JAY FRICK REST IN PEACE

R.I.P. to Jay and his family. Close friend Jay's brother painted a Buick for him, true Buick diehards. Found out via text at 7am from a friend of his, and real tragedy, that is why life is so precious. No need to further comment on the cause, which was text to me as well, because in my opinion it would be rude and disrespectful to him and his family.

Share and honor him and his memories and cherish the best of times you had with him and hold it with you till the grave!

I got two stories about Jay actually one story and one constant reminder of him at our house. Maybe two years ago I stopped at his place in downtown Hunker, PA minutes from the PA pike and route 70. I was delivering several front end parts as he just got a real nice GN that had been lightly tapped in the front end. I parked my truck and trailer and failed to notice near the driveway he had a massive tree cut down but left a stump that was probably 1 1/2 feet tall. I went to leave and I hit that tree stump squarely with the front of one of my trailer diamond plated fenders and bent it into the tire. We had to bend it out and its stil bent to this day!

Here is one of Jays stories.....as many of you know he worked a a GM dealership back in the 1980s when our cars were new. dealership also sold Caddys and the all new Yugos that came on the scene in 1986 I believe. Several caddy dealers back then including the one he worked out had a special buy a Caddy and get a Yugo....maybe not free but at a super price. I can't member exactly. Should have been free.

He says they sold one Yugo to a customer and within about 30 minutes he is back without the car. The engine had completely locked up on the brand new Yugo. So Jay can;t understand how it locked up, had oil until finally, they figured out that the salesman never explained to the buyer that the Yugo was a manual shift car....he simply drove it in flrst and when the revs peaked the engine locked up......

Jay knew his stuff.....I am sure he enjoyed the less pressure working at home than at the dealership. He attended several of our events and was a good customer for many years. Every year our ranks get thinner....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

THE FUNERAL IS TOMORROW 11:00 AM.. THANKS TO THE MANY FRIENDS THAT CAME OUT TODAY.. AND THE FRIENDS THAT DROVE MANY MILES...

Jay will be sadly missed and holds a special place in my heart. I remember when I first started on my car. I knew him for about 2 years. I told him my plans (which were to go for the drag car look)... he looked at me with that well known "really?" look that he gave. When he saw the car for the 1st time finished, I just stood there wondering what he thought as he walked around it... wondering what he was going to say. He turned to me and said " looks amazing Chris. Good job!" I don't think Jay ever knew just how much that meant to me. I will always remember him for the amazing person he was and how he would go out of his way to help anyone. Thanks Jay. You were truly one of a kind and a dear friend. You will be deeply missed.

Chris

His viewing yesterday was very nice. Jason Rubin and I were there. Due to work and class we can not attend the funeral. Bill, if you need help with anything let Rubin or myself know.

I didn't know Jay, but was at a car show today with my Marauder (my GN is with Keith Soffa being worked on) and met a real good friend of Jay's who told me of his passing. Jay, if you're looking down you'll be happy to know that your friend Carl won best in show with his 83 Olds Hurst 15th Anniversary car. G-Body represented today!

I WENT TO THE IRWIN CAR SHOW IN DOWNTOWN IRWIN TODAY. USUALLY JAY'S CAR SITS ACROSS FROM MINE,AND HIS BROTHER JERRY'S CAR ON THE OTHER SIDE.. WE HAD SOME RAIN, AND ICE BALLS ABOUT 2:30 AND THE SHOW BROKE UP AFTER 3:00 PM.. ONLY 2 GN THERE TODAY.. LYNN AND BONNIE BISTOL AND MINE..WE HAD A CHAT AND DID SAY HOW WE MISSED OUR FRIEND JAY AND HIS HUMOR... BY THE WAY.. I DID PURCHASE A 50-50 TICKET .............AND WON... I CAN HEAR JAY YELLING..." DINNER AND BEER ARE ON YOU!!" GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE ONE FOR HIM...

Wow I know I'm VERY late, but I was going through the bookmarks on my laptop tonight and clicked on the one I have for his shop and read about his passing and came to here for more info. RIP Jay you will be missed and not forgotten. I've owned my GN for a bit over 11 years and he was the very first vendor I bought parts from when I started building up my car and learning about it. Was always a standup guy always willing to help and give me advice. Thank you for everything. You were a great ambassador for the Turbo Buick community.