LC2 Outlaw 275 radial class idea?

plowboy72

Anything you can put a buick LC2 power plant in with 275 radials bring it. Since seeing the success of X275 or ultimate street this sounds like fun. Anybody else think so?

Anything you can put a buick LC2 power plant in with 275 radials bring it. Since seeing the success of X275 or ultimate street this sounds like fun. Anybody else think so?

Might as well put Don C on the trophy.:eek:

Great idea...

I agree on the Don:D

A fox body with an LC2 done right would be mighty nazty too:cool:

See this kinda stuff would be a cool idea. Who knows though. To many people would probably be either opposed or complain about the rules. Maybe even make it stock style suspension.

I would absolutly love this.

perfect for a hybrid who generally only runs 275 and smaller tires.

step it up, make it a pump gas, street legal ruled class.

where do we sign up?:biggrin:

A.j.

A 3000lb Foxbody coupe with a TSO motor like Cruz's could easily run 7.70's-7.50's on 275's!

But for now, yeah just give Cruz the trophy!

Well this would just be a fun class I think and maybe it would surprise some people with what these little 6's can do.

Needs to be a pump gas alky only class. No weight limit, Turbo limited. Maybe call it LC2 limited street.

Make it a 93 octane only class with all the rules of THS except any street drag radial no size limit, any turbo and any displacement. The racer must get 17 gallons of fuel in his/her car. If you cant get in the 17 gallons you cant race. No alky. Force them to make power with low boost and get the cars to work out of the hole. Or an anything goes stock turbo class. The way LC2 Outlaw 275 radial class was originally posted you are looking at a class more expensive than TSO. No weight limit is a joke also. Someone will come in with a gutted and tubbed 280z and clean house

Imo any class that has the word "street" in it should be a street worthy car. Have a mandatory 50 mile cruise. That will change some things. Call it LC2 real street and require 93 octane only, no alky.

you are probably right my friend. Probably will just sell my Buick and build myself a grudge car. I really think its to difficult to build a class anyway. I am getting old and will enjoy going faster at my own pace rather than trying to keep up with class racing. It was just a thought, should learn to keep my ideas to myself lol.

Imo any class that has the word "street" in it should be a street worthy car. Have a mandatory 50 mile cruise. That will change some things. Call it LC2 real street and require 93 octane only, no alky.

Ahhh, a man after my own heart! I often thought how cool it would be to have a straight 93 pump gas only class. No alky, no additives, no N2O, nothing! It's so easy to safely run upwards of 22# of boost on straight 93, it wouldn't exactly be a slow class.