Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, give-aways don't get this many posts...

Again, PLEASE keep the personal attacks out... No need of other members fighting and name calling each other over a situation like this. It is here for all to see, but IMO the arguement if any should be between the involved parties only...

If not, walk away and chalk it up as a learning experienece.
I can't believe you said that.

im frustrated that you guys are calling me out basically, and not only in this thread, i saw another comment about a "20 year old builder" in the other len freeman thread, so i can only interpret that as being me.
just ignore stupid ship like that. Some guys whir born knowing everything about everything.

I thought I had Trans issues. I called my Trans guy he ANSWERED THE PHONE AND TALKED TO ME and now I am happy again and he rebuilt another Trans for a family member.

And even after it has been explained to you numerous times you keep coming in posting "You should have just shipped it even though he no longer took your phone calls and the people answering the phone said he doesn't work there anymore. You still should have just shipped. All would be fine if you would have just shipped it to him. He would have fixed it if you would have just shipped it" :rolleyes:
The little pissin match between us is over sully! Call yourself right if that will make you feel better.. :rolleyes:

There are some of us who were simply trying to figure this crap out because there are only one sided storys going on here. Several things were said and had some "mistakes" pointed out! which was good. Thats what we were trying to get at seeing this has and probably will be one sided. Don W./ Otto P are here also to figure this out better.

Thats all SULLY, Have a nice day! :smile:

Originally Posted by JOHNDEEREGN View Post
If not, walk away and chalk it up as a learning experienece.

I can't believe you said that.

wait till your in the real world for a while .. I have an $800 wheelbarrow here. Electrician disappeared . this was back years ago when wheelbarrows were $40. :eek: Learning experiences are a way of life.

The little pissin match between us is over sully! Call yourself right if that will make you feel better.. :rolleyes:

There are some of us who were simply trying to figure this crap out because there are only one sided storys going on here. Several things were said and had some "mistakes" pointed out! which was good. Thats what we were trying to get at seeing this has and probably will be one sided. Don W./ Otto P are here also to figure this out better.

Thats all SULLY, Have a nice day! :smile:

Hey Scott,

Not trying to get into a pissing match with you or be right. I guess I was trying to make a point that we all understand you think he should of shipped it regardless of the phone conversations. It is your opinion and you are free to have whatever opinion you want so there is no way for me to be "right".

Seems like the consensus from the tranny experts is: It isn't how they would have built a tranny for an 9 sec car and there had to be something wrong with the build that was done to burn stuff up that quickly.

I also think we learned there was no crack in the drum like originally thought.

Is that your take?

Forget about the unit having a pressure problem or internal defect, but baised on your observation, what should he have been charged in your opinion?

Being that I run a shop in San Diego, it's going to be different than someone rebuilding transmissions out of their barn in the farm lands of America, but I would have charged maybe 1600 for what I think I know about the unit at this point.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what the total parts list was like. I still have no idea what servo was used. A Sonnax servo is pretty pricey.

Being that I run a shop in San Diego, it's going to be different than someone rebuilding transmissions out of their barn in the farm lands of America, but I would have charged maybe 1600 for what I think I know about the unit at this point.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what the total parts list was like. I still have no idea what servo was used. A Sonnax servo is pretty pricey.

Contrary to popular belief, we hicks and hillbillies from the farm lands of America don't all have barns, and there are real transmission shops around also :rolleyes:

Im very close to locking this thread. Keep it up.

That's not how we elitist CSI experts on the West Coast see it. :eek: :rolleyes:

Maybe the CSI forensics team can do some testing and ask for some close up detailed pictures of Len's telephone. :eek: :biggrin:

Maybe all us internet experts can determine if it's working or NOT. :eek:

Probably had a gold plated tranny pan $$$ on it to go along with the $$$ servo. :rolleyes:

So what did y'all get for 9 second trannies from Len, what kind of paperwork, what was in them, and how much it cost ya? :confused:

Let's get some good information maybe it will help out one of the parties in small or large claims court. :cool:

All the Judge is gonna need to see to ask a few questions is the credit card bill for $2500.

