Installed translator; engine runs worse

l3lue

I installed a new ls1 MAF and a translator and now the engine runs worse than before it stumbles and hesitates if you rev it up here are my settings
7d3c0da3dc99ba9a005fc62dbed6be2d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You should zoom in on switch settings so the pros can see them. Alot of people seem to get the switches wrong at first.

cbef36cf9239cae1eaf9e031e4bc4d08.jpg
9c9743fdf013558751356ce31d984f38.jpg

Settings are on,on,on,off and 0 ,0 ..see pics of MAF

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is the harness plugged in so the pink wires line up? IIRC its pretty easy to plug it in the wrong way if you're not paying attention.

Is there anyway to look at the scan tool to see if the MAF is having issues? or anyway to test these? I do not know anybody with a LS1 MAF to test

Don't know where your located but I have an lt1 maf sitting around if you need to borrow. I'm in north jersey.

Well I put the old MAF on for now and it's better then the LS1 for sure, I am going to go a local parts house buy another Ls1 MAF and see if that helps if not i'll return that

post some scantool readings if you want some feedback.

if the old one was reading wierd, the ECM may have compensated. The TT chips learn the idle on the first drive cycle, so resetting the ECM would be wise.

Bob

That looks likes a non Delco MAF unit. I have no idea if they are as flakly as a parts store stocker.

That looks likes a non Delco MAF unit. I have no idea if they are as flakly as a parts store stocker.
That MAF looks like one of those Chinese knockoffs you find on e-bay. Get an AC Delco MAF. That is most likely your problem. I have run into this before with wrong calibrated MAFs.

That MAF looks like one of those Chinese knockoffs you find on e-bay. Get an AC Delco MAF. That is most likely your problem. I have run into this before with wrong calibrated MAFs.

That sucks guess I wasted $100 on this one, Does anyone have a part number for the Delco one?

Good grief! How can you tell from that picture?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]