JAY FRICK REST IN PEACE

Dennis Kirban

I just received word earlier this evening from a good customer of ours that lives local to Jay Frick passed away earlier this evening. He was workng around his house and was not feeling real good. Sad day for many of us that have known him. He has been to several of our Open House events and I had been to his house dropping parts off in the past. Very knowledgeable Buick vendor and would buy from us. Used to love to hear his Buick stories when he worked at the dealership.

Another sad day for our Buick community. He is survived by his wife, son and daughter. I do not know any other details at this time. Month of April has not been kindly for Buick community nor myself. (Molly died this same month 2 years ago and my Dad died same month two years ago).

denniskirban@yahoo.com

VERY DIFFICULT EVENING.. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIS WIFE AND FAMILY.. IT WAS VERY COMMON TO MEET AT EAT&PARK IN NEW STANTON ON SATURDAY MORNINGS. MY 8 YEAR OLD AND JAY'S GRANDSON ALSO WOULD SOMETIMES JOIN US. MY SON.HUNTER WAS FOND OF JAY,IT WAS FUNNY,HE TOLD JAY THAT JESUS DROVE A GRAND NATIONAL, JAY THOUGHT THAT WAS VERY FUNNY, HE GOT A KICK OUT OF IT!!! I GUESS THAT I'LL EXPLAIN TO HUNTER THAT EVEN THOUGH JESUS CAN DO ALL THINGS AND FIX ANYTHING... JESUS THOUGHT IT WAS JAYS TIME TO GO HOME WITH HIM IN HEAVEN...I'M NOT SURE IF THERE ARE REALLY GRAND NATIONALS IN HEAVEN,BUT IF THERE ARE, JAY WILL FIND ONE TO FIX, OR TELL SOMEONE HOW TO FIX IT..PROBLEM IS THAT SHIPPING FROM NEW STANTON TO HEAVEN IS PROBABLY COSTLY... I WILL MISS THE FRIENDSHIP, BREAKFAST, LUNCHES AND "BS" TIMES WE SHARED... SOOO... ENJOY LIFE AND TIME WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY AND LOVE ONES CAUSE WE NEVER KNOW WHEN OUR TIME WILL END..

RIP Jay Frick
What a loss to the turbobuick community. I always loved hearing his stories going to his shop.
Prayers for his wife and family.

-Mitch

I was shocked to hear this myself this morning.

Jay was actually the first vendor I bought from at the nats when I was a customer.

We would speak about once a month & just see how everything was going wether he needed something or I from him. I think he had told me for 7 years now " Brian come on up here & buy me out so I can retire & relax." I use to laugh & say Jay I don't think you are one of "those Guys" that can retire & relax.
Very knowledgable guy & one of the few people left who would still look out for the Hot Air Buick's.
He was really going out of his way with me on new sheet metal. He was explaining how things were when he worked for Buick & gave great insite. Jay I appreciate you sharing that knowledge with me.
Jay you will be missed.
My condolences to his family. Dennis when you find out more please let us know.

Sad news. Sorry to hear about Jay's passing.

When I get a chance later I will post one of the humorous stories Jay told me when he worked at the dealership.....I am hoping my wife can find some photos as he was at our house for my 60th birthday back in 2007 alogn side Molly and others.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am very saddened to hear about Jay's demise. I actually started him in the Buick parts business back when I met him at Kirban's reunion in 1989 or 1990. Jay and I have been close friends ever since.
Rest in peace Jay.
jayfrick02.jpg
jayfrick01.jpg

jayfrick03.jpg

jayfrick04.jpg

jayfrick05.jpg

I am very saddened to hear about Jay's demise. I actually started him in the Buick parts business back when I met him at Kirban's reunion in 1989 or 1990. Jay and I have been close friends ever since.
Rest in peace Jay.
jayfrick02.jpg
jayfrick01.jpg

jayfrick03.jpg

jayfrick04.jpg

jayfrick05.jpg

The events are not the same without Jay bustin chops. RIP.

Pete

R.I.P. Jay.

Thanks for all the advice when I was searching for my GN. Your expertise and easy going way will be missed.

There should be a parade of GN's taking you home.

FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS
SNYDER FUNERAL HOME 521 MAIN ST IRWIN PA 15642
VISITATION SUNDAY 2-4 AND 6-8
FUNERAL ON MONDAY AT 11:00 AM

RIP Old Friend. You will be missed. I am shocked, Jay just bought a few things a few weeks ago. He was a true gentleman.
Mike