Like what do you normally provide for that price? :eek:

Maybe it was the shippin'. :rolleyes:

Contrary to popular belief, we hicks and hillbillies from the farm lands of America don't all have barns, and there are real transmission shops around also :rolleyes:

I was just trying to get the point across that some have more overhead than others. It was not a slam on anyones technical abilities to rebuild transmissions.

I hope you didn't take my comment personally. If you did, and I get the impression you did, I'm sorry.

HOLD ON, do turn us into the bad guys and do not throw smack at Admin for doing there job. I ASKED NICELY FOR EVERYONE TO CHILL OUT!

Why are so many people fighting over this?? I 100% have no problem with a problem being posted. I have said 3 or 4 times, keep it to the involved parties!

I have said it before and I will say it again, UNTIL LEN posts or replies somehow this is all retarted for everyone to keep fighting someone else's battle like this. This is just crazy IMO!

We have tried to stay out of this. However this board will not let this trash talk continue. If it does the thread will be locked! Don't blame us, if it gets locked!

Man, I just cant believe some of the posts here! Len is GUILTY until he speaks up PERIOD That is MY Opinion & I stand by it. I had Brian Hoffer do my tranny for the same kinda money & something small broke at the track. He is fixing it & upgrading anything he feels needs done & its FREE!! Guess what he actually TALKS to me & responds to my questions etc etc. So until Len speaks up I vote GUILTY Who cares what small claims says. I hope he loses ALL his Buick Business off the boards! He deserves it!!

That's not how we elitist CSI experts on the West Coast see it. :eek: :rolleyes:

If my comment somehow offended you also, I apologize.

Dang, you guys are sensitive. And I thought all the sensitive people were supposed to be in Cali.

We should all just calm down and wait to see what Len says. Like I already mentioned, there is always two sides to the story.

Why are so many people fighting over this??
People are passionate about wrong doing and their perception of wrong doing. To a large extent, it's good to see such feverish posts as it adds a certain amt of legitimacy to this thread as a whole. However, I do agree that some members have degraded the thread as a whole to a degree that is no longer helpful to the topic at hand. Unfortunately, it's difficult to keep such a hot topic on course without falter......

We should all just calm down and wait to see what Len says. Like I already mentioned, there is always two sides to the story.

Well said.
This has been a most interesting thread to follow. I will say that too many pot stirrers are tossing in their 2 cents.....

" We should all just calm down and wait to see what Len says. Like I already mentioned, there is always two sides to the story. "

Obviously there were MANY OTHER sides to the story or you wouldn't have posted about a page of questions, and waited for pictures and answers to them and offered the play by play commentary. :rolleyes:

The assessment of small claims success or failure was wrong, as well, and the posts gave nothing but a negative impression of the original posters as it attempted to progress. They don't have an easy case but they have one if they can show they paid him $2500 and can prove what you reasonably would get in a typical $2500 transmission.

I hope the cross-examination continues when Len decides to post up a reply but somehow I doubt that's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

I think the original posters wanted nothing more than to wait for Len to tell his side of the story, or better yet to answer his phone. :rolleyes:

Remember? :eek: :p

Why anyone couldn't just wait for Len to reply in the first place is beyond me.

Regardless of the merits even contained in the first post, if the real CSI team were impartial they'd be looking and working on BOTH sides of the story.

It appears the original story hasn't been altered much in the 8 pages. :rolleyes:

I'm not sensitive, and not gonna pay $1600 for a cheesy almost stock tranny either. :eek: :biggrin:

People are passionate about wrong doing and their perception of wrong doing. To a large extent, it's good to see such feverish posts as it adds a certain amt of legitimacy to this thread as a whole. However, I do agree that some members have degraded the thread as a whole to a degree that is no longer helpful to the topic at hand. Unfortunately, it's difficult to keep such a hot topic on course without falter......

You are right, and the really unfortunate part is we have to keep it on course. It still puzzles me why a debate can not be had on a civilized level of conversation. Name calling, mud slinging, etc... proves nothing and is a waste of bandwidth and expelled energy typing letters!

Status
Not open for further replies.