, one of them being a stripped bolt on the valve body :eek: , input drumm being out of round :eek:, the valve body wasnt synchronize right so it never shifted the way it is suppouse to in the 1st place, I also had 130psi at Idle in park which make for a constant slapping noise inside the pump setting off my knock sensor and a few other things that i rather keep to myself.. but with all that said len is a good stand up guy and he will stand behind his work and fix it for free if you approach him the right away, I am very amazed he hasn't replied to this thread to defend himself, lets wait and see but if my assumption is right he will ride it off and wait until this thread gets locked.

DOH! :eek:

disco i think you need to take ur trans in a p/u truck to lens shop. meet him face to face! if ur not big get a big friend to go with u! disscuss your problem. if he does not comply fairly or any throw ur trans in the floor and start loading up anything of value of his. or bring a sheriff with you and explain to him what happened. if all else fails call the Better Bussiness Berau

Word of Mouth Advertising

I haven't seen this thread, nor do I know anyone involved. I am not a senior member nor do I have a lot of money to invest in neither of the two Buicks I own.
But as far as I can tell from this post, and personal experience with having a "pro" do anything for me, this Len guy isn't living up to his end of a niche bargain.
Most of the Turbo Buick vendors I have dealt with have been fair and honest. If the guy doesn't care that a certain percentage of Buick owners are a concerned with his business practices and openly discussing his reputation for building trannies, then that in itself is damaging.
I had a similar issue with a supposedly credible vendor. Got screwed, and learned a valuable lesson.

I am only pointing out that if this guy's reputation is being hammered and he doesn't care to respond then:
A: He doesn't care
B: The claim doesn't warrant his attention
C: He doesn't listen to friends, customers or future customers.

Any of these reason's tell me to never let a dollar of my money go to this guy. TB owners are a particular breed, a very good friend of mine had his GN jacked in ATL a couple years ago, he was the 3rd owner and had owned the car for about 10 yrs. People from this web site and another sent him parts for free. That says how much character the members of this site have.

Take what you want from this, but the whole reason for having an open forum is to allow everyone an opportunity to read, speak and leave with info.

85 T-Type and 87 WE4, spankin

KEEP THE THREAD ON TRACK! If your name isn't Len, or DiscoStu, Whiplash, or directly connected to this thread LEAVE YOUR NOSE OUT! Any of those guys feel free to bump it everyday.

Sorry Shane BUT what part of this post he made do you guys Not understand?

If it is not Len, or Disco Stu, or Whiplash stay out.

I also check the thread daily for updates and wish the best evolves out of this whole thing.

disco i think you need to take ur trans in a p/u truck to lens shop. meet him face to face! if ur not big get a big friend to go with u! disscuss your problem. if he does not comply fairly or any throw ur trans in the floor and start loading up anything of value of his. or bring a sheriff with you and explain to him what happened. if all else fails call the Better Bussiness Berau
Tempting if I were 15 years younger and terribly irresponsible. True justice would not be served if we lowered ourselves to such a level as to compromise our own integrity...just can't do it! Wild West days are over and while your enthusiastic idea is entertaining, it's just not plausible or right.....

josephsockwell said:
......Take what you want from this, but the whole reason for having an open forum is to allow everyone an opportunity to read, speak and leave with info.
Joseph, I do appreciate your response, most especially the above quoted portion.....and while I honestly couldn't agree with you more, I will reluctantly honor the wishes of the admins of this site and not participate much in the way of open discourse between parties outside Stu and myself while in this thread.

The above considered, if someone has something that is directly related to this ordeal or very similar circumstances they have endured, I would like to hope the admins would be accepting of it, so long as the statement was worded in an objective manner.

Otherwise, not much in the way of updates.....Stu and I are focused on Noble at this point and will discuss our ideas further while enjoying some time with with guys from around the Buick community!!!!

No, I "haven't been to small claims court much", and sincerely hope to maintain that track record. For all I know, you may be correct. I can be as forthcoming as the next guy when I admit that we may not have all that it will take to win a court case. Quite honestly, we never even considered the possibility of anything like this happening, much less with Len Freeman, a renown and very much respected contributor to the entire Buick community. For our assumption in the form of no preface prior to our build request from Len and our lack of concern when the tranny arrived with no invoice, we may be out our $2,500. In that case, as was stated earlier, all we are left with might be an expensive "learning experience".

From the way some of these members are questioning you,it sounds like they are attorneys and you are already in court.I would bet if you took it to court,the other party would not show and you would win automatically!!!!!

And here is the invoice from Kurtz. This is the list of items that had to be replaced since it was not done in the first place.

Untitled-1.jpg

I do not think you will be sorry.To bad it did not get sent to Kurtz to begin with.I had Mike build me one 6 years ago,it has well over 200 low 11 second passes with no problems at all,he did the Stage 2 build with the billet drum.Mike is a GOOD,HONEST builder and I'm sure there are a few others.

TLIMITED said:
I do not think you will be sorry.To bad it did not get sent to Kurtz to begin with.I had Mike build me one 6 years ago,it has well over 200 low 11 second passes with no problems at all,he did the Stage 2 build with the billet drum.Mike is a GOOD,HONEST builder and I'm sure there are a few others.
That's EXCELLENT news...we definitely hope for the same luck!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!!

QUESTION...directed to moderator, administrator, or anyone else in charge of this thread....

It has been clearly stated that Len IS NOT A VENDOR on this site...Given that, it clearly states in the rules, that if you are not a PAYING vendor your thread will get moved or deleted. Why was this thread made a sticky under VENDOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? Shouldn't it be under feedback????

Whats the difference? This is as good a place as any.

Sorry Shane BUT what part of this post he made do you guys Not understand?

If it is not Len, or Disco Stu, or Whiplash stay out.

I also check the thread daily for updates and wish the best evolves out of this whole thing.

This has also been stated:wink:

All I Can Say Is Wow .....i Dont Det Why Noone Else Has Contacted Len Or Asked Him What The Deal Is With This Situation And Told Everyone What Became Of It Does Noone Live Near His Shop? Since Everyone Is Worried All It Takes Is Another Person Un Involved To Confront Him And Tell The Results.....no Brains No Headaches Lol!!

Thats weird i now know why another post someone typed came out looking like that if you type in all caps it caps the first letter in every word....Strange

All I Can Say Is Wow .....i Dont Det Why Noone Else Has Contacted Len Or Asked Him What The Deal Is With This Situation And Told Everyone What Became Of It Does Noone Live Near His Shop? Since Everyone Is Worried All It Takes Is Another Person Un Involved To Confront Him And Tell The Results.....no Brains No Headaches Lol!!
Would be nice if it were that easy, but I think people are both afraid of confrontation as well as weary of becoming involved for fear of repercussion.....However, I do wish someone would do the same. Thanks for the interest.

QUESTION...directed to moderator, administrator, or anyone else in charge of this thread....

It has been clearly stated that Len IS NOT A VENDOR on this site...Given that, it clearly states in the rules, that if you are not a PAYING vendor your thread will get moved or deleted. Why was this thread made a sticky under VENDOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? Shouldn't it be under feedback????

I meant to move it to FEEDBACK a while back... I had forgotten it wasn't until mentioned. It has gone to far for that now....

Like I have stated many times, if he was a vendor it wouldn't make anything different...

Status
Not open for further replies.