latest project thought I would share

ct67_72

My brother wanted to turbo his truck, so I said what the hell. 4x4 91 toyota with a 22re, figured it couldnt be to hard, even did it on a 1000$ budget. started on it this morning heres what happened so far,
P1020121.jpg

P1020122.jpg

P1020124.jpg

P1020125.jpg

P1020128.jpg

P1020132.jpg

P1020134.jpg

not bad for a days work, everything was built by me and tig welded. its a garrett t3, cheap intercooler, mustang fmu, ARC blow off valve, aem uego and other gauges. its setup as a top mount intercooler like a subaru and Im hoping a wrx scoop with cover the part of the intercooler that is higher than the hood. there is NO room in this thing and it was the only option.
I have never seen one intercooled and Im sure for this reason, so maybe this is the first. Enjoy
100_1140.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't think your hidden sharpie nitrous bottle is large enough

Attachments

• P1020134 sharpie nitrous.jpg
    P1020134 sharpie nitrous.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 209
P1020124.jpg

Where did you get this manifold? Or is it stock?

Looks cool. I'd like to drop in a turbo 2.3 from a Mustang/Thunderbird into a Ranger. :cool:

thanks, Ill have to hide the sharpie a little better.
the manifold is from some guy I found online, he sells them on e-bay every once in a while, and guarantees them for life, very nice piece. I really diddnt want to take the time to build one.

My uncle has one of the factory turbo'd trucks and it moves pretty good. Couldnt you just use the set up from one of them? They are probably getting harder to find now days.

I looked into it and decided it wasnt the route I wanted to take. they use an odd turbo with a proprietary exhaust flange so you have ot use a factory manifold and I diddnt want to be limited. and the parts are not cheap. I got everything done on this including an aem uego for 1100$