Iac ???????

Mojoluv

Start the car cold. Reading with Direct Scan. IAC is about 60 until car goes into closed loop. Then the IAC counts start to drop until they each 00. They jump up if I throttle the car quickly. If I rev slowly, they stay at 00. I have tried to adjust the screw on the throttle body to see if the counts would come up, but they dont. Also, when I drive the car, it cuts out when not under a load. Could this have anything to do with the IAC. Everything else on the Direct Scan seems to be normal.:(

You might do some serious hunting for vacuum leaks. If the IAC value is dropping to 0 then there's too much air either going past the throttle blade or leaking in somwhere thus the iac is completely shut and can't help to control the commanded idle speed.

To try and get the iac count to come up, get the car warm and you want to bring the min air screw adjustment to a more closed position in hopes that you can reduce the air going past the throttle blade enough so that the iac needs to open to allow attainment of the chips commanded idle. Watch your TPS value while doing this to make sure it doesn't get too low.

If you get to the point where the throttle blade is totally closed then you have a leak somewhere that has to be fixed.