KIRBAN PERFORMANCE OPEN HOUSE - SATURDAY - APRIL 12, 2014 - 2014

phillyturbosix

Staff member
With this mess of a winter we have been having, I'm trying to find any light at the end of the tunnel! Mark your calendars!
cheers.gif

KIRBAN PERFORMANCE OPEN HOUSE - SATURDAY - APRIL 12, 2014 - 2014 - RAIN or SHINE - 9 am until 3 pm

We will have our usual program, including a freshly prepared lunch by chef Russ and Nancy doing all the cooking. Our usual M & M contest, a no reserve auction, Free Yum Yum donuts in the AM with coffee. Special sale prices and new products will be on display.

CONFIRMED VENDORS & GUESTS - Chris’ Custom Apparel, who has a full line of Turbo Buick clothing will be set up. Pete Hoffman will have parts for sale, and I will also have used parts for sale (known as the "tagged and bagged" sale items). Coming for the first time is Bruce Shaw - a lawyer and accountant specializing in Collector Car Fraud. Terry Shaw specializes in collector car appraisals and insurance claims will also be there.

More information will follow later this Spring. This is one of the first major events of 2014 for the Turbo Regal owner. Don't miss it.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/

MAGNA will also do a "caravan to Kirban's" all are welcome! We will meet at the K-Mart on Street Road in Bensalem, PA. just off I95. We will leave at 8am SHARP heading up Street road to make a right on 611 then following that to Kirban's! Feel free to join us in our caravan to Kirban's! We usually have 20 plus turbo Buick's in the caravan and scare the hell out of the people along the way! :)

Kirban Update:

The date is fast approaching....there will be two seminars at our event one by Terry Shaw on insurance appraisals and for the first time his brother Bruce Shaw wil be attending and his speciality is collector car fraud and he will do a seminar on those issues.

Our no reserve auction wil be expanded and feature several unique items.

Spool fool has donated one of his one piece rear fillers and his pair of front fillers for our raffle. That works out to be about a $650 prize value up for grabs.

The YumYum donuts are ordered.

This event happens rain or shine and features a full course barbeque luncheon prepared by Chef Russ and Nancy. I learned awhile ago turbo buick owners love to eat.

We will have our headlite upgrade kit on special for just $100 normally $129.95 bets to call and reserve a set.

While I type this I still can't see any part of our lawn as its snow covered still.

We willl have several new items on display including the refurbished upgraded lower steering shafts with the metal joints that is superior to your original rag joint format and better than a 20 year old Jeep shaft. These shafts are 8- to 10 years newer and are GM and come out of vehicles that the shaft was encased in a rubber boot so they look brand new!

Several major motels are located about 25 mins from our shop in Quakertown including Comfort Suits and Holiday Inn Express located both in Quakertown, PA. If you never been to one of our events your missing a great time....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Held at our shop at 6201 kellers church road, plumsteadville, pa 18949

Pictures?:)
How many Turbo Buicks?

Mike B.

Had to be the biggest yet! Wow! The weather here is mid 70's beautiful sunny skies! We had 20 in the caravan alone going to Kirban's! 20 turbo Buick's taking up the 2 lane highway! 45 min ride. Was a site to see all those cars together just rolling! I was loving the look on people's faces as 20 turbo Buick's roll down this busy section of road, some with dump tubes open just rumbling along. People on the sides shopping going along with their day and seeing that site to see! I think he wound up over 50 turbo Buick's there! TTA, TY, some T's, Limiteds all in all an awesome day!

Huge thanks goes out to Dennis Kirban for putting this together and running this event. It is an event not to miss! Thanks for the give away filler Mister Mike Spoolfool!! Someone walked away with a huge smile on their face when they won that door prize! :) I didn't get a chance to take a ton of pics but as I see them uploaded here and there I'll link them back here. Awesome Awesome day! I had the 86 out and I didn't want to go home! Astro roof open, rolling along, and thumbs up at every traffic light. It really don't get any better then that!

See!
I told you guys that I'd put some good old California sun shine in the box with those bumper fillers. :D

Big congrats to Dennis and everyone who went.

Now can we see some pictures?:p

Mike B.

Kmart

The drive

Kirban's (I'll post more later)

A little fun in a sun by Jim Dunn in my WE4

X2 thank you Dennis for a great event to drive out to even it wasn't in a tb.. stupid Yankees game just let out as i was driving thru the Bronx so sat in that mess for a good while, but there is some beautiful country between Dennis' place and the main roads in nj, even drove thru a covered bridge.. who had the fluorescent green " novice driver" sticker on the trunk lid of their gn? Hilarious..NCM_0008.JPG

^^^^^ I took a pic of the GN under that very same bridge last year, it is pretty cool. I am going to HAVE to wake my a$$ up super early one day and make that caravan.

Had a great time yesterday even without the Buick got my Spoolfool rear fillers (the Audi in the picture is mine it's black V6 with power adder) thanks to Dennis and his crew can't wait till next year

That's what I like to see..nothing but Buicks!
Cool pictures, thanks LIVE4RDO and Undercover87T.

Last edited:
Kirban here....

Here are the numbers:

Weather as it has been posted was picture perfect not even any wind.

The variety of food was terrific as everyoine can agree with.

Russ and Nancy and the crew fed over 250 people.

Car cont was between 55-65 including a 2014 Corvette and 2 Turbo Trans Ams.

Seminars by both Bruce Shaw on collector car auction fraud and Twerry Shaw his brother on importance of having your car properly appraised.

Richard Clark and his new Jack Russell was there.

People from Canada, New England area, Ohio, Illinois to name a few states.

If you get my weekly inner circle (which is free) photos will be posted in there this week. Inner Circle goes out every Wednesday around 3 pm to members.

If you do not receive it email me denniskirban@yahoo.com so you can be added to it. Its tough to beat something that is free.

It is really amazing all the events we have done going back to the first one at our old house in 1988 when GTOs outnumbered the turbo regals we have only had rain once.

The biggest events were the 2 day events at the airbase in the early 1990s....One even t I counted 98 Grand Nationals bumper to bumper just Grand Nationals alone. Airbase security can't be beat as people where able to leave there cars on the base overnite. The one year we even had the banquet in one of the aircraft hangers and a helicopter was in the back area of the same hanger.

All memories now for many of the attendees as the base has been torn down.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On the shows at the base we had Molly there both tmes, Davy Jones of the Monkees one year for the GTO crowd and John Buc Wilkins other time lead singer and who wrote the song GTO that was a major hit in 1964. His group was Ronny and the Daytonas...

Dennis, did you at one time have a show at a car dealership near Royersford? I remember going to a rather large Buick show at a dealership probably around 1995.

Dennis, did you at one time have a show at a car dealership near Royersford? I remember going to a rather large Buick show at a dealership probably around 1995.

Actually that event was done by Darrell Reigle who at one time did a printed newsletter like I did..he actually came to our event Saturday I may have spelled his name wrong. He did several events I believe. I was a lot younger then.

denniskirban@yahoo.com