Installed translator; engine runs worse

Good grief! How can you tell from that picture?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
You can tell by the color and texture of the metal housing. I have seen a lot of those. They sell them on e-bay for around $50. They are an aftermarket MAF.

I'd stick with a used or remanned GM unit only. They has an established track record of being robust.

If it helps, I probably have an extra set of LS1 guts that are made by GM. Sometimes a bolt corrodes in my castings and breaks off and/or the screen is damaged beyond repair so I have extras.

If you're interested, you can remove the 4 bolts on your Chinese unit and put in the GM electronics. I know it's not as good and having one that works right the first time, but it might take away some of the sting. It would be nice to know for sure that's your problem though.

I do have one more thing you can try that's cheap, quick, and easy (like I like 'em). Unplug the Translator harness from the MAF and look in the MAF socket. You should see three pins, make sure they are all straight and uncollapsed. This is one of those times where you can't trust the error codes since the translator acts as a MAF as far as the ECM is concerned.

If it helps, I probably have an extra set of LS1 guts that are made by GM. Sometimes a bolt corrodes in my castings and breaks off and/or the screen is damaged beyond repair so I have extras.

If you're interested, you can remove the 4 bolts on your Chinese unit and put in the GM electronics. I know it's not as good and having one that works right the first time, but it might take away some of the sting. It would be nice to know for sure that's your problem though.

I do have one more thing you can try that's cheap, quick, and easy (like I like 'em). Unplug the Translator harness from the MAF and look in the MAF socket. You should see three pins, make sure they are all straight and uncollapsed. This is one of those times where you can't trust the error codes since the translator acts as a MAF as far as the ECM is concerned.
How much would you want for the GM electronics?