Isn't this a BUICK board and NOT Rustang help board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
I thought this board was for Turbo Buick Alky related posts. Isn't anyone else getting tired of all the posts by this Rustang guy? Why can't he get his help on THEIR board?

I know we are all nice guys and love to help people, but this is getting ridiculous.

Sorry, but everytime I check on here, there's 2 or 3 more questions from him.

9 of the last 25 new topics have been his.

I understand where your coming from terry. I really don't have a problem with it, but I don't understand why they didn't buy the SMC kit. Hes chasing around all these parts, and could have already had the SMC kit installed and working by now.

be proud everyone comes here cause this is the best tech advise board on he web.

we get alot of different people with mustangs and other cars in tech asking about turbo setups also but it would get way boring if we delt with the same thing over and over again once in a while it cool to venture into other peoples projects .

i can understand the part about lots of questions tho maybe they should buy the smc kit so it will work right to start with..:confused:

I would take it as a compliment more than anything.

I'm game for helping other types of cars, have some class. What's the point in flaming someone whose trying to learn from us? Sooner or later he'll understand (if he doesn't already) our cars are superior. :D

I don't see a problem at all. He's being very polite about everything, and hasn't raised a ruckus. I admit that he could try to group more questions together, but big deal. Besides that, why buy what everyone esle buys when you can make your own (perhaps better) system and learn something on the way. I will soon be buying the same digital pressure switch as Blown93lx, to use on my Tripodi kit. I know everyone is happy with their SMC kits, but I didn't want one and this guy doesn't either. I say, if he isn't raising hell then let him be and don't read his post if you don't want to.
Just my $2.31..........

Here are my replies

Tlturbo- Little man syndrome?

Reds Hot Air, Black6Pack- I had every intention on buying the SMC, but I am just getting into this modifying thing, and am kinda enjoying myself. If I was to buy a kit, it would be SMC.

Prsrizd_V6- I would love to have Grand National, but I dont. I do love my mustang, but have no doubt that 3/4's of you guys would toast my supercharged stang.

ViciousV6- I will concentrate my thoughts better before posting. My apologies.

To everyone else. Thanks for the help. Maybe in doing this project, i will learn something to help you.

Gary
Kenne Bell supercharged 1995 Rustang GT:D

Originally posted by tlturbo
I thought this board was for Turbo Buick Alky related posts. Isn't anyone else getting tired of all the posts by this Rustang guy? Why can't he get his help on THEIR board?

I know we are all nice guys and love to help people, but this is getting ridiculous.

Sorry, but everytime I check on here, there's 2 or 3 more questions from him.

9 of the last 25 new topics have been his.

don't be such a prick:mad: .

the reason we get supra/mustang/f-body/mopar/import guys on our board asking us questions is because we have been doing this stuff longer that anybody,and we know wtf we're doing.

and for the most part we're all nice guys that like fast cars and are willing to help out.

i,for one,frequent many other bb's and have given the tb.com link to all kinds of people with turbo/alky/2004r questions.this bb is starting to get a reputation as the place to go for these answers,because there is a wealth of information here.

so do us all a favor,go fast with class or just go...

While we didn't invent the alky injection idea, we sure have contibuted to it's being more commonplace lately!

I bought my first kit from Jay Carter back in '94 and had great results with it! I'm definitely an alkyholic! The SMC kit is great, and I use some of his components, but wanted to do my own thing and make my systems stealthier, so I didn't get his whole kit.

These "other guys" aren't after anything more than some of our knowledge gained from experience. I say the more the merrier! We're all just trying to make our cars faster! :)

My recent post in the kill section that is dealing with a very similar topic shows that in my opinon, we really need people like this to help bring in new ideas. Sure, he might not have gotten an SMC kit, but he definately shouldn't be required to. I will bet that when the next time this topic comes up on his mustang board he will be able to help pass the teachings on, and maybe even make the SMC kit popular with the mustang guys. Haveing respect for your specific car or brand is noble, but disrespecting someone else's is not.

Previous post in the kill section:

I disagree completely. These boards are made to gain a better understanding about vehicles from other users. Although this site is generally directed at turbo buicks, turbo mopars should feel free to post here. Although the 350 and the 454 are different engines, they still have the common link that a diehard ford fan might not be able to help with. Turbo mopars and Turbo buicks both that that undeniable turbo link that so few cars truly have. I think it would be best if we were to treat other turbo car owners and enthusiasts as our own. Outside opinions, different methods of doing things, and fresh personalities help us as a community to not become a stagnant pool of inactivity.

I come here because you guys know your stuff. I can honestly say that this is the first time i have been treated rudely. If it is because i post too much, then I will hold back from now on, but judging from the number of reads, i think I ask qustions that at least some would like answered. I love the Turbo Buicks, but I like my Stang also.

I'm very glad most of you Buick guys feel ok about us being here.

From my experiences on the mustang pages I know that guys from "the other side" are few and far between. Some of them are complete jackasses and some are just there because they like cars and need some info. I know I've haven't written anything to be rude or insulting to a Buick or anyone for that matter. And from what I've read no one driving a ford has said anything that should upset anyone.

I've gotten all my info from you guys and I'm very glad you're here for me to ask all these questions. I don't know if some of you are the inventor/manufactures of the off the shelf kits, but if you are I hope you don't think I'm building my own just to save a buck. In fact the kit I'm building will probably cost a bit more. I'm doing it my way because I want to take the pride into doing something new (to me and the mustang world) myself.

