87 GN t-top wanted

mike_stahl2000

Hi, I have been watching this site for a while and learning. My neighbor bought a 87 GN t-top when I was 15 and I fell in love with it and I have been hooked ever since. And I am now 35. Of course watching black air didn't help matters much. I read another thread a guy posted and it sounded like me, well except the whole bio chemist thing. I've been playing with Harley's for a while. And I think it's time to move on. I have a wife and kids so the car would make a little more sence than a bike. Can't exactly load them all up on the bike for the local car shows. So I am selling my road king and looking to get a 87 GN t-top car. Stock to mild mods are fine. No v8 cars or anything like that. Mileage doesn't really matter as I can't afford a super low mileage car anyway. I am in the Rhode Island area and willing to travel to a certain extent. The military takes up a lot of my time during the week and some weekends. So I'm not always able to just run out and go look at a car right away so I may bug you for close ups of any dents dings or rust issues. So if anyone has any leads or better yet a GN they want to pass on please let me know. Thank you. Mike

You might want to post your price range.
Additionally, are you only wanting an 87 GN with t-tops?
Or, would you consider an 86GN with t-tops?
Or, T-types with t-tops?
Or, maybe a T-type with an astroroof or a hard top?
Console shift or column shift?

There's lots of options available.

Last edited:
Thank you, probably a good idea. Lol. I have $13k to play with. I know I'm not going to get show quality for that, but that's all I have. If you are to far away, shipping will have to come off the top of that. Only looking for a 87 t-top. No 86 cars, no t-types, no hard top or astro roofs. No all out caged up drag cars or sever changes to what makes it a GN like v8 motors and what not. Looking for a stocker. Mild mods would be ok like turbo swaps and what not. Thanks for heads up. Mike

LOL, sounds kinda like me. I have a GN I am playing a bit with, far from mint or low mile. just a daily driver when weather permits. Just got back into it after selling the one I bought brand new in 87 ( got married & bought a house in 89 so the car went ) after paying off house and raising 2 kids I am back into it. But I am thinking of selling my 68 Formula S Barracuda , so I should have about $20,000 to play with in April or May if plans work out. I have been watching the cars for sale here, and not a lot showing up yet. I figure in the spring there might be a flood of them, but at higher prices. I will be looking for either a low mile ( under 50,000) GN, or a white T Top slightly modified. But it is fun dreaming anyways. Lots of beautiful and fast cars on here.. Dave , Ontario, Canada.

P.S. I was drooling over gnmaster2004 white T !

Yeah it has been a dream for many years, and I am the type of person that once I take a interest in something I make it a goal to learn everything I can about it, so I have a ton of ideas that keep me up at night that I would like to do to one. So I am hoping I can find one I can afford that's not beat to hell and make it a reality. At least the wife is on board, so that's a plus. And I hope your plans work out as well. The best thing is this community on this forum. I will have a ton of go to guys. They all seem like a great bunch and I don't think I will ever have a problem I can't solve with some of the expertise on this forum. Good luck to ya. Mike

Thanks Mike, good luck to you as well. There is a lot more to choose from out your way. They are scarce as hell around here. Very rarely do you ever see one driving around, and parts , forget it. Non existent pretty much. I have been playing with the fox Mustangs the last couple of years, lots of those around still and a huge market for the parts. I have made quite a bit flipping them and parting out the rusty ones. But the GN is going to be a bigger challenge, but worth it. Dave.

Hey Mike,
I have a very nice 87 GN t-top that has decent paint nice interior motor built by Anderson performance
Everything works cold air cruise nice sound system car needs nothing get in and drive it anywhere
Asking $15,000 but that is negotiable
I have way over $20,000 in upgrades
You will not have to do anything to this GN This car is very fast dyno over 500hp at flywheel
Give me a call if you would like more detailed info about car. Located in Maryland
Steve 410-596-0850

I have one as well. Located in FL. Might be willing to part with it. Check out my signature. PM me if interested

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a turbo t for sale. Much rarer than GN, only 1547 made and much lighter from the factory as well.