Just had my GN Stolen

Wes: This article is exactly what I suggested. Definitely on the cheap, and it's accurate as well. Boos Mobile phones are dirt-cheap and do the job well. I used Accu-tracking in the past, and it works great, and inexpensive.

Wes: This article is exactly what I suggested. Definitely on the cheap, and it's accurate as well. Boos Mobile phones are dirt-cheap and do the job well. I used Accu-tracking in the past, and it works great, and inexpensive.
I thought it was, i just had a hard time imagining it before reading the article. I'll probably do the cell phone, it doesn't have to have a clear view of the sky like some of the other gps trackers, plus its way cheaper. Like you said haha

Just want to say as someone who has personally bothered the original poster at work about this car, that it isn't uncommon for someone to wander into his office and ask about his Buick.

It is parked in a very open area on a busy street and whoever stole it is a brazen idiot.

As grumpy as many GN owners are, it is awesome how tight the community is. My buddy at work told me that the folks at RJC told him that a GN was stolen from the front of somebody's work in (North) Little Rock. I immediately knew who it was.

I hope they find the car. NLR police are decent, and living in a relatively small area makes it seem more likely that the car will be spotted.

I will keep my eyes open. I drive from Pine Bluff to Little Rock daily and get out to Memphis every other week. I drive about 3k miles a month in this area. My eyes are trained to spot G-Body cars and I know yours.

Hopefully it isn't sitting on 24" wheels with a Skittles theme paint job. That will make it more difficult to spot.

You make me feel like I need better insurance...maybe that is your game!

Just want to say as someone who has personally bothered the original poster at work about this car, that it isn't uncommon for someone to wander into his office and ask about his Buick.

It is parked in a very open area on a busy street and whoever stole it is a brazen idiot.

As grumpy as many GN owners are, it is awesome how tight the community is. My buddy at work told me that the folks at RJC told him that a GN was stolen from the front of somebody's work in (North) Little Rock. I immediately knew who it was.

I hope they find the car. NLR police are decent, and living in a relatively small area makes it seem more likely that the car will be spotted.

I will keep my eyes open. I drive from Pine Bluff to Little Rock daily and get out to Memphis every other week. I drive about 3k miles a month in this area. My eyes are trained to spot G-Body cars and I know yours.

Hopefully it isn't sitting on 24" wheels with a Skittles theme paint job. That will make it more difficult to spot.

You make me feel like I need better insurance...maybe that is your game!
Thanks for keeping a sharp eye out for my GN. It really was a striking car and I would say I have had between 50-100 people walk into my office and ask if that car was for sale in the last 10 years. Also each time I stopped for gas it was same. No info about car.

Hard to believe they cannot find the guy that we have his phone and photo.

Every time this post updates, I check to see if the car has been found.

Sorry to see that it hasn't yet.

The few times we have taken the GN on hot rod road trips, I always hide my phone somewhere in the car, then use my wife's iphone to locate it if need be. Now I have a work iPhone, so it can double as my tracer if needed...ideas for those that may not drive theirs much, I certainly never leave mine unattended or out of my sight for more than a few minutes unless it does have a tracer in it at a hotel, or its locked in my alarmed garage.
If you had the phone the guy dropped, and it was unlocked, I would have immediately called my phone with it to get his number. I've had dealings with a lazy police after a home burglary theft where they took phones then used them. Had to call the phone company and get the numbers that were being called and tracked down the thief's girlfriend who had been called hundreds of times in a few days, who then ratted him out without the police's help...something they could have easily done, but if it is not easy pickens for them then they don't bother if its a run of the mill street/traffic cop.

FYI, here is a review I found on the Spot Trace device: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews...ace-anti-theft-tracking-device-1245673/review
The GPS cell phone wired in as John suggested is a much better and cheaper idea I think for those needing a tracking device all the time in the car.

Last edited:
watch ebay for parts from car. A running and driving GN is worth $2500 cash so they are at the top of the list for easy to steal cars. Takes all of 15 seconds to drive one away.
List all parts that can be identified and you will find them being sold on ebay within a day or two.

Had 3 custom sportbikes stolen and found them being parted on ebay within a few hours!!!

Check craigslist and ebay.

Per the guy at Radio Shack a Boost Mobile phone is $35/month. Is that a good price for what we want to do?

You don't buy phone service, you just keep it turned on and monitor it's GPS signal. No one is using the phone to talk or text.

You don't buy phone service, you just keep it turned on and monitor it's GPS signal. No one is using the phone to talk or text.
Really? That sounds a lot better. I went to Walmart, Best Buy and Radio Shack. Nobody explained it to me like that.

Really? That sounds a lot better. I went to Walmart, Best Buy and Radio Shack. Nobody explained it to me like that.
I really don't think it works like that. I'm pretty sure you need an internet signal to transmit the gps location to google maps or some other mapping software.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hopefully you get some info soon. I found someone in mine, with the door lock popped out and the column broken open, in October. I'm still furious when I think about it, can't imagine how it feels to have it stolen.

Try tracfone its like $20 for 90 days

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Did LOTS of online comparisons and this is what I ended up going with. Gettting the SIM card in the mail along with the $20 activation card. Already have a backup AT&T Go Phone which I will be using. That comes out to about $80 a year and has good coverage seeing as it apparently uses the AT&T 4GLTE network.

Just wanted to update. No luck so far. As you know I cannot put everything I know on a open forum. I think the NL Rock police are working on the case and I still have hope my car will be found. Thanks for all the info on the tracking units.