Latest E-85 times... Does Gabby hold the 109 block record???

jasjamz

THS Racer
Gabby Rojas went to a 1/4 mile track today. Had strong head winds but still ran "okay":p Down 2 mph out back but that could be the head winds.
1.43 60ft
6.07 1/8th
113 mph
9.53@141.5 mph 1/4 mile
Backed it up with a 9.52 pass.
I didn't get and more info because I was at a family dinner and couldn't spend much time on the phone. A search will find his combo minus a few secrets in the for sale section and the video section. I believe this sets the stock 109 block in a Buick record!

That is hauling...
Are you asking if this is the 109 stock block record or the 109 stock block on e85 record?
Jason White went 8.81 in BG on the 109 stock block last weekend.
I want to try some e85 when I get my car lined out.

Bryan

109 On E-85, I was in BG and saw J.White and John P. making what I believe is their best runs to date also. These guys are really raising the bar across the board.

I was there as well. So many people there that I did not get to meet. I was at the tent with Don Cruz, Jason White, Patrick (Slo GN ), JD and Clint

Bryan

Is Gabby still running a stock crank? Maybe its a record for a stock crank.

Congrats Gabby,

The car is hauling the mail and then some extra packages to boot. I mean that literally. I was at the track yesterday with Gabby and he has so much "junk" in the trunk of the car that it makes what he runs even more impressive. He had an easy extra 75 lbs of stuff in the car. When I told him lets take all that out, he just said, NAH this is how I drive the car on the street so its no problem to run it this way at the track. Impressive is an understatement. I am in the process of becoming an E85 convert.

Regards,
Shev

Is block girdled, or fancy main caps......Im assuming forged pistons......That is definitely flying on stock block, with stock crank......

Is block over .020.....overbore??????

Very impressive

What is Gabbys handle on the board here...

Yes a girdle and forged pistons. He doesn't post on the board. He's not done yet, still finding power in the car from tuning and addressing minor issues.

jasjamz said:
Yes a girdle and forged pistons. He doesn't post on the board. He's not done yet, still finding power in the car from tuning and addressing minor issues.

That is sick!! Congrats

jasjamz said:

Modded ECM and who's chip? Aftermarket ECU? I have to get bigger injectors, probably 120's. I am thinking about aftermarket ECM. May have to sell off my stuff.

jasjamz said:

Modded ECM and who's chip? Aftermarket ECM?

I have maxed my 80# and need bigger. Probably 120s. Thinking about going to aftermarket ECM. Gonna have to start selling things off from my current setup!!!

Street car or only race? How is his idle?
Street car, still has the A/C working too. They idle around 1000. I have convinced mine to idle at like 975. Gabby uses a fender dump so all his youtube videos sound uncapped. Click his name in my signature to see one. I follow his advice and have only begun to tamper with the chip features. Its quite an amazing chip and so easy to use.