Just had my GN Stolen

You can rig a simple GPS system with a WalMart cheapo phone with GPS. Those phones work for both cellular and GPS, so the tracking is accurate. Wire it permanently into your dash electrical system, directly below the windshield. Disable the sound, and keep it powered up constantly. Get the phone tracking APP online for your tracking system on your smart phone, and even if they cut the battery, you can still find the car - until the phone battery discharges. And if it's put in a garage, the cell signal will assist in finding the car.

This works well, and it's cheap. ALL OF YOUR GNs should have a tracking system. Period.

Years ago, I designed an anti-carjacking system which would disable the ignition once it was triggered. The trigger method was a no-brainer which would absolutely be triggered by the car thief. Within minutes, the ignition system would shut down, leaving the car stranded at an intersection within 2 miles of the theft spot.

Maybe it's time to put that back into production...

You can rig a simple GPS system with a WalMart cheapo phone with GPS. Those phones work for both cellular and GPS, so the tracking is accurate. Wire it permanently into your dash electrical system, directly below the windshield. Disable the sound, and keep it powered up constantly. Get the phone tracking APP online for your tracking system on your smart phone, and even if they cut the battery, you can still find the car - until the phone battery discharges. And if it's put in a garage, the cell signal will assist in finding the car.

This works well, and it's cheap. ALL OF YOUR GNs should have a tracking system. Period.

Years ago, I designed an anti-carjacking system which would disable the ignition once it was triggered. The trigger method was a no-brainer which would absolutely be triggered by the car thief. Within minutes, the ignition system would shut down, leaving the car stranded at an intersection within 2 miles of the theft spot.

Maybe it's time to put that back into production...
So John are you saying you dont need the tracking device but just hide the phone in the car?can you link me a phone to buy PM me if you want .Also is there a monthly fee on those phones or do you just pay when you use it?

So John are you saying you dont need the tracking device but just hide the phone in the car?can you link me a phone to buy PM me if you want .Also is there a monthly fee on those phones or do you just pay when you use it?
I would like to know as well. I have a column guard, factory alarm and Kirban mystery theft deterrent but none of them will stop a rollback.

To the op I hope you get your car back.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My '87 (purchased new) GN was stolen out of my driveway in '96. Never recovered.

Good luck, I hope they catch the miserable fucks that did this.

Just a big thanks to everyone and all the kind words. No news yet. I am finding this has happened to a lot of turbo Buick owners. GN Venom thanks for the info and I am sure there will be some tracking system in my other T's even though they are not driven on the streets much. Lot of nice people drive Buicks!!!!!!!!

There is usually a small monthly charge for the tracking service, but the phone would be a "pay as you go" phone. That service pings the phone and overlays the location on Google Maps. The monthly cost depends on how much resolution you would want (pings per minute, etc.).

Best bang for the buck and you can use your smart phone or computer to track the location. It does the trick.

There is usually a small monthly charge for the tracking service, but the phone would be a "pay as you go" phone. That service pings the phone and overlays the location on Google Maps. The monthly cost depends on how much resolution you would want (pings per minute, etc.).

Best bang for the buck and you can use your smart phone or computer to track the location. It does the trick.

That's so awesome! Thanks for the advice!

HiTech6 - Sorry to hear about your car. I hope they find it & you get it back safe and sound.

Just a big thanks to everyone and all the kind words. No news yet. I am finding this has happened to a lot of turbo Buick owners. GN Venom thanks for the info and I am sure there will be some tracking system in my other T's even though they are not driven on the streets much. Lot of nice people drive Buicks!!!!!!!!

I find it hard to believe they have no news!! They have the damn guys phone for God's sake! One of your buds posted on Facebook some pics of your car. It sure is nice man, like i said before I hope it comes back.

I find it hard to believe they have no news!! They have the damn guys phone for God's sake! One of your buds posted on Facebook some pics of your car. It sure is nice man, like i said before I hope it comes back.
Was able to get a police report today. From the phone they have his name, photo, and address. Another surprise he is on parole an and has warrant. Still looking!!!!

You would think if you dropped phone you would be dead in the water. His parole officer should know where he is living and have contacts for him. I have a kill switch in my car in a hidden place. I would be leaning on the police more. You should have had your car back the same day. Hope you get your car back. Should cut his hand off when the find him.

Unless the phone thing is a ruse.. Criminals have all day to figure out how to be smarter than us working fools.

I did some looking. Might try it, only thing that I can't find to make 100 percent sure is a video on the Google maps display. We will see

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk