Korea short tour

HandsomeSam

SammyTurbo
Still 7 more months to go in Korea tour, my daughter first but man I miss playing with my Buick. Have'nt been on the forums in awhile because it just makes me miss my cars, even my Explorer. Don't get me wrong I am have having a blast here, maybe part of the problem lol, now I spend my weekends living it up instead of chilling in the garage with beer and a buddy or two tinkering with our cars.

This goes to any of my military brothers that have been here before; Songtan Sally says "Wanna Gooooo?"

Hmmm.
7 Months. That's just over 200 days to think about what mods your going to do to it when you get home. What's done to it so far? Have you ran it at the track? Where's your home town? Thanks for your service.

Mike Barnard
US ARMY
84-87

This goes to any of my military brothers that have been here before; Songtan Sally says "Wanna Gooooo?"

LOL...Soju, OB beer, and the flower lady...I miss Osan sometimes, those were some of the best times in my AF career.

After 6 months time flies by pretty quick. At least you're having fun because if not it'll feel painfully slow. I remember the guys that bitched about being at Osan the most were the ones that didn't do anything on the weekends.o_O

Hmmmmm... Korea. Many fun times there! At least, those times I remember from being there were good. ;) Have fun brother. Be safe and dont spend all your "car parts" money on drinks or the girls that come with them. :)

Enjoy your time there. Make sure to visit Seoul if you haven't already done so. Also check out the Electronics Super Market (I can't remember exactly what they called)--- all of the craziest audio/visual goodies made...

Make sure you take lots of pics and some video... You'll miss it when you're gone.

BTW, I missed my Buick when I was there and about a month before I came home I was told that my Buick had been stolen. (apparently 2 weeks into my tour- parents were afraid to tell me...) :( (Moral of the Story? Make sure the car is in a safe place and FULLY insured.) Not meant to scare you but to make sure someone else doesn't have to go through what I did.

Havent done a whole lot of mods to it, few things here and there, switched out the the brake boost pump, kirban LED on the speedo, backseat braces the because its a t-top and few other minor things. I bought it with a rebuilt motor and bigger, but stock appearing turbo. I don't really race it to much, seemed like everytime I did some new problem would pop up, plus being a t-top. I have entered in a few shows, and placed in all. Just before I left I was having an electrical problem, had it before and had it solved for a awhile but came back after I messed with speedo bulbs, and that's how I had to leave it because my buddy had tow it and I had to go to Korea. He runs it up for once and awhile but it's running on battery right now. No biggie though I'm going to Tucson after Korea and I got a Buick buddy there that knows these cars pretty good, he was mentor when I had my 86 T-type.

Nice...
AZ is home to some very good Turbo Buick people. Nice tracks too.:cool:

Mike B.

OB Mak ju chu seyo??? headache in a bottle....lol

I feel your pain, let me put it into prospective for ya.

I put my Grey TR in mothballs last month, sold my GN....

Just started a long tour in Japan, like my report date is today, well it is already the 10th over here.... ha ha

Enjoy your time in Korea, after you retire you will be missing these days my brother, good luck.

BT

I was just there last week, i was in seoul for a few days, did the DMZ tour, then we flew to Busan for the Day, Then australia for a few days then honolulu. Im still not sleeping good from the time change. We did the Itawon market a couple times too. Also went to a brazillion steak house where there were two table full of Military personal and one of the Kids recieved an award from there superior officer. I thought that was pretty cool. Good luck over there.