The truth of the matter is you will probably be getting a lot more mustangs in here. Even though the supercharged mustang has been around forever, Turbocharged mustang are still farely new. And as for the alcohol/water injection I've had a subscrition to Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford from 5 years and I don't think I've EVER seen anything on that. If I went and mentioned it on a mustang page I probably have people telling me I'm crazy for shooting water into my engine. Its just something new to me. If SMC and everyone else who makes the kit would put an add in that mag I'm sure they would see quite a few kits to mustang/lightening owners.

For those of you who care: you have been very helpful and I'm sure I can speak for yellow95 in giving you guys a big thanks. As long as I am still welcome I will continue to post questions and comments. If you don't want to read it, then don't. Hopefully someone who is willing to share their knowledge will.

Have a nice day.
:) :)

OHHHH my god, they own Fords:eek: :eek: Ban them now!!!:rolleyes: Who cares, they aren't riced up are they?? Can't we all get along??

Lighten up. I think that they arent causing any trouble or giving any of us disrespect.
The trolls that come on board claiming their factory freak rice mobiles can beat our cars.. now they should be kicked out.

If you wanted answers to a question, who would you go to? The ones with the knowledge. I think its great that they can come here and ask questions in a friendly manner without trash talking. I wish more non buick guys were like that.
Remember the "class" part of our going fast with class idea.
I think thats part of the reason they came here in the first place.
Besides, they are asking questions that are relevant to the nature of the forum. Its not like they are asking us mustang specific stuff that a lot of us wouldnt know or care about. Who knows, maybe what they find out and experiment with might actually help some of us out later on.

If a Mustang bb had a new idea/product that would make our cars better, I'd be over there asking questions, so in the same aspect, if we have something new that'll work on their cars too, why not share the info? Plus it's good for SMC and the others too. I'd be more than happy to share the info with about the Alky kits as long as they aren't next to me at a light:D . I actually think it's pretty cool that guys with the Supras and Supercharged Mustangs are trying to learn what we're doing, especially since these guys haven't been rude at all, even with all the new names for mustangs most of us have come up with.

There's alot of us with other cars that come over here to keep on top of advancements and tech advice on alcohol. All the alcoholics ;) over here make for a large knowledge base. Most of the other cars are just now getting started with the whole deal so this is one of the only places on the net to get some quality information.

I for one also own an '81 turbo trans am, I know that technically it does fit into the "before black" section, but I like the mustang guys asking questions since they are mostly "how do I adapt it to a different vehicle" type of questions that I am also wondering since I will eventually be doing it myself. No problems here with the infidels:D , keep asking your questions.

Guess I need to recap how I'm running this section on TurboBuick.com.

I said when this section first got started that I will allow posts and topics from other cars (i.e. forced inducted Mustangs and Camaros, Syclones, etc) with Turbo Buicks being the main stream as long as it stays on the topic of alchy injection and nitrous. Reason being is that the Buick guys do have a lot of knowledge on these topics and we may also learn somthing beneficial from them. This section is one of the best available on the Internet covering Alchy Injection. Sections like General Turbo Buick Tech, Turbo Trans Am Tech, etc. are for those cars ONLY. This section is for alchy and nitrous only.

Hope that makes it clear.

Thanks,

Another "Rustang" owner checking in here with my .02.

Here is part of my sig on the corral...

Limited 35th, Perf Red 99GT 5 speed, Paxton Novi 1000, 3.0 Inch ASP Pulley, JMS Chip, SMC Water/Alcohol Injection kit, SVO 42# injectors, KB Boost-a-pump, FRPP HD clutch kit, Cobra Nodular Flywheel, FRPP 70mm TB, JBA Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Bassani X w/cats, Magnapack catback, Pro 5.0 4.10 gears, JMS modified MAF, Steeda Tri-Ax w/MGW shifter handle, Nitto 275-40-17 D/Rs, Steeda Chrome Moly subframe connectors with seat braces, Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway bar, MSD Knock Alert System, Jaycar Digital F/A mixture display, DIY-Wide Band O2 sensor, Lakewood D/S Loop.

Yes, I know big deal, but like all of our cars it's a work in progress and is still 100 percent stock in appearance. But notice a few interesting things. First off no intercooler (yet), 11-12 pounds of boost an a stock N/A motor, wideband O2, detonation sensor (no factory system) and of course the SMC W/A injection. Those aren't typical "rustang" type mods. I got those ideas either directly or indirectly from you guys. I'd be stupid to discount the information to be learned here when I have many of the same types of requirements or problems as you guys do.

I read this board a lot, but as you can see by my post count I seldom post unless it's constructive, it's "your house" so to speak. I won't come running to rescue the good name of Ford everytime somebody has something to say, like the Chevy guys do on the corral. The corral is crawling with Chevy guys posting in the engine specific tech forums. I personally have more respect for you guys than that. Besides as much as we love them they are just cars, the people you associate through them are not.

Now for the real sucking up... :) I have twice tried to buy intercooled GN's locally but had them plucked out from underneath me both times! Now it seems folks are a little wiser selling them so I'm finding it hard to get what I think is a good deal.

Thanks guys,

Ed

tlturbo- I can understand where you're coming from. I have been popping in here for about 6 months now on this subject, and today I think 50% of the new threads are from us rustangers! But like the others said it is a compliment to you guys, especially in an environment that may soon be OVERRUN by the whizbang Civics.

Also, I feel it'll get worse before it gets better! Around here there are more and more blown stangs and LT1 guys talking about alchy injection, and we need a place to go. Eventually it'll calm down as people get there advice from a growing number of knowledgeable users that are in there own group. I can ask a moderator on the Corral if they can add a water/alchy injection section, and hopefully we'll get an occasional turbo 3.8 users in there to help if someone hits a roadblock!

Status
Not open for further replies.